What's new

To the haters and the supporters...

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Well done Cowboy on the win but I want you to be more of a cocky prick & rub the win in every1s faces! You deserve to fella.

As for Burger King, You just got knocked the fuck out!

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
His fights are only not hype if he's fighting somebody like pacman who doesn't understand how to cut off the ring, his fights with de la hoya and mosley were good, along with some of the others against legit technicians. Floyd just eats brawlers for lunch, it's a terrible stylistic matchup
I hear you, I just don't find Floyd's fighting style to be very exciting generally. It is coldly efficient and effective, just not that eyebrow raising imo

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No matter how this set went, I would have considered it the greatest money match MK has ever seen due to how down to the wire it went.

However, it still blows my mind how anyone could have doubted Wound in the first place. It's almost like everyone just forgot how insanely strong he was in MK9 AND Injustice. Not to mention that he'd only just taken a Major beforehand which had all the best players in the US present.

I will admit that I had my concerns when I saw how hard Shinnok had been nerfed, but I knew it wouldn't be a problem the second I saw how on point Cowboy was with the MB Scoop conversions. He clearly understands Bone Shaper better than anyone else right now and did his homework before the set even started.

Now let's stop pretending like things are 100% set in stone. People said sonicfox would be 100% unbeatable, but he's yet to actually take a major since EVO (no offence of course, he is a prodigy in every sense of the word.) People also said that Wound would get bopped because King won the last two majors. Nobody has an open mind for different outcomes and that needs to change!
Ketchup I'm BEGGING you: please convince your brother to play a FT10 against WoundCowboy for the best Shinnok. that would be the hypest thing for the Shinnok community ever in the history of everything, and Cowboy vs Burger already was hella hype.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
In a set that close I don't think you should have the bragging rights and if King won neither should he.fair enough a bets a bet winner gets the money but up until the 9-9 mark you two went completely even and in that situation it's completely anyone's set. Based off of that 1 game at the end you won you are now bigging yourself up and trying to shame the haters who probably said what they did because of how arrogant you act...yes you beat him BUT by the skin of your teeth so now tell everyone the extent of how wrong they were...

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In a set that close I don't think you should have the bragging rights and if King won neither should he.fair enough a bets a bet winner gets the money but up until the 9-9 mark you two went completely even and in that situation it's completely anyone's set. Based off of that 1 game at the end you won you are now bigging yourself up and trying to shame the haters who probably said what they did because of how arrogant you act...
he didn't disrespect BurgerKing man, he actually said that he was better than he thought just after the match. he is blowing up people that told him that he was going to be free, and he totally deserved it.

Agilaz

It has begun
In a set that close I don't think you should have the bragging rights and if King won neither should he.fair enough a bets a bet winner gets the money but up until the 9-9 mark you two went completely even and in that situation it's completely anyone's set. Based off of that 1 game at the end you won you are now bigging yourself up and trying to shame the haters who probably said what they did because of how arrogant you act...yes you beat him BUT by the skin of your teeth so now tell everyone the extent of how wrong they were...

Except you're overlooking character selection. WC stuck with Shinnok at all times, only changing variations the first match. Burger King counterpicked and STILL lost. If you're gonna talk about how close the score was, then character selection matters as well. Can't go being all picky about the criteria you want to use.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
He did say that king is better than he said at first. And if people say that he was going to lose 10-0, then he'd blew them up even by losing 10-9. And don't forget about the bad matchups and counterpicks, Shinnok got nerfed, while pred and lao are still top tiers
sorry i missed this.

yeah if he beat him in a tournament grand finals or something than yeah id say the pop off was warranted on a close match. But this is just an exhibition in which he won by a round. he could have made king look even more foolish for talking and that trash and then being the better sport. But instead, he decides to go on the same route and act even douchey than king did lol. All im saying

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
sorry i missed this.

yeah if he beat him in a tournament grand finals or something than yeah id say the pop off was warranted on a close match. But this is just an exhibition in which he won by a round. he could have made king look even more foolish for talking and that trash and then being the better sport. But instead, he decides to go on the same route and act even douchey than king did lol. All im saying
once again: he said that King was better than he thought in the interview just after the match. as far as I know, they didn't talk trash to each other ever since the match. the people Cowboy is blowing up now are those that said he was going to be free, now: he could be more calm and use milder terms, but he deserves to blow those guys up for disrespecting him.

honestly I think that most people misunderstood the point of this thread, you being one of them.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
His fights are only not hype if he's fighting somebody like pacman who doesn't understand how to cut off the ring, his fights with de la hoya and mosley were good, along with some of the others against legit technicians. Floyd just eats brawlers for lunch, it's a terrible stylistic matchup
What? Another boxing fan on TYM? This is hype! There were only 3 that I knew of. Who else!?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Huge boxing fan. Ex-boxer and mixed martial artist as well.

I love watching Floyd, even when the fight isn't a giant pool of action, just watching him work is pretty incredible from an artistic stand point.

FYI, I hate him as a human. But as a boxer? My gerd.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
It is worthy when King predicted that I would lose 3-10. If these people didn't respect me based on what I have done in past games and at EGL, then they never will. I don't want approval, just respect.
Who the fuck needs respect when you get the win. Fuck respect...that shit don't pay bills.

JDM

Noob
No doubt, I thought king would win. I gotta give you props though good stuff. I was shocked lol.

Didn't think A nerfed Shinnok would be able to beat predator. Especially not THE predator with probably the most Shinnok XP in the world. Good stuff man.