What's new

TYM needs to grow up

BRUTALITY

Banned
yes tym is filled with ppl who found babies first fighting game forum and they come here and shit up the boards with their posting. tym has too many online casuals or worse people that dont even play.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I know this is nothing new, and people will just call me butthurt, but I just wanted to say my piece and how I have seen things going in the last few years.

Go ahead and ignore it. I just felt like putting what I have felt in the passing months into writing.

Pig was one of the players I was talking about. He has always been cool to me, myself being a nobody (not tournament proven), even helping me with MU's and training with me. He is also one of the top players who actually cares about this community, yet the community still shits on him.
You need to read @Zyphox's thread my friend... The 'Community' doesn't shit on Pig only a select few people do. Anyway, most of the Blowup threads are hilarious, and you just need to ignore the trash talk. Personally, I think TYM is fine just the way it is - would be hella boring without a little drama :p

The forum community sucks dick, people at tournaments are chill as fuck.

Forum community is like 80% children, and hardly anyone who goes out to play posts here...

Aside from a few, who troll, but that's it. Like Dave or PL when he wants to be a diva.

You can't ask a community to grow up when all you need is a email address to sign up and start posting bullshit.

Last edited:

Element_

The First Element
Wouldn't say grow up, what i would say is that there is too many trolls allowed to roam around here and it kinda put's people off from the point of gaming..including myself. People should be allowed opinion's and stuff but since i'v started logging back in here i'v noticed a lot of trash being spoken in thread's where it just shouldn't be allowed ! FG fans and the majority of members come here to learn and help each other learn..not witness usual suspect's trolling and being nuisance's all the time.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Wouldn't say grow up, what i would say is that there is too many trolls allowed to roam around here and it kinda put's people off from the point of gaming..including myself. People should be allowed opinion's and stuff but since i'v started logging back in here i'v noticed a lot of trash being spoken in thread's where it just shouldn't be allowed ! FG fans and the majority of members come here to learn and help each other learn..not witness usual suspect's trolling and being nuisance's all the time.
I feel the same, it sucks that tym isnt doing much about it, especially when i see some of those trolls who registered a year ago now have a postcount of +1k and still making retarded posts

JDM

Noob
Yea you're right, TC.

I don't know what it is, but fighting game fans are self-loathing individuals. This isn't exclusive to TYM, though. Watch any fighting game tournament to see what I'm talking about. Everything you hear is negative, they call shit cheap, boring, lame etc. etc. but never really up play the skill of the people playing. I think it's a big reason why fighting games won't succeed in MLG, or outside of the small FGC.

The old fighting game fans are really guilty of this. Talking about how every new game is trash because its not 100 percent footsie based and hard as shit to do combos or hitconfirm. It really kills the FGC and the hype behind it. Nothing you can really do to stop it, that's just the way things are.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yea you're right, TC.

I don't know what it is, but fighting game fans are self-loathing individuals. This isn't exclusive to TYM, though. Watch any fighting game tournament to see what I'm talking about. Everything you hear is negative, they call shit cheap, boring, lame etc. etc. but never really up play the skill of the people playing. I think it's a big reason why fighting games won't succeed in MLG, or outside of the small FGC.

The old fighting game fans are really guilty of this. Talking about how every new game is trash because its not 100 percent footsie based and hard as shit to do combos or hitconfirm. It really kills the FGC and the hype behind it. Nothing you can really do to stop it, that's just the way things are.
It is what it is.