What's new

Toryuken shoutouts

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
The dust has settled after a crazy weekend. My first tournament was a Canadian major, and regardless of what anyone says it was stacked with talent. What a fucking sick event. Happy to make top 16 and was so close to going a little further but I did predict I'd come up against a good player and choke when it mattered. That's karma for doing what I did in button checks ha

Shoutoust to some real cool guys I met in no order:

Shady You're 7 ft. WTF. Glad we got casuals offline finally.

Milkman When you introduced yourself to me as Milky Situation I nearly pissed myself. Just the way you said it. You were so unlucky against Reo. Good shit.

Altaire LOL at how contrasting the forum you and the real you is. Nice to meet you and take your money. We'll play again for sure.

Zer0 Hundr3d I liked your new mains.

Insuperable It was nice to meet you and grab your crotch on behalf of HyruleNERD. LOL at tag babies.

Jimmypotato STB ripcrowley and STB TakeAChance I felt like I knew you guys for years, you were so welcoming on the Thursday night and the only shitty part of the weekend was having to play Chance who should never have been in my pool. Fail. Rip, y u short? We'll make top 16 next time!

Maxter and REO thanks for taking the time to give me a couple of games, I'm really grateful. Congrats on your placings and the epic finals.

xSMoKEx You were the standout player for me, absolutely fucking amazing.

Massive thanks to Playpal for lending me your pad, even if it wasn't your pad. GGs. I was also blown away at watching w1nter warz play on keyboard. Also, NeoRussell 's match with Soup was hype as fuck.

Final shoutouts to k-frog, DarkTrax and the MKU team, you're all top fellas.

Loads more safe guys that I probably missed but everyone was cool as fuck.

Thanks for having me, Toronto.

You know I think it was actually my pad the whole time. I remember trying to turn it on to see which ps3 it was synced to and it wouldn't turn on, so i automatically assumed it wasn't my pad. Then I realized the last ps3 i played on had 4 players when I was testing it out. It also looks like my pad (very clean except on the dpad area, you know, cuz of gloves).

@Toronto guys: Hella cool, and hella hating on that f3. Let me say I don't regret going to toryuken at all. Legs hurt from all the walking though.

Milkman you're a really cool guy man. thanks for coming out to toryuken, your second tourney.

Insuperable maaaan our casuals on stream were replaced with commentary cam. Nice to finally meet you broseph. Fucking tired of hearing you say "damn" though.

REO was great playing your kabal. Was hella fun trying to figure out how to beat you. I'm half convinced you sandbagged me. Next time we play I'd like to get more games, dunno if you don't feel bored playing cage though.

Maxter thanks for the compliment about my jc man. Really wanted to get more games with you but i had to go home.

xSMoKEx glad you came out man. you ripped it up. Btw, since you live in caledon what do you think of casuals in your area on weekends? if that's not cool with your parents or your friends' parents that's cool. I mean, we could do a brampton/caledon vs toronto some day.

Jimmypotato hella cool, should have gotten some casuals in but great to meet you

STB TakeAChance maaan your accent was subtle but sick lol. Nice to see maritimes has a player. Nice jade stick btw.

Altaire regretting not buying that xbox, oh well maybe next time when you gotta sell it again lol

@Temjin glad you came out man, when i heard you were coming i thought you were a canadian. Never expected someone from the UK to come to toryuken. Now that I know why you came to toryuken, all i gotta ask is: what's the likely hood of you coming to a local? lol

anyone else I missed, I'll be sure to tag you later. Just thanks for coming by.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Awesome weekend no doubt. Absolutely amazing!!

TemJiin : Nice meeting you man, hope you liked Canada and great Reptile. I wanted you to beat JWong so badly, you could have gotten even further no doubt.

@MilkySituation : Nice talking to you briefly while commentating (the whole 10 seconds -_- lol) Nice Reptile, your forceball set-ups were unique.

@WinterWarz : Hype player!! Awesome seeing a keyboard player lol. Out of everyone i played, regardless of me winning, you were still very nice to me and were rooting for me after. Means a lot and shows your class, thanks!

k-frog : I re-watched the stream lol! Hype commentating and dude you're Ermac tech has potential.

DarkTrax : Funniest man alive! You had me laughing for what felt like hours. Gary... errr... Luke ;]

Shady : Damn you're tall lmfao! You made me look like a dwarf. Scumbag Shady!!! Haha j/k

VIDA : Nice Kitana man and gg's.

