What's new

Top Marvel player shows serious interest in "Injustice"?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Filipino champ oh look this game looks cool... 15mins of playing it.... it doesnt play like sf or mash happyy 3 this game is ass.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Mk9 Kl to anti airs spin and standing 2. spin easy to bait and punish for more than 30% combo, standing 2 is ok but gets stuffed most of times specially online.
If these options are getting stuffed, that's due to either poor reactions or weak timing. If your execution is solid, you will anti-air jump punches with Smoke's standing 2 100% of the time. Kicks may stuff AA normals... but they're kicks. That's part of the meta-game. Spin and standing 2 are by no means the only good anti-airs in the game. Almost every character can get a combo punish off either a standing normal or d+1.

Sf4 ryu has about 7 diff anti airs dp, c. fierce punch, standing high kick, standing low kick etc etc, dp has invinsibility which means it never gets stuffed and most well place anti airs never will... unlike mk9 shitty anti airs etc etc etc
I won't deny Ryu has more anti-air options, but what setups can he get after them that doesn't involve meter? At best, he gets low-damage oki setups which often don't go anywhere.

And not every character has a DP. Honda and Rufus stuff what-should-be-solid anti-air normals ALL the time. It's no better than MK9.

As for invincibility, I half agree with you. MK needs more invincible startup frames for the sake of reversals. MK9 sucks when it comes to reversals. MK9's anti-air normals are fine, though. Good players will not miss their punishes.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
If these options are getting stuffed, that's due to either poor reactions or weak timing. If your execution is solid, you will anti-air jump punches with Smoke's standing 2 100% of the time. Kicks may stuff AA normals... but they're kicks. That's part of the meta-game. Spin and standing 2 are by no means the only good anti-airs in the game. Almost every character can get a combo punish off either a standing normal or d+1.
I was only talking about KL.