What's new

Question Top 10 players. where do we stand post Dallas?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
1. REO - I believe he is the best Mortal Kombat player simply due to the fact that he is incredibly consistent and can break down every single aspect of the metagame. His Kabal is bar none, his execution is gdlk, and his MU knowledge is top notch--you will never see this guy complaining about not knowing a MU. I don't care what anyone says about his character, his trolling, or if his consistency makes him one of the favorites to lose early, REO is the best, and I root for him.

2. CD jr - Next to REO, he is the most consistent, and has the benefit of having two gdlk brothers to level him up. While I do not think he is a better MK player than REO, I do think he is a better pound-for-pound fighting game player. His counterpoking and fundamentals were way above everyone else's for many months. Wasn't until after he dropped Jax after Anaheim that he reached a bumpy road, but even then, he managed to make 2nd at EVO with a character he didn't have that much experience with, proving that he's just fundamentally more skilled than the majority of, or possibly every, other player in this community.

3. Maxter - Seriously, the only people this guy cannot beat in a tournament are his brother and REO. He is insanely good, and I wish he won a major already. Very few players can play multiple characters at an equally high level--Maxter is one of them, and he takes his Cyrax, Cage, Kitana, etc to Top 8 in almost every single major.

4. PerfectLegend - The only reason I do not feel PL is the best, or second best, or even third best player is simply because he lacks a scene. I think PL could EASILY be the best Mortal Kombat player if he just had the necessary MU knowledge, but he's not very consistent. I feel he wins because his opponents are overwhelmed by his fast playstyle, but once they find those "holes" Kung Lao has that he was explaining at that Dallas interview, they can find a way around that. And frankly, several top players have, and have defeated him, whether by exploiting his lack of MU experience or not. In the end, it doesn't really matter because, like it or not, he is the 2 time EVO champion.

5. Pig of the Hut - Pig of the Hut is probably the most passionate player in the scene. When this guy does not know a MU, he will grind the FUCK out of it with MULTIPLE players until he gets an idea around it. Despite using a supposedly "broken" character, he is the ONLY person to ever bring him to Top 8 consistently. He also has the most successful Mileena in the scene.

6-10, I dunno any particular order, but I would probably put Dizzy, 16 Bit, CD, and the Vegas brothers.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Cat get out of here. This is a TOP 10 LIST not a list everyone you played at Dallas. I want a list. I want guys cut. I want feelings hurt.
I didn't play a ton of those. Like pl. you. Dizzy. Detroit. Denzel. Etc.

Alright then top 10 in order

1.reo
2.cdjr
3.CD
4.maxter
5.Dizzy
6.pig of the hut
7. MIT
8.Denzell
9. 16.bit
10. Myself :p

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
1. REO
2. Maxter
3. Dizzy
4. Pig of the Hut
5. 16 Bit
6. Crazy Dominican
7. DAB -- truly think he would be top 4 had he not fucked around vs. Dizzy
8. DJT
9. Scar
10. MIT

CDjr can come back to the top 10 when he stops sandbagging himself and playing characters that don't work for him

x_0

Noob
1. 16-bit's beard
2. Maxter's hood
3. Detroit's absence
4. Pig's shades
5. Arturo's rapeface
6. Dizzy's music source
7. CDjr's fake yawns
8. DJT&MIT's "Burning"
9. Brady's "broken" controller
10. PL's new Top 5 list

I would defly add the "dance of contempt" of the Kenshi player from the Team Battles, but to my own shame I forgot what his name was x_.'

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
1. 16-bit's beard
2. Maxter's hood
3. Detroit's absence
4. Pig's shades
5. Arturo's rapeface
6. Dizzy's music source
7. CDjr's fake yawns
8. DJT&MIT's "Burning"
9. Brady's "broken" controller
10. PL's new Top 5 list

I would defly add the "dance of contempt" of the Kenshi player from the Team Battles, but to my own shame I forgot what his name was x_.'
Lmao

this was hysterical

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Here is my list. I felt a requirement was to have placed top 8 a minimum of twice at a MLG, Final Round or EVO 2012. These players have all beaten each other and many other top players.