@Akuma : You placed so much hope in me and you were rooting for me the whole time. You sir are a champ lol. Your Kabal is going to be nasty no worries.

@STB JimmyPotato : Another awesome guy. The very first casuals we had were intense and i had a shitload of fun. I know you will get far in your next event. That's a fact.

STB ripcrowley : Didn't get to really meet you but man you had a great NightWolf
Insuperable : What can i say? Woolay? You had me laughing so hard before Top 8 when you pulled out that BK crown.

Maxter : Classy guy, great player, enough said.

REO : Awesome games, you're Kabal + Quan team with Soup was just too much D:<

James_MK, i talked with you for awhile and had a good laugh. That zoning Lao!! nice meting you.

Playpal : Awesome matches as usual.

@SammyB : You came day 2 but man you were hype as hell! Lmao awesome.

Altaire : The hate you recieved... omg lol... That and the Diamond story was just too much. Regardless, you're a solid player!

@NeoRussel : Great job running the tournament. You handled everything well, even the annoying chair incident. Props to you man for being able to not only run, but play a great tournament.

@TakeAChance : I met you early on with Jimmy P, it was awesome you let us all sign that stick. Great Jade gameplay.

@All the Quebec players : Awesome that you guys came to Ontario and supported the scene. I played a few of you and you'll all pretty damn good. Cheers!

@ everyone else i may have forgot: Just hype tournament, a good amount of skill and just a truly amazing experience. I don't know how many times i can say it but man i had a blast!!!

EPIC WEEKEND!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
God, what a tournament. I was talking to Kfrog and Shady about this, but it was the absolute best run tournaments I have ever seen. Beautiful venue, everything tournament wise was on time and everyone was super accomodating. Shout outs to @NeoRussel for working as hard as he did. I hope to get the chance to play him sometime.

Jimmypotato - This guy. What can I say? One of the truest and most genuine person I have ever met. God, you are such a hype guy. It mAde every moment that much better. Don't let his tournament record fool you, Jimmy is very very good.

Temjiin - Tough titties Temjiin. When I met him for the first time thursday, I knew he had sick skills. Was so happy to meet you and see you play for myself. Excellent work.

@RipCrowley - You were shorter then I expected but maaaaaan did you rep that nightwolf. If you would have had a little extra time on the monitors you could have gone farther.

Shady - Diamond please. You made me laugh and feel like one of the boys. Thanks for making a guy feel accepted.

@Kfrog - godlike recording skills. This guys laugh makes me laugh so hard. How's your ribs?

@lollingoctipus - Excellent Jade and I really enjoyed talking about the character with you. Excellent reactions. Can't wIt to have thAt offljne timing. Excellent stuff.

Jer Fuck mileena :p

Maxter - Thanks for the casuals. You have rediculous comedic timing man, its a gift lol.

REO - Thanks for having chats with me. Wish we could have got casuals in but alas, wasn't meant to be!

@JamesMK - You are the fucking man. Not bad for a washed up old hack eh? Fuck the diamond loving haters. 200-0 matchup.

@MilkySituation - you are S+++ tier on the chill levels. We hung out so much and I cherished every moment of it. I will send you your pics when I get home.

@Winterwarz - I love you man lol. Your hype is legit. Keyboard swag for life. Thanks for introducing yourself to me and allowing me to get to know such a great dude.

Insuperable - Tag babies? Maaaaaaaaaaaan.

xSmokex - highliht of the tournament. My throat hurts today and I blame you for me cheering so hard.

Altaire - Hope you made it home, and diamonds are forever. Hahahaha

DarkTrax - LOVE THIS GUY! Super hype and friendly. It was weird having people know who I was and this guy picked me out immediately and made me feel at home. Thanks!

To those I missed I will add you when I get home.

I will never forget the events that transpired at Toryuken.

Thanks everyone.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
@everyone in my car, for being mad chill. Beside Jer poking at my neck every hour to make me paranoid

@KFrog, the guy really deserve mad respects. Not only does he host a bunch of mk players at his place but he makes sure everyone has a good time. To play you for top 16 was probably my proudest moment at toryuken bro!

Shady dude is there something you didnt do at the tourney? You helped with the setups so people could play ASAP, commentary and you played like a monster.

