What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
I understand all of that, but there is a right way and wrong way to handle something. Doing a chant, in my opinion (and several others from the looks of it) is not the right way to go about it. You can get the same results via different methods. It's not a one way street.
Never said it was the "right way", just asked a question to TYM community and offered options, one being sending someone from TYM to get answers from NRS, and it ultimately became this thread here.

But right or wrong, hurting NRS people feeling shouldn't get into the mix.

They can't care less about us being unable to play their shitty games online for like ... years !

So I won't need any tissue if they go all wet-eyes when people get them cornered for answers.

It's bad enough they dodge shit on any other form of media, be it Tweeter / Facebook or any forum really.

But that open letter is a step in the right direction, we agree on that.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Great thread. The online in MKX is so bad, I mainly play against the computer these days. Even if MK had netcode as good as SF4, which is an OLD game at this point, it would be okay, but, somehow, sadly, it doesn't.

Hope this thread goes far, as online is a big part of what will keep MKX competitively viable in the long run, or not.

One last thing, you mentioned ESL which is a good talking point. I don't watch the online tournaments anymore because, with all that lag, I know it's not the same game, and I'm sure other Twitch monsters feel the same.

P.S. As was said, online beta for NRS's next game. Fingers crossed.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Part of the pb here bro.

You guys care too much about what NRS will think and not enough about the fact that NRS should worry about what WE think.

We pay their rent.

Not the other way around.
These guys say they want a better netcode but bitch out when they hear they might have to make NRS look bad to do it.

We ain't fuckin making em look bad, they are making them look bad, we just trying to get people to look AT THEM so they will have motivation to fix it.

Pulling their support from TYM (assuming this could possibly be more non-existent) doesn't fix bad PR. Pulling out of events doesn't fix their bad PR. Fixing the netcode fixes the bad PR. Trying to squash their own competitive scene doesn't fix their bad PR, it just hurts their wallets even further.

People gotta stop worrying about WB / NRS getting mad at us like they gonna punish us for being bad kid or some shit. WB is billionaires, they aren't in the business of making friends, they are in the business of making money, fixing the bad PR makes money, cutting your cash flow off at the wrists just cause they're "bitter" does not.

This thread will get absolutely no results towards the netcode. There is already threads about people saying they want it fixed. Wrapping it up in a polite little parcel for them isnt any more motivating financially then doing it the other way, probably even less so.

It just shows them what a bunch of bitches this community actually is and how WILLING we actually are to do absolutely nothing. If they DO read these forums, they now officially know beyond any shadow of a doubt, they never have to worry about us causing any bad PR for them bout the netcode because we are too scared of losing their "friendship", thus, the netcode will never be anything but the cheapest thing that let's them write "multiplayer online!" on the back of the case.

Guess the forty pages in multiple threads on this topic got missed by NRS somehow even though they were tagged in them multiple times.
this will not stay a thread. i will let this run for a week or so, if there is enough positive feedback i will make a letter from it and figure out effective ways to express the tym support for this and how to communicate it to NRS. (maybe encourage retweets on twitter, make it a petition or sth.)

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Every fighting game with better netcode that I can think of:

Tekken Tag 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Blazeblue: Every Version
SkullGirls
Latest Street Fighter
Killer Instinct

So what I'm saying is, NRS is at the bottom of the barrel.
Even worst, is the lack of progression the past 4 years. How do you NOT get better with time?

mercureXI

this will not stay a thread. i will let this run for a week or so, if there is enough positive feedback i will make a letter from it and figure out effective ways to express the tym support for this and how to communicate it to NRS. (maybe encourage retweets on twitter, make it a petition or sth.)
If you don't turn this into some form of Q/A letter that someone designed as TYM representative presents to NRS people at some moment during EVO, it will be the same as the other online pétitions : they will bury it and wait for you to grow bored about asking if they received the petition.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Although I admire the sincerity behind this... It's exactly in the form that they want. A form that can be blocked, ignored, deleted, maybe even printed and shredded while laughing maniacally.

It has already been done, and embargoed, disregarded, and there's even been resources spent to keep things like this in secrecy.

There is only one way to ever see a change, for those that want to...

There is no "panels" to protest at as people have suggested, lol. There will be no interviews with Ed Boon or anyone relevant regarding this subject matter. That is not allowed to happen, contracts signed behind close doors forbid this. And if put on the spot in any non scheduled interviews, there are protocol rehearsed responses which in other words say... "FUCK YOU"

If you don't turn this into some form of Q/A letter that someone designed as TYM representative presents to NRS people at some moment during EVO, it will be the same as the other online pétitions : they will bury it and wait for you to grow bored about asking if they received the petition.
i have a masters degree with focus on politics, let me do my Job ;) i will not be too tame. also, i will not present you a final product, its all subject to community discussion.

Every fighting game with better netcode that I can think of:

Tekken Tag 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Blazeblue: Every Version
SkullGirls
Latest Street Fighter
Killer Instinct

So what I'm saying is, NRS is at the bottom of the barrel.
Even worst, is the lack of progression the past 4 years. How do you NOT get better with time?
i case i cant put all on the list, which of these are outsanding?

edit: nevermind, ill put all of them on, i said i dont wanna be too tame :D

mercureXI

i have a masters degree with focus on politics, let me do my Job ;) i will not be too tame. also, i will not present you a final product, its all subject to community discussion.
Glad to hear that mate. You'll have my vote anyway for having balls and starting this thread.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
If Quake 2 could display ping, Ii don´t see why every game can´t. When I got my ps4 and mkx I thought finally this would be my opportunity to play with everyone I´ve wanted to play with since the MKU days. Yet here I am, with a crap local team and no real practice, again.

