What's new

Tom Brady's New Bradycasts

NKZero

Noob
Just watched the two videos, good stuff.

I agree with Tom 100%. People should play the characters they enjoy the most, regardless of tier placing, not who is supposedly the best. I play a few characters, but hands down my most enjoyable character is CSZ. Now CSZ we know has some bad match ups, especially against Kitanas and Sindels. I also play a semi reasonable Kano, Baraka and Quan. For awhile I thought I needed a powerful main. Tried Raiden, just felt boring. Been trying to main Sonya, but I just don't click with her either. Skarlet is kinda fun, but im not sure I want to invest that much work into her. I find no enjoyment with Kabal or Cage either.

So yeah, I would say my characters of choice are CSZ and Kano, with Baraka and Quan as back up. People say they aren't that good, but so what. I think if people played the characters they enjoyed the most, and forgot about who they think they should be playing instead, they would probably do a lot better.
exactly mate it's like Wenger loves little boys so much so he should be investing more time in them rather than picking world class players. thats why Arsenal have won fuck all :p

haha i was kidding i honestly support your point. you put greater effort into a character you genuinely love and thus as you said, you'll perform better.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Just watched the two videos, good stuff.

I agree with Tom 100%. People should play the characters they enjoy the most, regardless of tier placing, not who is supposedly the best. I play a few characters, but hands down my most enjoyable character is CSZ. Now CSZ we know has some bad match ups, especially against Kitanas and Sindels. I also play a semi reasonable Kano, Baraka and Quan. For awhile I thought I needed a powerful main. Tried Raiden, just felt boring. Been trying to main Sonya, but I just don't click with her either. Skarlet is kinda fun, but im not sure I want to invest that much work into her. I find no enjoyment with Kabal or Cage either.

So yeah, I would say my characters of choice are CSZ and Kano, with Baraka and Quan as back up. People say they aren't that good, but so what. I think if people played the characters they enjoyed the most, and forgot about who they think they should be playing instead, they would probably do a lot better.
Kitana is terrible for both Sub-Zero's lol. I hate Sub vs kung Lao and Kitana but Smoke is also terrible online (emphasis on online) because of the fact random smoke bombs blow you up even when you try to jump or dash block.

Flagg

Noob
exactly mate it's like Wenger loves little boys so much so he should be investing more time in them rather than picking world class players. thats why Arsenal have won fuck all :p

haha i was kidding i honestly support your point. you put greater effort into a character you genuinely love and thus as you said, you'll perform better.
Agreed you will definitely invest more time into a character you like, thus getting more out of them.

And Arsenal have pretty much signed Podolski who should be above the legal limit!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tom Brady

Noone leaves the Lin Kuei,welcome home brother.

Your next contract is to train our warriors to be as efficient as you.

Failure is not an option,we are counting on you.

Be stealthful as the night,and deadly as the dawn.

Kitana is terrible for both Sub-Zero's lol. I hate Sub vs kung Lao and Kitana but Smoke is also terrible online (emphasis on online) because of the fact random smoke bombs blow you up even when you try to jump or dash block.

kitana is no where near as bad as you think vs sub. after the last patch, i did find stuff that makes the match very winnable but she does have the adv and does win the match 6/4 or 6.5/3.5.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
kitana is no where near as bad as you think vs sub. after the last patch, i did find stuff that makes the match very winnable but she does have the adv and does win the match 6/4 or 6.5/3.5.
I need to learn how to deal with her better. I find that once I get a knockdown from a timed slide, I have a good shot at winning the round, but there are just too many rounds where she gets a lifelead and I don't see her again for the rest of the fight...

I need to learn how to deal with her better. I find that once I get a knockdown from a timed slide, I have a good shot at winning the round, but there are just too many rounds where she gets a lifelead and I don't see her again for the rest of the fight...
i'll be at VSM tonight so if you guys request it on the stream chat, maybe they'll let me vs CD do a kitana vs sub set on stream. I have yet to put my new kitana strats to the test so for right now its still in theory mode. looking forward to seeing how it works when i test it.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
i'll be at VSM tonight so if you guys request it on the stream chat, maybe they'll let me vs CD do a kitana vs sub set on stream. I have yet to put my new kitana strats to the test so for right now its still in theory mode. looking forward to seeing how it works when i test it.
Awesome, I'll be watching the stream and will be sure to request it. :)

Noob and subzero suit you, noob is a very good second that suits you. When you gouht noobe at fr, I realised how much I enjoyed wtaching your sub. keep doing what youre best at.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If YOU could choose a buff for sub,what would it be? (even though it won't happen).

given any thought on our underused strings? 1 f3 and the others must have some use seeing as sub is a char that has to use every tool he has,i just know there's some potential with those strings.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I couldn't stay away either man he's just too awesome. Are you gonna be coming back here to Dallas or are ya staying up on the east coast for a while?
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Albo

Noob
Tom will never leave the Lin Kuei. It's good the Raiden delusion is over.

