What's new

Strategy Toasty Boost - List of Moves that make Forden pop up

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Obviously, the universal uppercut causes Dan Forden to come out and play. The question is, what other moves make this happen?

The point of this thread is to make a one-stop list of all moves with all characters that give the possibility of a Toasty Boost.

UPDATE: It seems to be popups which makes sense so you can continue your combo after you get the TB. Also, any move with ?? by it in italics has not been confirmed to bring out Dan Forden.

ALL
Uppercut
Breaker??

Baraka

Cyber Sub-Zero

Cyrax

Ermac

Freddy Krueger

Jade
b2
u3??

Jax

Johnny Cage

Kabal
The last hit of b121

Kano

Kenshi

Kitana
f21??

Kung Lao
EX Spin??

Liu Kang
DS 1??

Mileena
Roll??

Nightwolf

Noob Saibot
EX Teleport Slam (du+block)
EX Slide??

Quan Chi
b21??

Raiden

Rain

Reptile
EX Acid Hand (db2+block)

Scorpion

Sektor
Telecut (df4)

Shang Tsung

Sheeva
b2, 1+2??

Sindel
u4
Normal Cartwheel??

Skarlet

Smoke

Sonya Blade
MS b2??

Stryker
EX Gun Shot (bf1+block)

Sub-Zero

Kratos

Check Rip Torn JAP

Kabal's is likely the last input that causes it.

TylerLantern confirmed ex DB2 for reptile.

I was thinking Sheeva's B2 1+2 does as well, but wont confirm it yet.

Sonya's MS b2 may be as well

Sindel Up4 confirmed

Sektor telecut confirmed

Did i hear someone mention Quan's B21 does?

Noob Saibot ex~db3? If rep's ex db2 works, then this probably does too.

Liu's DS 1 might work.

Did i hear that Mileena's roll works too?

I've overheard KL's spin works.

Ermac B12f1???

That is all that comes to mind, Kelly.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ive been playin noob a long time i dont think his upknee makes forden appear ex or otherwise :(

gdf

Noob
I...don't think spin brings out Dan Forden. If that was the Perfect Legend would have had tons of toastys in his matches.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This may sound odd... but i would check all of the moves that make the background Shao Khan and Goro "yell" at you from their thrones. This typically happens on an AA move. Maybe they have the same properties to make Forden pop out.
Just tested this. Gofo yells on kabals 3rd hit of b121 and uppercut every single time and also every time I do a f4 1+2 he adjusts his seating on the overhead.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Goro also adjusts his seating after all neutral jump punches, jump in kicks, and neutral jump kicks connect. Never seen a toasty from these before though

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Dude just has bad gas.
Actually he adjusts his seating every time your opponent bounces off the ground mid combo or on a dropped combo when they hit the floor.

Like if you combo after a cartwheel with sonya and do b21f2 in your combo, then your opponent bounces off the floor in the 2nd hit of that string and goro adjusts his throne or farts or whatever.

Actually he adjusts his seating every time your opponent bounces off the ground mid combo or on a dropped combo when they hit the floor.

Like if you combo after a cartwheel with sonya and do b21f2 in your combo, then your opponent bounces off the floor in the 2nd hit of that string and goro adjusts his throne or farts or whatever.
b21f2 is looking very possible. (whatever that string is)