1. REO
2. Perfect Legend
3. Maxter
4. CD Jr
5. Pig of the Hut
6. Detroit
7. Dizzy
8. DJT
9. MIT
10. Tyrant

I feel CD sr was the toughest cut here. Had a strong early 2012 and just made a big comeback at Dallas but I can't put him over the guys that have consistently placed more recently.

1. Reo
2. Perfect Legend
3. Pig of the hut
4. Dizzy
5. Maxter
6. 16 bit
7. Cd Jr
8. detroit
9/10. Denzell/Mit

Lmao

this was hysterical
Pig, how did denzell's kung lao land that many 24 overheads on mileena, there is no way kung lao should be able to just land 24 even if you just whiffed a d4. also he shouldnt have been able to cross mileena up that easily.

Gimmick

Noob
1. REO - Undisputed number 1 mk player of all time
2. CD jr - close second
3. Maxter - probably one of the most consistent placers in MK9 history
4. Pig Of The Hut - always places 2nd, 3rd, and so on, but never 1st :(
5. GGA Dizzy - LBSH if dizzy's character didnt have 3-7 or 2-8 MU's he would've won Dallas
6. Perfect Legend - 2 Time Evo Diva Champ
7. GGA 16 Bit - Keeps improving and seems to always impress with his tourney placings
8. Denzell - It's pretty much a guarantee that if the Terry bros are at a tourney, they're placing top 8
9. MITDJT - same as above
10. CRAZY DOMINICAN - Super talented and godfather of all Kitanas. Also very consistent.

#10 - was very hard to chose. I believed it was either CD or Detroit, but considering this is a power ranking, i had to think who's the strongest with the most recent tournament performances, and that's where Detroit gets cut. Detroit could very well be a top 3 player, but we havent seen him place top 8 since MLG Anaheim and that seems like ages ago.

coolwhip

Noob
1-Reo
2-Perfect Legend
3-CD Jr
4-Pig of the Hut
5-Detroit Balln
6-Maxter
7-Dizzy
8-16 Bit
9-Denzel
10-Tyrant

Just missing out: CD Sr and MIT (though they could easily be in there). In fact I think they can occupy the 9th and 10th spot (if not higher) alongside Denzel and Tyrant.

I feel some of the lists above that have people like PL and Detroit outside of the top 5 are REALLY prisoner of the moments. It's somewhat understandable in Detroit's case given that he hasn't attended the last two majors, but PL just placed second at Season's Beatings a few weeks ago, and is the reigning EVO champion...LBSH.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It's always difficult to make a top 10 list. With that being said, I strongly believe every player below my top 4 can be anywhere on the list. I'm breaking the rules and listing a top 4. idc.

1. REO
2. Perfect Legend
3. Maxter
4. CDjr

The rest of the spots are up for grabs. I will say however, that Dizzy is quickly becoming a top 3 player. Everyone should take a step back and really watch his footsie play and timing. I'm pretty sure he would be a badass at SF if he put in the time.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
1. Reo.
2. PL.
3. Maxter.
4. Dizzy.
5. Junior.
6. Bit.
7. Piggy.
8. Tyrant.
9. Detroit.
10. A deadlocked tie between Foxy and m2dave.

REO

Undead
I think it's clear that REO is undeniably the best MK9 player, maybe even best MK player in general. He's placed top 8 and top 3 more than any other player, won back to back MLG's, is THE most consistent player only missing top 8 twice in his entire career, and has the mentality you need to be the best.

With that said, I'm gonna body him at NEC in every MK game. #holddat
I try not to toot my own horn (cause when I do it comes back to bite me in the ass), BUT I've only been out of top three twice. There is no other MK player that has been out of the top three two times or less like me. And considering the fact that I have been traveling for MK9 since week one with majors like Power Up 2011, it's pretty crazy if you think about it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I try not to toot my own horn (cause when I do it comes back to bite me in the ass), BUT I've only been out of top three twice. There is no other MK player that has been out of the top three two times or less like me. And considering the fact that I have been traveling for MK9 since week one with majors like Power Up 2011, it's pretty crazy if you think about it.
This will never be topped by anyone else in the community.

If there are ever record book type things... this is one of them.

Congrats.