What's new

Top Marvel player shows serious interest in "Injustice"?

ecilA

Noob
What I find funny is that a lot of players from other games come to MK and the moment they lose to an "MK player" they quit with the logic of "an MK player should not be able to beat me" even though we actually invest more time. For a lot of these guys coming from other games, they want to be able to play their normal fighters and invest minimal time into our games and feel that they should win for free because they are up against "MK players".

SLy

Noob
When are they using footsies in this? I'm not going to post the Valle Daigo SCR match because I don't want the SF MK complaints. Also, they never use throw once. CD jr. is forced to backdash only because there are no trades, and because he doesn't want Cage on his ass with the MK9 Cage stuff. There's an occasional low poke, but how is that footsies? They're not jockeying for space. Dizzy can apply pressure because there's no DP threat. CD has to run away with Lao, and then he has to switch to Kabal altogether, so he can have some breathing room. I don't see the footsies
That's the thing though. Cage was just out of range for the D4 but I guarantee you if Cage would of got hit with it you would've seen a buffered low hat behind it.

Not Every matchup is about "Jockeying" for space.. Footsies is about protecting your own space. This is not streetfighter where 2 characters struggle to maintain middle ground. Kung Lao has a teleport.. All of that positioning non sense goes out the window..

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
From IPlaywinner:
"Footsies is a term used to refer to the technique of mobilizing yourself around the stage at the optimal range of your pokes/just outside the optimal range of your opponent's pokes. "
JC pressure is brain-dead.
and anti-airs on mk9 are ass.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
As nice as it would be for big names from other games to play this game I wouldn't hold Fchamp to his word. He'll go straight back to Marvel like he does with every new release he pretends to show interest in. Persona anyone?

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
As nice as it would be for big names from other games to play this game I wouldn't hold Fchamp to his word. He'll go straight back to Marvel like he does with every new release he pretends to show interest in. Persona anyone?
Many players are going to do this. It happened for MK9 as well..

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If you want to see an ultimate footsies game, you need to watch the SCR Valle/Daigo like gamemk mentioned It's an incredible match and a textbook example of what high level footsies look like.

MK doesn't have traditional footsies at all, because
1. the block button means the opponent can always instantly see when you're choosing to block.
2. the game has so many crazy moves. When Raiden/Ermac/Scorpion/Sheeva/Lao/Rain can suddenly pull a teleport and they're behind/above/on top of you, it changes the whole dynamic of traditional spacing. So do things like Cyrax bombs, where he's able to throw a full-screen unblockable. Etc.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
The block button doesn't obstruct footsies because a good MK player is going to incorporate the block button into their mobility.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just because MK9 doesn't have traditional footsies doesn't mean it doesn't have footsies. The real problem is most people who play MK9 don't utitlize footies at all or nearly as much as they should.

Unless there is something about Injustice that will warrant his long time commitment, I think we can all agree that he will drop the game within a month. Just like I'm sure a hell of a lot of people will.

I really don't see what the problem will be though because then everyone can go back to bitching about other fans and everything will be back to status quo.

REYTHEGREAT

im sure this game will bring a whole bunch of top SF, Marvel and other games player into this game due to the block button being gone. so prepare for even more competition.

SLy

Noob
im sure this game will bring a whole bunch of top SF, Marvel and other games player into this game due to the block button being gone. so prepare for even more competition.
And by the looks of how the overhead and lows are in this game. Now that blocking is directional you can expect everyones mixup game to get crazy