What's new

Top 5 Overrated/Bill of Goods variations

infamy23

FireBeard
Balanced Kenshi has been overrated ever since bf3 got changed to -9 on block.

There's still a ton of people who think that a projectile being -45 when someone crouches it is not a big deal.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Heavy Weapons Jax: I mean, I think it is every bit as good as Jax's other variations, but when I tell people I main Pumped Up the first thing they tell me is that I should switch to Heavy Weapons. The rocket cancels are nice, because they are cancels, but they are also some of the worst cancels in the game. I mean, having cancels is awesome, but Pumped Up has better zoning and OTG's, while Wrestler has a command grab. They are all equally viable.

I'll post the other 4 later.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Nope lol
And pumped up lost big damage in the corner. The standing reset is useless with insignificant frame advantage
Wrong.

Pumped Up does more meterless damage in the corner than either of Jax's variations, with 43% off his low and 40% off his overhead.

The standing reset is also a thing of beauty in the corner for Pumped Up Jax. Sure, you don't get ridiculous, broken plus frames off of it (nor should you after performing 40+% meterless corner combos), but you are +3 or +4, right where you want to be in your opponent's face, and you don't have to worry about wakeups ruining your day.

It's pretty awesome. If it wasn't, I would have switched to Heavy Weapons already.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Wrong.

Pumped Up does more meterless damage in the corner than either of Jax's variations, with 43% off his low and 40% off his overhead.

The standing reset is also a thing of beauty in the corner for Pumped Up Jax. Sure, you don't get ridiculous, broken plus frames off of it (nor should you after performing 40+% meterless corner combos), but you are +3 or +4, right where you want to be in your opponent's face, and you don't have to worry about wakeups ruining your day.

It's pretty awesome. If it wasn't, I would have switched to Heavy Weapons already.
You can write shorter post like this: That gotcha grab is awesome and much better so I play PU. Check the frame data please. It's punishable on block ONLY in pumped up. Also Jax main power comes from trapping people in the corner. That's why most Jax players choose other two variations over pumped up.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
1. Bojutsu Kj
2. Hollywood Cassie
3. Grandmaster Sz
4. Mileena
5. Kung lao

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. Grandmaster Sub. He's good... but he ain't THAT good like the whiners want you to believe.
2. Buzzsaw Lao - Doritos hat makes this variation an instant fail regardless of the fact that I think his other two variations are better.
3. Relentless Jason - I don't buy it.
4. Kenshi - All variations. Good god does he suck.
5. Heavy Weapons Jax - I like pumped up way better

Special Mention:
Ethereal Mileena. Needs too much meter for it to be worth it.