What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Time to go to the lab with Cryo and Unbrekable

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
43% for one bar off of a raw overhead??? Ahahahaha! Yeah, this can't possibly last.
Ermac more or less gets this meterless from his overhead in Master of Souls.... for 1 bar this hardly sounds unreasonable.

Besides, NRS themselves said that these buffs were geared towards making Cryomancer, his offensive variation..... more offensive. Go figure? lol.

Lokheit

Noob
Can't test right now but before the patch you could do a 46% combo with 2 bars (B12,ExHammer,B2,B12,ExHammer,F42Grab). This string should now be longer for some fun even if you won't use 2-3 bars in a combo too often.

Gruzilla

From the slums of Shaolin, Liu Kang strikes again
So for anyone here's a midscreen combo I found with cryo
Jip,f42grab,exhammer,njp,jip xxf42grab,slide 39%

And one with unbreakable
Midscreen
Jip,b21,ex aura,b21,iceball,jip,242 xx123,slide 33%

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob

And one with unbreakable
Midscreen
Jip,b21,ex aura,b21,iceball,jip,242 xx213,slide 33%
Could you try the first combo replacing the NJP+JIP with a back2+run (back 2 only scales damage to 90%, NJP+JIP scales it to 0.646 which is crap) and finish it with regular hammer instead of slide (hammer deals 12% damage and can connect)? Can't test it now but I think it will go pass the 40 mark.

Also you should be able to use B2 after the JIP (though then you won't be able to get another one later in the combo).

If someone can I'm interestes in knowing if F122 seems to work better or still randomly throws the opponent in the opposite direction after the following B2.

Can't wait to test now. Even 111 looks like MK9 22, being able to cancel into iceball, overhead or low now from a 7 frames 10 damage safe starter.

The hammer being faster and safe with all that reach and push on block is pure love for our footsies as a checking tool.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt

And one with unbreakable
Midscreen
Jip,b21,ex aura,b21,iceball,jip,242 xx213,slide 33%
This is literally anywhere on the screen. If move list says correctly ending in frost hammer give you an extra 3 frames over slides 30. God-Zero.

And yes twice now after f122, b2 the character falls behind you.
In the corner however you easily confirm the following:

f122, b2, f42grabxxxxxxEx Ice Ball f42grabxxxxHammerTime. 40%

Last edited:

Gruzilla

I have to say I usually play GM so I don't know much about Cryo
This is literally anywhere on the screen. If move list says correctly ending in frost hammer give you an extra 3 frames over slides 30. God-Zero.

Lokheit

Noob
The only thing this patch needs now is if they sneaked new brutalities including a hammer one for the lulz.

Lokheit

Noob
Today is a good day.
As a Cryo main since day one, now I feel that getting good skills while the character wasn't good will only help me destroy my opponents with this new version of Cryomancer :D

Finally Icearms Sub-Zero is good!!

Btw, I think regular hammer should connect now from B33, F33 and 12, allowing for meterless low/OH mixups (probably with gaps).

VaderFett

Cry-o me a river!
I kinda dropped him for awhile to try other characters, but I might pick him up again occasionally. They could've done better, but they did alright. There's still many months ahead for more patches and fixes down the line.

Gruzilla

As a Cryo main since day one, now I feel that getting good skills while the character wasn't good will only help me destroy my opponents with this new version of Cryomancer :D

Btw, I think regular hammer should connect now from B33, F33 and 12, allowing for meterless low/OH mixups (probably with gaps).
12,hammer connects

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7

Indeed. Unbreakable sounds really strong too

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
as much as i love cryo im not downplaying but i wanna ask those who have the patch, is cold blooded plus on hit now?

I mean, before we got 41% for onr bar

And now we get 41% for one bar also

except that we are doing it differently

All of this is based on what i have read, so what has changed apart from air hammer being less negative ?

trust me, im so pumped for cryo but can someone enlighten me on how sub's game changed for the better since your basically getting the same damage but in another way?

Lokheit

Noob
I kinda dropped him for awhile to try other characters, but I might pick him up again occasionally. They could've done better, but they did alright. There's still many months ahead for more patches and fixes down the line.
You don't drop Cryomancer, you only drop the hammer. On someone's face.

Speaking of which, now that it's safe on block (although as slow as always) I wonder if after knocking someone down with the regular hammer amd all that ftame advantage, you could airdrop the air hammer to prevent a wakeup. It hits 2 times so well timed it should break the armor of certain slow armor wakeups, preventing them while on block you won't be punished now. I don't think it works on all but worth trying with some.

Lokheit

Noob
as much as i love cryo im not downplaying but i wanna ask those who have the patch, is cold blooded plus on hit now?

I mean, before we got 41% for onr bar

And now we get 41% for one bar also

except that we are doing it differently

All of this is based on what i have read, so what has changed apart from air hammer being less negative ?

trust me, im so pumped for cryo but can someone enlighten me on how sub's game changed for the better since your basically getting the same damage but in another way?
- Regular hammer can now connect from most of his strings (so they always have to fear OH and lows from your string cancels) and is more reliable as a space controler for footsies check.

- You probably can touch the late 40s with 1 bar. Already some people saying 48% That 41% one was starting with a f42 instead of a B2.

- 111 is now a 10 damage 7 frames safe starter that can connect into every move including iceball and hammer. Welcome back MK9 22 string.

- Need to check the viability of air hammer now that it's safe on block but potentially could mess with slower opponents wakeups as it hits 2 times with a window to break wakeup armor.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
- Regular hammer can now connect from most of his strings (so they always have to fear OH and lows from your string cancels) and is more reliable as a space controler for footsies check.

- You probably can touch the late 40s with 1 bar. Already some people saying 48% That 41% one was starting with a f42 instead of a B2.

- 111 is now a 10 damage 7 frames safe starter that can connect into every move including iceball and hammer. Welcome back MK9 22 string.

- Need to check the viability of air hammer now that it's safe on block but potentially could mess with slower opponents wakeups as it hits 2 times with a window to break wakeup armor.
they have to fear the oh hammer? Come on buddy its what 31 frame start up?
thats double the time of reacting to erron's 16 oh, so i guess its not that big of a deal honestly.

111 seems interesting and im glad cryo is the most damaging so far.

air hammer is ok.

Thanx !

Lokheit

Noob
thats double the time of reacting to erron's 16 oh, so i guess its not that big of a deal honestly.

air hammer is ok.

Thanx !
Not fear the hammer by itself as a clean starter, but now all of your strings can cancel into an OH even if slow. Having the low but punishable slide and the safer but slower hammer makes them doubt which option you would pick after your B12 for example.

And the reach is huge so you can check from far to control your space now that it's much faster and a bit safer.

Just theorycrafting right now but there is potential and is always good to be able to cancel into a 12 damage OH special (this is what keeps the meterless damage of f42grab higher than before after reducing the base damage).

Ryncage

Noob

air hammer is ok.

Thanx !
Wont be able to lab it for a while being on pc, but im guessing with the new frame data, cancles into hammer are only stuffed by the fastest specials/ normals, letting you have way more options to keep the other guy guessing. If someone could post more specific data regarding the gap to clarify would be gr8.