Claude VonStroke mad cool, Really happy you guys came to toronto. Made things really awesome! ps: best 5 bucks I ever spent

@STB crew, once again thank you so much for coming to toryuken, you guys were incredibly nice. It's always amazing how this community always gets along each others and we play one of the most brutal games on the market hahaha ps: that jade discussion with STB TakeAChance was insane. I'll record some stuff soon to share what we found. Trust me chance knows a lot about jade

Insuperable sorry my quan was so rusty our mirror was awful hahaha :p as promised I'll drive to vsm as soon as I can and I will probably bring with me some fellas from montreal

@vsm in general + jamesmk, you guys were awesome as usual. Really respectful and fun to be with. I'll try to come down for vsm some time this summer before evo, but for sure after evo I'm taking a drive to level up my game even more and have some more good times~

Altaire beside the obvious, thank you for coming man. You might've partied a bit too hard but honestly thank you for showing at toryuken. Hope you recover from this weekend and I hope to see you at evo or sometime soon!

@anybodyIforgot I'm sorry I don't want to tl;dr but trust me I really appreciated what everybody did for toryuken, even if you showed up for 2 hours I really appreciate the time and effort people put into this game to make it hype. Once again, thank you everyone for making toryuken an amazing experience

Shady

Noob
So many godlike moments the entire weekend that I am still somewhat recovering. The GODLIKE ending was standing on a stoop at 6AM, laughing our asses off about everything that happened and almost getting the cops called on us. I am doing a very special shout out today and I really hope that no one deletes these messages. Oh, and props to anyone who figures out why it is formatted the way he is.

First off, to all US scene, thank you for coming out, this was a blast and it was amazing to have you here. We have to do this again sometimes.

Maxter, what can I say, stay classy my friend. Big thank you for coming out and I’m extremely happy we finally got to sit down for some casuals. I’m going to figure out my way around those 8-frames

Scumbag REO, gets glitched on stream, goes 8 straight to win tourney. Dude, thank you soo much for making it down here and I hope you had a good time, you know, standing around Toronto sidewalks.

Claude VonStroke, Troy, Troy, Troy, damn man, I am so happy you made it man. This was a phenomenal weekend and I

Shady

Noob
Hope to see you again at ECT. Great stuff man, hope you had fun.

Insuperable, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. 2-1? Twice? Once finishing with a flawless? When that happened I was like “thank God I entered the no blood code.” Great to see you man, and once again, hopefully, ECT.

w1nter warz, come back over the border more often. I can always use more money. But no, seriously, great to see you again.

jamessmk, man, when I heard you were not coming I was upset, but then you showed up out of nowhere and just blew everyone’s mind. You sir, are a legend. Was great to hang out and share stories. U+4 that bitch.

blueNINE, hold DAT. Always a pleasure, hopefully we’ll see you at ECT.

MK Peanuts, man, you’re getting better and better. Congrats on winning Skull Girls btw, that was, dare I say, adorable? But no, seriously, I was really impressed by your Sonya too. Can’t wait to see what you do with her at ECT.

Jer, it’s all love brother. We have to stop matching up in tourneys. Always good games though, no matter who wins.

zaf, thanks for coming out man. I know the Ermac forum thing is getting

Shady

Noob
Out of hand, but when you say “placed” in quotations, that just seemed a little off like you were devaluing his win, that’s the only thing I had an issue with

LolingOctopus, DUDE, LEVELL UP!!!! Honestly, from the first time we played until now, I am seriously amazed. That Jade was pretty damn godlike and I had a lot of fun in casuals.

@zer0hundr3d, thanks for finally making it out man, hope you had a good time.

T.roll, same for you man, didn’t get to play casuals this time, but always great to see you. As for you getting registered from MTL, yeah, you did, but we had 6 MTL guys and 4 brackets, someone had to play someone from their region, sorry about that one.

Jedah, dude, we never got to see that Kabal match, but no that you have a hitbox, I don’t think I’ll ever take that on.

Temjiin, “tough titties,” my friend, I was hoping you would blow up J.Wong and you almost did. Regardless, it was great to see you and play you. Those casuals at Jimmy’s were fantastic. “How do you sleep at night?”

Jimmypotato, dude, you are exactly like I Thought you’d be,

Shady

Noob
Lots of class and hype as hell. It was amazing hanging out with you and I only wish you were out with us to more places to witness more of the epicness.

STB TakeAChance, dude, so great to finally meet you, share stories, play, baby you. It was all in great fun and I really wish you lived closer to us because we need to do this more often, like way more often. Amazing to hang out with you last night as well. Hopefully we’ll do it again soon.

