What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Some people aren't doing a top 5 NRS players of all time list. They are doing the best players from each game. Which players were the most consistent in all 3 games? This, to me, doesn't mean getting top 8 at EVO once or even twice in the span of the 3 games. Getting top 8 at EVO is probably the equivalent of getting top 8 at 2.5 majors. It's worth more than a major but not that much more.

Consistency > EVO

Tweedy

Noob
We should determine if EVO means 2.5 majors, 5 majors, or whatever, when it comes to these pissing contests.

Otherwise we'll just get the same recycled arguments. Pig comparing it to the NFL, King and whoever writing out paragraphs about how consistency is best. Unless you guys like doing that over and over again lol.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Sonic, king, djt, cowboy foxy

Honestly I think you could make an argument that Chris g should at least be considered

damn i tot pig was going to get more votes. He has shown what he can do with a great character. Too bad that he got hampered by Kenshi's unviability in MKX.

We should determine if EVO means 2.5 majors, 5 majors, or whatever, when it comes to these pissing contests.

Otherwise we'll just get the same recycled arguments. Pig comparing it to the NFL, King and whoever writing out paragraphs about how consistency is best. Unless you guys like doing that over and over again lol.
Same cycle, over and over. People need their egos stroked, go play, get a placement (good or bad), need ego stroked, rinse repeat. Make the rules up as we go along and if you question it you're a "nobody" who has no voice until you "get on my level."

Children attempting to adult.

Wigy

There it is...
Is pig really good? He only seemed to have a top 5 contendening performance when using ridiculous stupid characters.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Is pig really good? He only seemed to have a top 5 contendening performance when using ridiculous stupid characters.
Stupid character or not, placements are placements. Lets not act like reo djt sonic and the rest used "honest" or "fair" characters. Yes, pig is good. Everyone has acess to the same characters, only a few are actually good enough to get results.

Tweedy

Noob
Stupid character or not, placements are placements. Lets not act like reo djt sonic and the rest used "honest" or "fair" characters. Yes, pig is good. Everyone has acess to the same characters, only a few are actually good enough to get results.
Yeah when I went offline and did well with Alien, it was "oh well you just use Alien".

But......

I played Demos, Takedas, Aliens, and obscure counterpicks. :(

It's the same case with pretty much any example ever. No one places at legit tournaments by beating low tiers.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
damn i tot pig was going to get more votes. He has shown what he can do with a great character. Too bad that he got hampered by Kenshi's unviability in MKX.
People are very forgetful and most of it is a product of what has happened lately as many people here today were not around then

Also people from then don't come to TYM very much anymore because of users allowed to post like Wigy. We have a private forum elsewhere

Pig Of The Hut

Well REO used Kabal, Sonic used Batgirl, DJT won EVO with Cyrax, etc. You could basically use that argument against almost all of the top guys.
Exactly. Also, pig still did well in mkx with kenshi BEFORE he was buffed.
Irrelevant, 100% irrelevant. Characters were tournament legal, all that matters.
Yeah when I went offline and did well with Alien, it was "oh well you just use Alien".

But......

I played Demos, Takedas, Aliens, and obscure counterpicks. :(

It's the same case with pretty much any example ever. No one places at legit tournaments by beating low tiers.
Don't mind wigy

He's missing a Chromosome

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Also people from then don't come to TYM very much anymore because of users allowed to post like Wigy. We have a private forum elsewhere
While I do agree with pretty much everything you've been saying except for this, I think this mentality is a bit childish and only contributes to the problem instead of remedying it.

Like if the top players stayed around here and helped regulate the ballshit, the idiots would eventually get bored or exposed and leave anyway.

But when the top players leave there's less people to regulate the ballshit and the place becomes turd-ridden. Resulting in good players who just wanna learn leaving the community cause they don't know how to properly communicate with actual top players. It's really counter productive and doesn't help the community imo, especially for people outside the U.S who can't actually get to majors and such.

Threads like this make me love tym cause we get to hear opinions of the top players again. Shame it only happens once in a blue moon.

Pig Of The Hut

While I do agree with pretty much everything you've been saying except for this, I think this mentality is a bit childish and only contributes to the problem instead of remedying it.

Like if the top players stayed around here and helped regulate the ballshit, the idiots would eventually get bored or exposed and leave anyway.

But when the top players leave there's less people to regulate the ballshit and the place becomes turd-ridden. Resulting in good players who just wanna learn leaving the community cause they don't know how to properly communicate with actual top players. It's really counter productive and doesn't help the community imo, especially for people outside the U.S who can't actually get to majors and such.

Threads like this make me love tym cause we get to hear opinions of the top players again. Shame it only happens once in a blue moon.
Nope

Look at srk: no top players post, there's a reason. 99% of people posting are aids. Also ask many people and they will tell you NAZI mods stopping top players from regulating ended that dream years ago.