What's new

General/Other - Leatherface The Saw Is Family - The Leatherface PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
If you can't be hype for a fat cannibalistic weirdo with a big ass chainsaw, get the fuck out of my life.

DID YOU SEE HIS FUCKING CHAINSAW? THINK OF THE GAMEPLAY! THINK OF THE FUN!
But he doesn't have a boomstick to go with the chainsaw.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
But he doesn't have a boomstick to go with the chainsaw.
It's not about what he isn't or doesn't have, that list is endless, and the same with every other character in the game.

It's about what he is.

Some weirdo with a big ass chainsaw.

That should be enough, damn it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I kind of hope they do what they did with Tanya and polish him up a bit, I saw some still shots on EH and his face needs a little work lol

Look at his ear lol

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Everybody seems to be....not happy with Leatherface making his way into the MK universe, but I am all for it. After they pretty much made Mr.Voorhees the lowest of low tier, Leather may just replace him as my pocket character. So for the 3 of us that actually are going to play him, what variations do you think he will have? I am positive we will get a chainsaw variation. A command grab variation would make a lot of sense too, and maybe a zoning variation with a hammer throw? Just spitting out ideas. So future Leatherface players, what variations would you like to see?

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
One where he gets a Kabal like buzzsaw
One where he telekinetically controls his chainsaw
One where his frustration dance increases his damage, and gives unlimited armor

Even though people are upset that Leather Face is coming, and DLC is "Crap."
I'm kinda happy with the results! I really do enjoy it, even Bo Rai Cho!

BUT...

Let's enjoy it.

Let's have this discussion on what his variants are...:16Bit:REO:16Bit

I personally want a variant that would be more about pressure against the player, sorta like Tremor, but probably as better than that. I feel most of his moves are gonna be more less lows, but more Overheads.:confused:

One variant is going to surely have his Chainsaw with him. I'd kill for that action Variant. But What do you want from Leather Face?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Im sympathetic to the people who's family had to suffer from this mans real life crimes. Being glorified in a video game is far from okay, tbh.
There are a billion movies/books/games based off serial killers real or otherwise, and some are really danm good. It's fine just put somebody's face on it'll be fun.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
There are a billion movies/books/games based off serial killers real or otherwise, and some are really danm good. It's fine just put somebody's face on it'll be fun.
Yeah, I get that. Im not overtly sensitive to the stories being told, but being able to play as him and the oncoming wave of kids who dont know who he is saying hes a badass and that sort of glorification feels tasteless to me.

Im mostly just salty that they put another guest in.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Yeah, I get that. Im not overtly sensitive to the stories being told, but being able to play as him and the oncoming wave of kids who dont know who he is saying hes a badass and that sort of glorification feels tasteless to me.

Im mostly just salty that they put another guest in.
I personally love guest character (mained Yoda in SC4) so I will enjoy wearing all the MK characters faces. Also is it only tasteless to you here or every time that happens? Because it's not like this is the only game where you can play as a killer lol

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I personally love guest character (mained Yoda in SC4) so I will enjoy wearing all the MK characters faces. Also is it only tasteless to you here or every time that happens? Because it's not like this is the only game where you can play as a killer lol
I guess you got me there. I really only mind this specific instance because I hate the horror movie guest char trend thats popping up with MK. They could easily make a horror movie game to put in cycle with IGAU and MK. Its a stupid, irrelevant, personal opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Its lame, tasteless, and disloyal to fans.

I still want Fujin.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Don't get it twisted, tho. Im going to play him if he's cool. I like the movies. He has a chainsaw. His fatals will be sick. His brutals will be gory.

Thats why I commented, to get notified when people start posting his chainsaw rev cancel tech.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I kind of hope they do what they did with Tanya and polish him up a bit, I saw some still shots on EH and his face needs a little work lol

Look at his ear lol

What do you mean? that's a mask made out of ragged human flesh right? His ear is covered by it, see the mask stitching around it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
What do you mean? that's a mask made out of ragged human flesh right? His ear is covered by it, see the mask stitching around it.

Yeah its supposed to be kind of covered too just like this

In the game it just looks a little too clean and its like perfectly straight one the top lol idk how to explain it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Im sympathetic to the people who's family had to suffer from this mans real life crimes. Being glorified in a video game is far from okay, tbh.
Leatherface was not a real person. The character was loosely inspired by Ed Gein who was a real person who did some incredibly messed up stuff, but Leatherface didn't commit any real life crimes, since he is fictional and did not exist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.