What's new

THE STREAK...IS OVER! YOMI MIT Wins Next Level Battle Circuit #126!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
For seeding sake I know Top 3 counts at locals, I'm not sure about Top 8, so I left the bracket for results, but I put you there anyway for the sake of exposure.
My Toronto local got points for Top 8 and this was way more stacked so it only makes sense to give points to Top 8 here as well imo.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Tanya's pressure is just great. Her Kobu Jutsu is pretty fun and her angled teleport into the air dash teleport mixes up folks so bad because they try to AA the first port, whif and get blowed up. Often they dont know which to expect, and risk crossups and often just the threat of letting her get in off teleport is bad due to how great her pressure is once she starts performing block strings.

Folks try to react to the port so they don't have to deal with her pressure, guess wrong, get blowed up. Folks don't react to the port, get pressured and opened up.

Very scary momentum based character that gets in opponent's heads well. Fitting Yomi has one at the top of the bracket.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
They rank locals as 'circuit'.

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournament/byname/Northern Battles 20 - MKX

Next Level as well as The Break the day before, were super stacked this week so they could reasonably be ranked higher than 'circuit'.

@bavobbr

Yeah, The Break usually lists Top 3 as well, so I just went with that format and slid the bracket in incase he needed more. If Bavo counts top 8, that'll be great! Lots of locals have been getting 30 or more.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Tanya is NOT broken... She is a new characters that no one has dealt with much, so there is a complete lack of matchup knowledge ie people don't know what to expect. When she is inevitably figured out, the good players will drop her likes pile of shit and get on the preditor or tremor bandwagon. There is always a flavour of the month - look at jin who has been dropped by good players more and more as time goes by
You're confusing me. You make the point that Tanya isn't broken - being very confident as if YOU KNOW FOR CERTAIN tha she isn't but then go on to make the point that nobody knows the matchups, the character's still new and blah blah whatever everyone else on the forum has been parroting. How do you know she's not broken? How do you know for certain that what you're saying is true? I think a lot of people in this community makes too many bold statememnts.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
@YOMI MITYEAP

I love your kobu play but I have one small suggestion:

Instead of going for df2 df1 EX df2 after a hit b1 2+4, you should go for an EX tonfa toss instead. If you do you get a free crossover jip into b1 2+4 df2 df1. Thats about 30% and leaves them standing right next to you with +10 frame advantage. You can also use EX TT as a frametrap on block but I could understand you saving meter for combos+EX tele

Other than that you were solid as hell. Excited to see you do work with her.

@YOMI MITYEAP

I love your kobu play but I have one small suggestion:

Instead of going for df2 df1 EX df2 after a hit b1 2+4, you should go for an EX tonfa toss instead. If you do you get a free crossover jip into b1 2+4 df2 df1. Thats about 30% and leaves them standing right next to you with +10 frame advantage. You can also use EX TT as a frametrap on block but I could understand you saving meter for combos+EX tele

Other than that you were solid as hell. Excited to see you do work with her.
Ah I didn't think of that much, thanks for the tip! I will implement that into my gameplay.