STB ripcrowley, I hoped I’d get to play you. Unfortunately, I really wanted to play you and didn’t get to because of helping run the brackets. Next time man.

xSMoKEx, DUDE!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!! I was amazed. Honestly, best smoke I’ve ever seen, bar none. No dropped combos, no dropped punishes, nothing. Just picture perfect execution. I hope to see you more and more no, and winning locals.

VIDA, good stuff with Kitana as always, holding your own against tough comp.

Playpal, Man, we still be hating on F3, but the stuff you did at the 8v8, that was amazing and hype. Come out to casuals more man.

Milkman even though

Shady

Noob
Dude is not even gone yet, this was great to see you come out and actually make it out. What did I say before you came? “If you’re on point, you’re making top 8.” And what happened? You made top 8. And Team USA. And yeah, we have milk in bags, deal with it. Get bonged SON!

NeoRussell, dude, many many many many times I can repeat how essential you are to this community man, without you, this whole thing would go right ahead and fall apart. Giving MK stream time, giving MK a pot-bonus, taking care of us and all. A big massive THANK YOU to you my friend for a perfectly ran tournament.

k-frog. GODLIKE. Coming up with useless tech… improving character mobility. Jumping like a dumbass, placing top 9. One thing I will say is, we ran the shit out of those brackets, they were smooth, on time, and absolutely everything went right. Scrubby ass Ermac.

All in all, a phenomenal weekend, many memories that will be precious to me. Like diamonds. I’d say there were about 200 moments where I couldn’t help it man.

Altaire, what can I say man except for “Don’t do it again.”

Hey Guys,

Sorry about no full results. Still recuperating and technically not done yet with returning equipment I borrowed for TORYUKEN. Hope to have them out by tonight.

NeoRussell

Wow. What a weekend. I have to say this is one of the most incredible experiences I have had at a Skullgirls tournament, at which I believe Mortal Kombat was also present. I'm glad I could bring home a major win for WNBA, even if it wasn't in MK. Shout outs in no particular order:

Milkman Peckapowa was right, you're one of the best Reptiles I've ever played. Congratulations on top 8.

w1nter warz Gratz on top 8 and great job in the 8v8. Sorry I was so annoying when you played Alex, that's just how we do it in Massachusetts.

VIDA Dude I still cannot get over how much you've improved. You've been putting a lot of time and effort into the game and it really shows. Keep at it man, you're only gonna get better from here. Good shit.

k-frog (does he even read these forums? lol) Great seeing you again. Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out on Saturday, but I really needed to be at my best and brightest on Sunday and I don't think I would have played as well with a hangover. Hopefully I'll scrub out in Evo and we'll get to go nuts in Vegas with no negative repercussions (???)

Altaire Nice to meet you in person. I had always pictured you as the coach from Home Movies cause of your voice. GGs, Noob Saibot was a good pick, everybody knows I don't like fighting that character, lol

jamessmk Great seeing you again and playing you again. I loved watching your set against Playpal in the 8v8, I think if you picked Baraka from the start you could have beaten him.

Playpal Good to finally put a face with the name. I think you're right about the 8v8, I should have gone Sonya from the start. I figured the stream would rather see Liu Kang; looking back on it now I'm not sure why I thought anyone, anywhere, would want to see that character. WAH WAH WAH!

blueNINE Dude thank you so much for everything, it's really only because of playing so much against your Valentine that I even had a shot against Justin. I know this tournament didn't go the way you wanted, but you're an incredible player and as long as you play your best I know you can turn heads at UFGT8.

NeoRussell Great tournament, great experience. Not everyone can run a major while also making top 8 in MK9. You did a great job this weekend at everything. One thing though about your commentary during Skullgirls... I know you don't play the game and were just filling in for commentary, but I need to set the record straight. I know Double combos. They're just really hard to do when Justin Wong's Valentine is repeatedly punching you in the face.

Ah fuck I have a meeting. I'm gonna have to cut this short but I'll be back later!

Breaker

~AKUMA~
@xSMoKEx After TORUKEN, easily the best Smoke on the scene, AND it was your first tourney. Really fuckin proud of this guys performance, stay godlike bro.

jamessmk

I am your god
Ok time for this old hack to see if he ca. Remember some people.

