What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Time to go to the lab with Cryo and Unbrekable

Lokheit

Noob
F42Grab now CAN BE CONTINUED, not just "nutpunch", you can keep the combo OMG!! I don't care about the 8% damage nerf, this is huge.

111 can now cancel into Iceball (and I didn't see if it was an overhead, probably not but I'm hyped now, and if it can cancel into Iceball, then I think it can cancel into EX Hammer).

They mentioned the Air Hammer got tweaked, just waiting to see if it's useful again.

Unbreakable got its armor move and can now use the "EX Clone" continue with combos with his EX Aura (not even need to run cancel).

Ice Aura also BUFFS THE DAMAGE OF ICE BOMB so like with GM, the Icebomb does something special here. It removes the aura though. I think this can be combined on combo into aura into string into buffed bomb.

SPREAD THE WORD AND LET'S GO TO THE LAB GUYZZZ!

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I'm starting to imagine something on the lines of B2-RUN-F42grab-B12 (if not fast enough, F4) into Iceball, JIP, B12, regular hammer (it connects from B12 and the regular one deals 12%). (not adding another B2 after freeze because probably gravity will be the same like with Quan Chi trance).

Or for 1 bar. the same start and instead of freeze, EX Hammer (it has better much better gravity than B2 and they showed it in the stream working I think). Edit: I was thinking about F42 again but I don't think you will be able to connect more than 1 or it would be an infinite.

If among the "life quality" fixes they included F122 placing your opponent in the right place for a clean B2 without the confusing random direction change, this is gonna be awesome.

An extra stun is just pure love. Have to check the damage scaling on it, but it's love.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
What did unbreakable get exactly?
The Ice Bomb and fast enough EX Aura that he can start a combo, cancel into it and keep the combo. Like a Run Cancel but without needing the annoying FFBlock (or the damage scaling that comes with Run Cancel) and you can make literally any move safe with it.

Lokheit

Noob
I wonder if the second F42GRAB in the same combo works like the old one (restand at 0 frames) or knocksdown like most stuns the second time they hit.

To be honest making it a nutpunch with such a slow overhead wouldn't have been too good, making it a stun even at the cost of damage is awesome :D

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Cryo is now a legit offensive powerhouse, being able to 2n1 cancel f421+3 is absolutely huge. I a really impressed with the improved ex aura in unbreakable and its a godsend to have his ice burst special move now.

Lokheit

Noob
Cryo is now a legit offensive powerhouse, being able to 2n1 cancel f421+3 is absolutely huge. I a really impressed with the improved ex aura in unbreakable and its a godsend to have his ice burst special move now.
They gave many "aura-like" moves the ability to keep combos for meter. Reptile invisibility now can work during combos and you get an inmediate invisible 50/50.

Marvaz

come at me
Dammmmnnnn. I might try out unbreakable now. Ive had a decent cryo but this just makes my day. Cryo is going to be fkn good so is unbreakable. Gm is still going to be my main though since clone got fixed i believe that's the only thing they did with gm?

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
When is the patch for ps4???
They said either later today of some time before tomorrow.

I dread the timing of the PC patch to be honest, I can't have all this hype and know PC will probably be like 1 week late or more... I hope they fixed all those problems and it can be delivered tomorrow.

Lokheit

Noob
Also worth noting, now we can go vortex in Cryo as now you can restand your opponent after the juggles+freezes+tonsofdamage and keep the combo into B12 and instead of cancelling into regular hammer for the knockdown and extra damage, you go B2 or B33. We could do that before, but the damage wasn't worth it, now we have the ability to do that after a 30+% damage combo.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Also worth noting, now we can go vortex in Cryo as now you can restand your opponent after the juggles+freezes+tonsofdamage and keep the combo into B12 and instead of cancelling into regular hammer for the knockdown and extra damage, you go B2 or B33. We could do that before, but the damage wasn't worth it, now we have the ability to do that after a 30+% damage combo.
I have to do EX ice ball to combo off the F42Throw I think, which means it's a 2-bar restand, except when the combo starts off a b2.

I imagine the restands wouldn't be used much anymore, but now we have big damage and you finish the combo with slide, which means big damage + oki.

Lokheit

Noob
I have to do EX ice ball to combo off the F42Throw I think, which means it's a 2-bar restand, except when the combo starts off a b2.

I imagine the restands wouldn't be used much anymore, but now we have big damage and you finish the combo with slide, which means big damage + oki.

We have faster non meter moves than the EX Iceball that can cancel into regular Iceball or Hammer. It looks like a stun, so you should be able to throw normals. I'm pretty sure at the very least you can throw a F4, probably a B12.

Think of it as Inferno Scorpion using his 2 stuns on the same combo.

Braindead

We have faster non meter moves than the EX Iceball that can cancel into regular Iceball or Hammer. It looks like a stun, so you should be able to throw normals.

Think of it as Inferno Scorpion using his 2 stuns on the same combo.
Nah it's a special cancel. You can't cancel the string with another string. It's like Bone Shaper's F22Throw string.

Braindead

But does unbreakable build any meter?
I heard he could get zoned out easily while the other person gets meter, and he gets nothing.
He doesn't care about zoning. No chip bruh.

The opponent building meter can still be a problem though. Let's see if they changed the parry.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm starting to imagine something on the lines of B2-RUN-F42grab-B12 (if not fast enough, F4) into Iceball, JIP, B12, regular hammer (it connects from B12 and the regular one deals 12%). (not adding another B2 after freeze because probably gravity will be the same like with Quan Chi trance).

Or for 1 bar. the same start and instead of freeze, EX Hammer (it has better much better gravity than B2 and they showed it in the stream working I think). Edit: I was thinking about F42 again but I don't think you will be able to connect more than 1 or it would be an infinite.

If among the "life quality" fixes they included F122 placing your opponent in the right place for a clean B2 without the confusing random direction change, this is gonna be awesome.

An extra stun is just pure love. Have to check the damage scaling on it, but it's love.
Optimally, you would want to end the combo with F12 for the advantage, giving you a semi guaranteed 50/50.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I thought that F421+3 was going to be special cancellable. If you can just keep the combo going with F4 or B12 that will be infinitely better.

Edit: Nvm, read farther down the thread. Worried that Cryo is going to be very meter intensive since you will need 2 bars to restand after the low.

Lokheit

Noob
Nah it's a special cancel. You can't cancel the string with another string. It's like Bone Shaper's F22Throw string.
Ok I'm rewatching it now, it's a cancel, I got a bit hyped there. BUT you can cancel into regular Iceball (they cancel into regular hammer during the stream which is slower and it works... unless that one was buffed to be faster maybe?). So still plenty of potential.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
In fact his F42GRAB string damage nerf is pretty much nullified by the fact that he can cancel into regular hammer for 25% damage instead of 24%, so even if you already used your iceball on that combo, the combo ender is still a bit better.

InFlames

dead
Ok I'm rewatching it now, it's a cancel, I got a bit hyped there. BUT you can cancel into regular Iceball (they cancel into regular hammer during the stream which is slower and it works... unless that one was buffed to be faster maybe?). So still plenty of potential.
wow i didnt realize that. So off a b2 we can get a meterless restand? Im so hype for tomorrow