What's new

Video/Tutorial - Commando [UPDATED] Enhanced Commando Kano is officially a grappler #FALLBACKBOYZ #DONTNERFME

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
People are acting like Commando Kano will be S+++ tier, far above anyone else with these changes... sad...
Exactly, these changes will not make Commando top 8. Commando will still have trouble with Grandmaster Sub Zero, Takeda, Tremor, and HQT Predator. I also have no doubt that Commando will have trouble with Triborg because of the Sektor zoning, and Cyrax traps. Although, Triborg might not be THAT bad if he can parry Smoke, and Sektor's teleports.
Whatever...
I'm just saying, these changes do not make him #1 on the tier list. What is "OP" about the changes Commando currently has in the beta?

Lmao. I say there's an 85% chance of Commando either staying the way it is or staying the way it is with a few tweaks. I mean seriously, there's a Liu kang Dragon's fire, a Scorpion who is absolutely stupid right now in the beta lol, and Grandmaster Subzero can cancel into clone LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS. It's a new game but I like it!
? liukang which has nerfed bar building and crappy normals, scorpion with very unsafe fuzzyable 50/50 and no dirt, and your last point is a total joke its not even worth commenting on. wtf r u on?

I've mained Commando since day one so while I am excited for these changes (still have yet to jump on the beta), I'm hoping he doesn't become a brain dead character. There was actually a nice sense of satisfaction winning with him while he was an underwhelming variation. This isn't to say he isn't in need of these changes though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Wrestler Jax and Commando Kano definitely deserve this buff, as for other characters they should maybe make it a bit more selective but not remove it entirely.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I'm posting up matches against cR Dragon's Kitana in a few... HE KNOWS THE MATCH UP AND THESE VIDS WILL PROVE EVERY WEAKNESS COMMANDO HAS AND HOW TO AVOID HIS SUPPOSEBLY NEW BROKEN TECH. I DON'T WANNA READ ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT COMMANDO BEING BROKEN AFTER THIS. THIS SYSTEM CHANGE MIGHT NOT STAY SO ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS KANO BOYZ.

Cool thing is, as great as the matches were, my experience with Kano since day one shined very bright with this new Commando. It was a pain to get in but once I got in, well, you'll understand in a few.

Last edited:

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Exactly, these changes will not make Commando top 8. Commando will still have trouble with Grandmaster Sub Zero, Takeda, Tremor, and HQT Predator. I also have no doubt that Commando will have trouble with Triborg because of the Sektor zoning, and Cyrax traps. Although, Triborg might not be THAT bad if he can parry Smoke, and Sektor's teleports.

I'm just saying, these changes do not make him #1 on the tier list. What is "OP" about the changes Commando currently has in the beta?
I didn't say he's n1, but this new "command grab out of every hit" thing they got going on should not pass.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
? liukang which has nerfed bar building and crappy normals, scorpion with very unsafe fuzzyable 50/50 and no dirt, and your last point is a total joke its not even worth commenting on. wtf r u on?
You realize Liu Kang is still freaking amazing right?Take this from a "Liu main", right now (Not in the beta) Imo he's top 2 lol (My top 5 is Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Tremor, Quan Chi, Predator (HQT)) In the beta, according to the changes he still has jailing cancels, yes he has less meter build but he still builds a Fûçkton of meter lol.Imo he should still be in top 5 IF the changes are implemented.You realize Scorpion is getting some HEAVY BUFFS in the beta right?36% meterless into restand into free chip pressure into a +1 string doesn't equal no dirt whatsoever.Wtf are YOU ON mate?If you want a variations with mixups, sadly ninjutsu's f2 is now overhead :/.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Except command grabs also fuck u up if u block.
You can neutral jump his tick throws. I was watching a beta stream, and a Johnny Cage player avoided 80% of this Commando player's tick throws by neutral jumping. He seemed to only have a hard time reacting to the d1, and d4 tick throws.

Also, the only tick throws Commando has (as far as I know) is:

ji4
b1
f33
d1
d4

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Hey I respect all opinions. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and it's cool because you're a noob. Yeah I just used "noob" for the first time and it feels good because we have to call noobs out when their typing complete nonsense lol. Play the beta, you're probably not that great anyway but you need to level up your Liu kang and Scorpion. If they stay the way they are in beta as of now.. They will always be a problem. Do your research, take a peek at a few other threads regarding their current state. Stop being a mistletoe.

Last edited:

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
This is Commando at it's current state going against cR Dragon's Assassin Kitana. I think the videos speak for themseselves when I mention that Commando will have to work for his life to win against zoners. How is this design broken? The options are endless with all of the gaps Kano received and look at my stamina! Keep an eye on my spacing and footsies rather than B1 Ticks B1 on hit blah blah, all it means is that Commando has a fighting chance period.

This is Commando at it's current state going against cR Dragon's Assassin Kitana. I think the videos speak for themseselves when I mention that Commando will have to work for his life to win against zoners. How is this design broken? The options are endless with all of the gaps Kano received and look at my stamina! Keep an eye on my spacing and footsies rather than B1 Ticks B1 on hit blah blah, all it means is that Commando has a fighting chance period.

sexy af

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main

Not sure if this is enough for people to base their opinion on.. First off, the Kitana vs Kano is a bad MU for Kano yet Kano still wins because whenever he gets in close he seemingly got free damage.. Secondly, Dragon barely seemed to attempt dodging/punishing the command grab, probably due to the high risk of it and the high damage potential but even when he did, he couldn't punish with a NJP..

I don't own the beta so my arguments may be invalidated either way but the way command grabs seem in the beta is that they are riskless mixups (that you can do off a poke), giving this type of tool to a character like Kano (who kinda needs it) is one thing, but Cassie also has command grabs, do people realize what kindof a clusterfuck she'll become? OH or Low/OH into command grabs equal to blocking a mixup correctly+jumping out, but if you jump out you're at risk of eating a Flip Kick next time. This goes against what NRS is trying to do with the new patch, to tone down offense.

I'd understand people want their character (Kano) or type of tools (grappling) to be viable, which is fair, but this sounds easily abusable by competent players. In my opinion, if it stays in the game, whiff recovery should be long enough so it can be punishable by crossover JiPs or an NJP.