Neorussel - great to see you again, ran one of the smoothest tournies, place top 8 and all around great dude

K-frog - man breasting with dat Ermac. Showed me that Canada does have good titty bars, and 1 half of my Canada Diamond team

Shady - this big ass SOB has the honor of being the second half of the diamond team. Another all around great cat, instilled faith to me there is fun Canaidia. BTW guys I appreciated the Canasian Korean airline stewardess. Next you guys fly NY style.

Milky Situation - hidden away in a remote part of RI. Stand up guy, solid player. Definitely hope to see more of you in the near future.. Maybe ECT

XSmokeX - great guy, very solid smoke. Who just so happen to forget the smoke glitch and did it on accident.. Wink wink. You my friend have an amazing smoke and you and KT should unify to form some kinda super smoke shit. See ya soon hopefully

TakeaChance - one of the canade players of Canada and a true stand up guy. Everyone should follow his "life on Boon St" It is a great show, and not because I am on it ;) because I said to listen.

Stb ripcrowley - great meeting sucks you put me in losers. But, it's the nature of the beast. Maybe a run back at ECT? Hope to see ya there

Zaf and Jer - to die hard Canadian MK player who bring the skills to compete and stand up guys. If not for them I may have past of this trip. There dedication of coming to VSM and Edge II made me make sure to come to this tournament. Thanks

Lolling octopus - the name says it all, funny ass dude who brings the skills as well. Another ECT hopefully ? Great meeting you

PayPal - man that run on the 8vs8 was great even if Baraka could not get it done. Love meeting those silent but deadly players of the community. Great showing

JimmyPotato - quiet grizzly Adams type, yet emits the don't fuck with me attitude, or I will get all mountain man on your ass. Great dude, hopefully we run. Into each other again soon. EVO..

Winterwarz - shoutouts to Canindians of Canadian... Oh wait you a NYer. Thanks for throwing match for USA we appreciated it ;) great as always seeing you with your keyboard and your 4 buttons R. E. S. E. T

Zerohundr3d - dude I promise next time. Feel like shit, not playing casuals. After long as drive I was out of it. But, glad to see you there and hit up ECT as well

Temjiin - quiet my ass. Wild man on the down low. Great meeting you as well and hope to see you at future tournies

Helios - another cool guy I hope to spend more time chilling with at future tournaments

Jwong - for helping the USA power through Canada, always a pleasure.

MKpeanuts - another on who helped us dominate the tournament. Also the prick who knocked me out of the tournament AGAIN!! But brought home the gold in Skullgirls - good shit. See ya ECT

Bluenine - as always cool as a cucumber and solid player as a rock. It is always great seeing you guys. And will I am sure at ECT

Maxter - I told you never take my beer. See that was not a magic elixir. Now you go to 2nd place. But as usual, my drinking partner always performs well. Great job again

Claude Von Stroke - man this guy is a loon is disguise within 10 minutes he was earning his diamond badge and pounding beers. Glad you have choose to be such an intricate part of community and see you at ECT. Btw peeps watch and listen to him weekly on the Whoolay show. Great stuff

Insuperable - you shake like a horny epileptic in a blender the whole time. You OCV almost all of Canada and take top 8. Not bad for such a young'em. In time you will be taking more than your share of top spots

REO - the prodigy what can I say beside you may have won top spot Again, but I not only leave Canaidia handball champ. I almost killed you in the process. Always a pleasure. And since nobody else wants to take you advise I will start Kabalin this week. Specially because I like that cat with a hair ball sound he makes during dash cancels. good luck I. Chicago

Last but not least

Altaire - while people were taking bets on if I was going to hit you, it never crossed my mind. You are a very solid player and you are kinda like a diamond in the rough. I can honestly say that if I had 200 like you, I would be surrounded by 200 chicks, just maybe short 200 dollars. Either way look forward to seeing you at EVO

In closing, I have to say as usual this was a great experience and I feel for those who missed out. Canadian hosts were great fed me Canadian puta poutinni great stuff. This was by far most fun leaving tournament scene and hanging with player in a non gaming environment. I suggest all those Twinkie eating, online, couch hugging players get to this next year or start hitting up your locals. Thanks to all again and see you in da future

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Greatest Tournament Ever. Seriously, dear god. The after party stuff was just insane. jamessmk, you are a true legend man, and anyone who meets you in person knows it.

UP 4 all day.

How much did you pay to get your diamond btw? An Xbox and a Hitbox? :p