What's new

The Warrior's Path results for Injustice (stream archive included)

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Because of the lack of tournament coverage in the West Coast aside from the usual Wednesday Night Fights, it is an obligation to include this awesome tournament held today in Santa Clarita, California.

Top 8
1. Emperor Theo (Superman)
2. SatsuiYesHadou (Superman) (Sokal-el was his tournament name)
3. EGP Wonder Chef (Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Zod, Lobo)
4. RDK Tyrant (Superman, Solomon Grundy, Martian Manhunter)
5. MF Slayer (Superman)
5. EGP Krayzie (Catwoman)
7. Batmanic (Batman)
7. SonicBoomBrad (Black Adam, Doomsday)

I'm not 100% on the 7th placers in the top 8 since I was unable to find the brackets online, so any input from anyone who entered the tourney or who has access to the brackets would be much appreciated.

Notable Matches

Top 8 Match
EGP Krayzie (Catwoman) vs. EGP Wonder Chef (Green Lantern) 2-1 EGP Wonder Chef (Hype Match!)

Losers Semis
RDK Tyrant (Martian Manhunter) vs. Satsuiyeshadou (Superman) 2-1 Satsuiyeshadou (Hype Match!)

Winners Finals
EGP Wonderchef (Martian Manhunter) vs. Emperor Theo (Superman) - 3-2 Emperor Theo (Hype Match!)

Losers Finals
EGP Wonderchef (Martian Manhunter, Zod) vs. Satsuiyeshadou (Superman) 3-0 Satsuiyeshadou

Grand Finals
Emperor Theo (Superman) vs. Satsuiyeshadou (Superman) 3-0 Emperor Theo

Much more matches are available in the stream archive

Stream Link
http://www.twitch.tv/themixup/b/450973183
Injustice starts at 01:46:11, we got a lot of stream time.

Special thanks to the runners of this event. The tournament ran amazingly, the stream was awesome, the venue was awesome.

Perhaps a front page to help tournament coverage in the West Coast would be much appreciated.

EMPEROR_THEO

Wish i could have made it. Tournament looked really good

I know chef must be salty about losing to Superman as always
The match vs. me and Wonder Chef was the best match of the night and perhaps the best match that happened in the West Coast so far. We both true mastered each other during our matches and Chef pulled out some demoralizing combos and setups on me.

EMPEROR_THEO

Scumbag SoCal

Oh, you advanced in the bracket at WNF?
It'd be a shame if you had to fight Satsuiyeshadou's Superman.
You actually beat Satsui? It'd be a shame if you had to fight MF Slayer's Superman, as he did place 4th at EVO.
Wow, you beat Slayer? You must be a great player. It would REALLY suck if you had to fight Tyrant's Superman.

GGs you poor soul.

LEGEND

YES!
Scumbag SoCal

You actually beat Satsui? It'd be a shame if you had to fight MF Slayer's Superman, as he did place 4th at EVO.
Wow, you beat Slayer? You must be a great player. It would REALLY suck if you had to fight Tyrant's Superman.
Holy shit you made winners Finals? Now go fight Theo's Superman

GGs you poor soul.
Edited for Further accuracy

EMPEROR_THEO

If we could guarantee to this venue that pretty much all of Socal's players can make it, then I hope that this tournament can convert into a weekly. This could really skyrocket the strength of our scene along with WNF. The benefit of WNF is that its extremely popular and has a much more dynamic scene. This scene starts at a more convenient time though. In a perfect world, one can have both.

EGP Wonder_Chef, thoughts?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
So there was a tournament in Santa Clarita and no one invited the two people that actually live in that area? :(
There was a thread about this a month ago, and not a peep about it since then. I woke up with a missed call from Slayer, thought PBoard was hosting casuals or something.

SoCal Illuminati! :p

Mosp

Noob
There was a thread about this a month ago, and not a peep about it since then. I woke up with a missed call from Slayer, thought PBoard was hosting casuals or something.

SoCal Illuminati! :p
Was anyone tagged? How are we supposed to see a thread that had no activity for a month lol.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Wish i could have made it. Tournament looked really good

I know chef must be salty about losing to Superman as always

You know I love you SoCal Superman players, but I've seen that mirror more times than I'd care to see. I'm excited to see what the new patch does for character variety down there.

LEGEND

YES!
You know I love you SoCal Superman players, but I've seen that mirror more times than I'd care to see. I'm excited to see what the new patch does for character variety down there.
probably just means more Black Adam and Aquaman, Which won't result in a good time for me lol

Edit: also, this tournament has me seriously considering MMH as my secondary over GL

EMPEROR_THEO

I will try to pull a Perfect Legend.
"Oh, you try to nerf my character to the ground? I will use all my powers to find another way to be obnoxiously annoying with him."

I said try. That doesn't mean I wont sprint to Black Adam. -_-

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Scumbag SoCal

GGs you poor soul.
It'd be a shame if a superman had to fight another superman :p