What's new

The TYM "What are you listening to?" Thread

Satan1

Ice Pirate

----> Belgians finest, world class! What do we export? Beer, diamonds & Grazz
We tried to keep him indoors, but the beast came out - winning 3rd at the I.T.F. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in 1998, damn that shit was (and still is) hot!!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
FINALLY! A meshuggah fan in the house! KT, im now not only a fan of your smoke, but your tastes in music as well! ^_^ and I leave you with this-

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Satan1

Ice Pirate
FINALLY! A meshuggah fan in the house! KT, im now not only a fan of your smoke, but your tastes in music as well! ^_^ and I leave you with this-
Hell yeah, Meshuggah is sounds nice on disc, but it really is a live band. They are f*ing tight live! Must watch if in your area!!

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I would pay ridiculous moneyz to see Catch33 live in its entirety :jerkoff:

It's brilliant!! They played a big part of the album this year at Hellfest and it was mad sick! I hope they play in your area anytime soon!!

Edit: got mixed up with the Obzen album, but hey... It was still a great show, I hope they hit the Hellfest next year too. They are tighter than a cat's ass!

Bobzilla

Noob
In 2001, after Dimitri left Dillinger Escape Plan, the band had an open casting call for a replacement vocalist. Fans submitted their renditions of "43% Burnt" with the hopes of becoming the new lead singer. This rendition was recently sent to me. Rather than singing the actual lyrics to "43% Burnt", this individual decided to sing about legendary Redskins receiver Art Monk. It's got everything from layered vocals to sounds of an AIM chat window going off in the background.

I think it helps if you're familiar with the original, because this guy does a decent job of making the vocal rhythms similar.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
It's brilliant!! They played a big part of the album this year at Hellfest and it was mad sick! I hope they play in your area anytime soon!!

Edit: got mixed up with the Obzen album, but hey... It was still a great show, I hope they hit the Hellfest next year too. They are tighter than a cat's ass!
ObZen is greatness as well. Electric Red is my favorite from that album

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
These are some of my favorite soundtracks from Mortal Kombat 2011. The first clip is the theme for the Living Forest:

The second is for the Temple:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
While I fucking love me some MESHUGGAH...

...These fine gentlemen will always be #1 in my world.
(Well, maybe at a draw with Slipknot, but that's another story.)

Robotic

Gentleman.
Someone pm to teach me how to attach youtube videos please. I've been going apeshit for a while not being to contribute to this thread.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Someone pm to teach me how to attach youtube videos please. I've been going apeshit for a while not being to contribute to this thread.
If you look at all the text edit options (link, etc) you'll see a video track symbol. Click and show those vids!!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Such an underrated album and band in general. I think it's a combination of the subject matter they choose to write about and the fact they do it in a humorous manner that causes them to not be taken as seriously as they should.
Yeah, I agree, Macabre's always been pretty underrated. I don't know how, they're catchy as fuck. I sing along to 95% of their shit, gets stuck in my head man haha. Macabre's one of my pick me up bands when I'm feeling down, catchy songs about mass murderers cheer me up...that's probably not a healthy thing! Gloom and Grim Reality have to be my favorite albums by them, they're just so fucking catchy! Just imagine if Macabre wrote pop songs though, they'd be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Bobzilla

Noob
Yeah, I agree, Macabre's always been pretty underrated. I don't know how, they're catchy as fuck. I sing along to 95% of their shit, gets stuck in my head man haha. Macabre's one of my pick me up bands when I'm feeling down, catchy songs about mass murderers cheer me up...that's probably not a healthy thing! Gloom and Grim Reality have to be my favorite albums by them, they're just so fucking catchy! Just imagine if Macabre wrote pop songs though, they'd be rich beyond their wildest dreams.
So damn catchy...I get the chorus' from some of their songs stuck in my head for hours. Again, I think the humourous nature of their music/lyrics is what makes them underrated, as it kind of overshaodws the actual music in many people's minds. I don't think they get enough credit for their musicianship, especially Nefarious' bass playing. My favorites are Dahmer and Murder Metal, but everything they've put out is worth listening to, even their newest album. As for making pop music, I guess they could do it. They have stepped outside of the metal genre before. Familiar with the Macabre Minstrels EP?