What's new

General/Other - Leatherface The Saw Is Family - The Leatherface PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
All I need to say is, I want my horror fighting game by NRS for their next game. Btw I'm maining Ghost Face!
Been saying this for a while and it could totally happen. We already have 5 characters (Jason, Freddy, LF, Predator, Alien) now just add more and you have a badass fighting game. Ghostface could be sick as hell. In that fan made game Terrordrome he had these sick assist moves with other Ghostface killers and a cool looking teleport. Ugh I want this. NRS make it happen.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Are we sure that is an alt, or do they just make his outfit change in each variation? I know he would be the only one so far and it's not likely, but it kind of goes along with how he wears different masks for different occasions.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
gona wear the suit all the time
I plan to as well. BUT, how do we know that each different costume we have seen isn't unique to each variation? I'm just a bit skeptical of having more than one costume for leatherface, since NRS never (with the exception of Zod in Injustice) gives their DLC characters extra costumes.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The pic I got was from the GameStop page for MKXL.

Also yeah, he doesn't have the "girl" face in the picture I posted so I do believe it is an alt.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I plan to as well. BUT, how do we know that each different costume we have seen isn't unique to each variation? I'm just a bit skeptical of having more than one costume for leatherface, since NRS never (with the exception of Zod in Injustice) gives their DLC characters extra costumes.
You could be right, but didn't we see the 3 variations at the gameplay reveal? The general consensus was that this was his 3rd variation

because in the gameplay reveal trailer, every cut for every other character revealed a new variation. The distinguishing feature on this one is apparently the black spot on the mask, but one possibility is this is just damage from being hit.

But it is worth noting that his clothes are different in the other 2 variations, so it's totally possible that the makeup face and suit is just the real 3rd variation.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He's wearing the normal mask in this picture and not the smooth skinned make-up one so the suit is not a variation difference and is just an alt

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
The other thing about Pterodactyl's pic is the other person, who the fuck is that? Jacqui? Looks like shotguns on wrists. I don't recall seeing that in the MKXL trailer, but wouldn't they have? That was their big debut for the alt skins. Seems like their chance to show it all off and not leave anything out.

The way they're marketing this is bizarre in some ways. Dragging out little bits here and there, Cyber Sub at the Kombat Kast... it's not making sense to me because only the more hardcore players are sniffing every fart WB rips right now. The casual players are not seeing all this marketing, they might just see one video and that's it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
MK has never been about showing everything at once.

The non KP1 extra skin packs weren't revealed inmediately(though they were leaked) so I'm not surprised that the same thing happened with these.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Yeah seems like it'll be each variation, super excited to see what variation uses the pretty woman outfit.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
So i watched both kombat pack and Mortal Kombat XL trailiers, and it looks like each variation of leather face offers a different costume, all from the different texas chainsaw movies.
How i noticed this? Well after watching the trailer many times i noticed something.
All the masks and outfits look different. At first when i saw leatherface with the red outfit im like wow looks like the alternate skin is like chainsaw 3d with the red sweater, but then i looked at the mask and it looked basically just like it and looked different from the 1st leather face intro, but then when i saw the Xl trailer leatherface was again wearing a different costume during a little snippet of his fatality wearing the pretty woman mask and outfit. So it looks like either each variation is a different outfit.

You probably noticed something like this in the trailer , the pretty woman outfit

This is the red outfit you most likely noticed from texas chainsaw 3d

This is the original mask you saw in the intro.

How Cute! And Fitting. Imma' call em 'Why', 'What', 'And Really'. You guess in which order.

Low Key tho...imma' be alulz over dem instant air chainsaw resets. I feel it. Know who else have chainsaws connected to chains that are connected to the very fabric of his body, and soul, thus keepingusmaggots alive and well?

Lord Spawn.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I dont know anything about leatherface but I liked lobo in Injustice and hope he plays like lobo. But looking at him maybe he wont be as mobile like Lobo rolling around the place.

He was the character i was most excited for before I saw smokes phase move which slightly edged triborg ahead of leatherface until they show more of leatherface.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
How Cute! And Fitting. Imma' call em 'Why', 'What', 'And Really'. You guess in which order.

Low Key tho...imma' be alulz over dem instant air chainsaw resets. I feel it. Know who else have chainsaws connected to chains that are connected to the very fabric of his body, and soul, thus keepingusmaggots alive and well?

Lord Spawn.
This is what i thought but some people may be saying its an alternate but thats pretty dumb if it is, and i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.