Dammit ,:( my freshly made sig has now been made redundant. I was really hoping you'd stick with raiden and develop the character to your playstyle but at the same time i'm glad you've returned to the the character you love and enjoy playing.....again. Good stuff as always tom. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in action with this new attitude and approach of yours to playing.

Nice to see you repping Sub again Tom. Sub is my fave to play as well. I mean how can anyone not love freezing an opponent and going to work on them!? Feels great having someone jump or walk in to a clone and punishing. I think its the best special in the game along with Ermac's TKP.

Tom as you continue to push SZ to the limit, please find a use for ice puddle. :eek:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I said from the start, when you switched to Raiden, that you are 100% better off sticking to your origins in Sub.

Just play who you love. That's been my philosophy for a very long time. You tend to play even better when you do that, because at that point, you're having fun. Sure it means you have to fight through your bad matchups...why do you think I want to play guys like Death, Morty, Riu, Foxy, and Pig?

If YOU could choose a buff for sub,what would it be? (even though it won't happen).

given any thought on our underused strings? 1 f3 and the others must have some use seeing as sub is a char that has to use every tool he has,i just know there's some potential with those strings.

Talks about the buffs/fixes in the video. 3:18

i would take one of the following:

1. sub-zero's slide be a REAL high crush:
how dumb is it that characters cant duck sheeva's mid fireball but sub can EASILY slide it on reaction. then mileenas/kitanas ground projectiles that everyone can duck, sub cannot slide lol. nothing broken like it high crushing on start up, maybe on frame 4 so it still takes some reaction vs the fast projectiles.

2. :ex freeze buff:
ok.. maybe not armor on :ex freeze, but al least allow whatever is already on screen of the ice beam to continue. its dumb to have the beam be 1 pixel away from making contact, only to be hit by a projectile and have the beam vanish not even giving sub-zero a trade. also, if I freeze an airborne opponent with :ex freeze, let me have the damn extended freeze time. i'm using a bar of meter and the :ex freeze is inferior to the normal freeze vs airborne opponents.

3. 2 hits true mid, like cages F+3:
no more d+4's vs sub for those low hit box characters! now 2 will be a mid vs every character, which the move was designed to be a mid in the first place!!! just let it be a mid vs all the characters lol, the move hits MID!! let it function as originally designed.. MID!!

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I'm glad to hear your going back to Sub-Zero the Raiden phase was just painful to watch. At Final Round you pulled off a 41% damage combo with Sub-Zero I wanted to ask you was that a glitch or some secret Sub-Zero tech you holding onto? G'luck at future tournaments and Imo your Sub-Zero is the best I've seen. You should find another character that covers some of the really tough match-ups that Sub has and use him when Sub can't get the job done. I still say Kenshi but I'm just throwing that out there.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

how dumb is it that characters cant duck sheeva's mid fireball but sub can EASILY slide it on reaction. then mileenas/kitanas ground projectiles that everyone can duck, sub cannot slide lol. nothing broken like it high crushing on start up, maybe on frame 4 so it still takes some reaction vs the fast projectiles.

ok.. maybe not armor on :ex freeze, but al least allow whatever is already on screen of the ice beam to continue. its dumb to have the beam be 1 pixel away from making contact, only to be hit by a projectile and have the beam vanish not even giving sub-zero a trade. also, if I freeze an airborne opponent with :ex freeze, let me have the damn extended freeze time. i'm using a bar of meter and the :ex freeze is inferior to the normal freeze vs airborne opponents.

no more d+4's vs sub for those low hit box characters! now 2 will be a mid vs every character, which the move was designed to be a mid in the first place!!! just let it be a mid vs all the characters lol, the move hits MID!! let it function as originally designed.. MID!!
Those are all good but 3 is probably the most important to me.

You should find another character that covers some of the really tough match-ups that Sub has and use him when Sub can't get the job done. I still say Kenshi but I'm just throwing that out there.
nah, i hate how he walks LOL..

kenshi shouldnt even have a reflect.. how can he even see the projectile to reflect it? the force? then i say get rid of the sword and give him a light saber! no light saber = he cant use the force which = he cant sense the projectile to reflect it!!

what it really is.. i like :x 's and sub needs his. no one else really has an :x thats good as a punisher, good to just throw out as a naked :x, and still awesome damage in combos.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

give me that slide.