What's new

Strategy - Master of Souls Unsafe God Ermac

Afumba

Noob
b124 doesnt have a gap. Only thing that was able to interrupt it for me was a very hard ai scorpion. Crouch blocked the b1 and d1 it.

CliffP

Noob
lol down jabbing beats like half Ermac's pressure arsenal, not a lot of people are figuring that out though.

fobley

Noob
Hello fellow Ermac-phrodites!

Kinda new to the site, don't post much if at all. But something of great importance is really bugging me, lol. How are we playing Ermac in the neutral?

I mean, sure yeah I throw out his safe strings, but after that, I just don't seem to maintain any pressure. With Kano, I can d4; KJ, I can throw out 1, 1s all day. It just seems that with Ermac, I kinda start second guessing my options after a safe string. As a result, I inadvertently end up playing Ermac as a whiff punisher even though I have all the tools to break them open. Any tips on his neutral game?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
After maining Ermac since 3 days before launch I feel at a good enough level to realize Ermac is not going to be tournament viable and I am picking up a new main. His best starter string f2 1 d2 gets punished by armored moved which quite a few characters can lead into full combo punish and if you use his other string ender the game does not let the opponents input comeout so free option select for them.

Both his low strings b3 4 and b3 2 are both full combo punish. His overhead string f4 3 is also full combo punishable did I mention he cant cancel into anything safe without bar and even then your still -5.

I understand he has his perks as well, like 40% meterless combos and some might say that he's just a high risk high reward but ermac is ALL RISK high reward. In a game that revolves around 50/50 with so many characters with safe vortex why pick the most unsafe one.
Ugh almost all of this thread annoys me.no offence but a high risk-reward character is NOT the same as a non-tournament-viable character...yes ok he's unsafe but let's stop the downplaying...

After maining Ermac since 3 days before launch I feel at a good enough level to realize Ermac is not going to be tournament viable and I am picking up a new main. His best starter string f2 1 d2 gets punished by armored moved which quite a few characters can lead into full combo punish and if you use his other string ender the game does not let the opponents input comeout so free option select for them.

Both his low strings b3 4 and b3 2 are both full combo punish. His overhead string f4 3 is also full combo punishable did I mention he cant cancel into anything safe without bar and even then your still -5.

I understand he has his perks as well, like 40% meterless combos and some might say that he's just a high risk high reward but ermac is ALL RISK high reward. In a game that revolves around 50/50 with so many characters with safe vortex why pick the most unsafe one.
Why are people putting characters/pulling characters from the "tournament viable" category simply because of punishability? YOU made the mistake so you get punished for it... this ain't ballet. What kind of game would this be if every move/normal was fucking safe? Oh... it'd be like online which... everyone hates so... wtf is this even about?

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Why are people putting characters/pulling characters from the "tournament viable" category simply because of punishability? YOU made the mistake so you get punished for it... this ain't ballet.
If you could hit confirm into the unsafeness then it would be getting punished for making a mistake. But since it's not hit-confirmable it's just what you gotta do some times.
And it's not that Ermac isn't tournament-viable, per say. It's just that there are characters with much better viability. It's like if you go to a 3rd Strike tournament and you don't choose Chun Li, Yun, or Ken.

Unless the mistake was choosing Ermac :DOGE