Marbledecker

BUTTONS
The only people that should be posting in this thread are current professional video game QA testers and developers. Few other people know what it actually takes to "fix" the netcode.
I might not know "what it takes" to make Eggs Benedict; but I don't need to know that to assert when it tastes bad.

EDIT: I actually love eggs benedict, as an aside.

beepboop

Noob
I might not know "what it takes" to make Eggs Benedict; but I don't need to know that to assert when it tastes bad.

EDIT: I actually love eggs benedict, as an aside.
Absolutely correct.

At the same time though, if you know nothing about choral music why am I going to listen to you tell me what's wrong with my choir?

beepboop

Noob
Once again, I don't need to be a singer to assert when a song sounds bad or sounds out of tune.

EDIT: I actually am a singer... c'mon Beepboop, this is getting mad weird right now. :eek:
You're right, this is getting weird (I'm doing grad work in choral conducting).

The point I was trying to make was that you can identify that something is wrong, sure. Unless you have solutions, simple identification isn't going to help anything. Relating this idea to MKX, unless someone can give hard solutions to the netcode problem, simply saying "god the netcode is bad" doesn't help at all.

Marbledecker

BUTTONS
You're right, this is getting weird (I'm doing grad work in choral conducting).

The point I was trying to make was that you can identify that something is wrong, sure. Unless you have solutions, simple identification isn't going to help anything. Relating this idea to MKX, unless someone can give hard solutions to the netcode problem, simply saying "god the netcode is bad" doesn't help at all.
Nice choice of profession, I can dig it! :)

As for solutions, I'm afraid the ball is squarely in the NRS court. I didn't pay for this game to then be tasked with the responsibility of finding a solution for NetKode. And with the lack of response (in action, not language) to feedback regarding this issue, they can expect threads like this to exist and be packed full of responses.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Although I admire the sincerity behind this... It's exactly in the form that they want. A form that can be blocked, ignored, deleted, maybe even printed and shredded while laughing maniacally.

It has already been done, and embargoed, disregarded, and there's even been resources spent to keep things like this in secrecy.

There is only one way to ever see a change, for those that want to...

There is no "panels" to protest at as people have suggested, lol. There will be no interviews with Ed Boon or anyone relevant regarding this subject matter. That is not allowed to happen, contracts signed behind close doors forbid this. And if put on the spot in any non scheduled interviews, there are protocol rehearsed responses which in other words say... "FUCK YOU"
This. This so many times over. A couple of other things, and then this again.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Never said it was the "right way", just asked a question to TYM community and offered options, one being sending someone from TYM to get answers from NRS, and it ultimately became this thread here.
But right or wrong, hurting NRS people feeling shouldn't get into the mix.
They can't care less about us being unable to play their shitty games online for like ... years !
But that open letter is a step in the right direction, we agree on that.
These guys say they want a better netcode but bitch out when they hear they might have to make NRS look bad to do it.

We ain't fuckin making em look bad, they are making them look bad, we just trying to get people to look AT THEM so they will have motivation to fix it.

Pulling their support from TYM (assuming this could possibly be more non-existent) doesn't fix bad PR. Pulling out of events doesn't fix their bad PR. Fixing the netcode fixes the bad PR. Trying to squash their own competitive scene doesn't fix their bad PR, it just hurts their wallets even further.
People gotta stop worrying about WB / NRS getting mad at us like they gonna punish us for being bad kid or some shit. WB is billionaires, they aren't in the business of making friends, they are in the business of making money, fixing the bad PR makes money, cutting your cash flow off at the wrists just cause they're "bitter" does not.

This thread will get absolutely no results towards the netcode. There is already threads about people saying they want it fixed. Wrapping it up in a polite little parcel for them isnt any more motivating financially then doing it the other way, probably even less so.

It just shows them what a bunch of bitches this community actually is and how WILLING we actually are to do absolutely nothing. If they DO read these forums, they now officially know beyond any shadow of a doubt, they never have to worry about us causing any bad PR for them bout the netcode because we are too scared of losing their "friendship", thus, the netcode will never be anything but the cheapest thing that let's them write "multiplayer online!" on the back of the case.
I don't think that many of us are against making a stand against NRS for the bad netcode, I think alot of the people who are against making a show of it agree with you, I can speak only for myself but I really like this game and when I go to or watch an event, I want to hear and see the event on display, I do not want any part of the event, which is one the highlight events of the year to be watered down by this discussion of netcode, Also this is one of the big events for all the players of other games to get to see what MKX is all about, I want only gameplay to be the highlight of the event, as a unbiased unaware person, If I am seeing all these good games being played, but if one game is making a scene about the netcode(even if its justified), it could turn off the new player to the game.

I think if we really wanted to make a stand about the netcode we shouldnt try to piggy back it to an event, we should get people to together to go to the office or at the next panel have 10+ questions specifically about the netcode, I think that making showing about the netcode and just the netcode, whether it be a gathering where we try to have an online tournament and just pinpoint all the times the lag caused problems, or we actually have people go to the offices and stay there until they make a statement

If we want answers that is a better way to do it than at EVO in my opinion