What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Yea, I don't have access to the signature stuff, I'm pretty sure they did away with it and only gave the option to edit it with premium benefits.

As for online play being high level, I mean...it's online. Lag comes to mind...frames...advantages...disadvantages...I mean its not a fairly new subject. I never once said you can't practice and become good by playing online. I'm saying that the pinnacle of FG competition lies in offline tournaments. An online player with no previous offline tournament experience will not just come in an offline event and stomp face unless they're some sort of prodigy. You cannot experience the game at a "true" high level by just staying at home in a comfortable position all day.

@Pound IC

Me and @Bird Lao X agree on something? In a Bird Lao thread. Armageddon It has begun!

Boring though isn't the word for me though. It's just best in small doses. Once I hit the 2 hour mark on or offline, it either feels like a chore to continue or it ends up in me just going for awkward hit confirms I shouldn't be going for to see if that will work. Playing half the roster and I still can't stick around for too long. But that first 120 minutes are HYPE. Not saying MKX is bad, but I can't put my groove in it.

Pound IC

Noob
Yea, I don't have access to the signature stuff, I'm pretty sure they did away with it and only gave the option to edit it with premium benefits.

As for online play being high level, I mean...it's online. Lag comes to mind...frames...advantages...disadvantages...I mean its not a fairly new subject. I never once said you can't practice and become good by playing online. I'm saying that the pinnacle of FG competition lies in offline tournaments. An online player with no previous offline tournament experience will not just come in an offline event and stomp face unless they're some sort of prodigy. You cannot experience the game at a "true" high level by just staying at home in a comfortable position all day.

@Pound IC
I'd agree with everything you said there. The only reason this whole argument started was because you came into the thread with the "no tournament players in this thread" nonsense, as if they were needed to validate other peoples' opinions.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Playing a character like shang/ L kang/ reptile/ jax/ sektor/ in mk9 was IMO much much more fun than mkx has to offer.

Had they just nerfed :smokes resets
Kabals iagb
Sonya d4 military
Kl birdlao
Kenshis push
Cyrax resets
Freddy zoning

And gave minor buffs to the ones who needed it and also took out the bugs, the game would have been perfection

D

Deleted member 9158

I used to rush home from work/school to play MK9, but now I go weeks without playing MKX and not really noticing until I see thread like this. The sub-par online, lack of local scene here and the constant 50/50 meta is kind of uninspiring to me.

It would be much less boring if you could do anything besides training mode. A game built where playing locally only is all it's good for in 2015 is pretty ridiculous. It would also be less boring if like 50% of the cast wasn't boring and unappealing.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Funny enough I think of Sektor who actually had really cool, interesting moves along with Smoke and Noob.

Those characters actually were rather quite fantastic with their play styles and I was rather impressed by them. Nothing here has impressed me aside from wishful thinking of variations like Unbreakable Sub and Dualist Liu.

It is great watching MK X but after awhile you tend to see the same combo's from the same characters, the same block string pressure, etc.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Damn! Wtf do you do to be able to play 9 hrs straight! In between my dog family work and girlfriend I get like 3 to 4 hours 3 times a week tops.
agreed... Work for 30-40 hours a week, plus a new lady in my life, plus dogs, plus the fact that I have other hobbies than MK... I wish I had 9 hours in a week to play lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

@Pound IC
Pretty sure that's EXACTLY what Curbolicious did. lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It's on the low side, but when it gives you a free 50/50 or throw... you're never out of the match. And she does 40s in the corner.
Do you use 242xxFK as main punisher? Do you go for run 212, b1,2nut punch or just run b12 nut punch after flick kick? Been trying out that combo and cant hit it consistently.

GNice4U

Noob
I was talking to my boy @RM AtK! about this. Back when mk9 was out, I was a deadbeat. I'd go to work thinking about mk9, come home and promise to do dishes then suddenly it was 3am and I'd go to bed with nasty old chicken sitting in the sink and shit, just to wake up and do the same thing the next day. Weekends? Forget it. I was on MK9 at 8am and would play all day long. Talk shit in koths, baby limbo free with jade, etc.

MKX? I lab for a while, get on and play some games, then I'm like man I'm bored I should go do some dishes. Then I do dishes and hang out with my wife and kid for a bit, change diapers, troll on Twitch and TYM for a minute then I go to bed by 11pm. What is happening to me? Am I getting older and more responsible? No fucking way; it's just that there's only so much leveling up you can do in this game by yourself.

In MK9 I would lab for hours upon hours and play online for sooooo long. On vita, I could take like 3 hour shits while playing mk9 ranked lmfao. Sadly, those days are over.

Is Ed Boon making this game boring af on purpose to make me into a better man? I mean, my relationship with wife and family has never been better, but there's just a part of me that feels empty when I'm not wasting my life away playing a game that I love, ya feel me? Like sure, remembering to text my mom happy birthday is cool and all, but it's nothing compared to zoning the fuck outta someone with instant air fans with Kitana then teabagging the fuck outta them before babying them. *Sigh*, those were the days...
Best post I've ever read!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Cool Cossner. Congratulations on being a "somebody" in the video game world. I'm sure it'll get you far in life, along with your attitude/massive chip on your shoulder.
It did! That's why I got a cool job in the US, by being someone involved in the community and not someone who buys the game, plays it for a month, whines about it and then shelves it. It literally has nothing to do with "being someone". It's about the level of whinniness TYM has reached. But I'm sure it's not you guys, you're all Sonicfoxes capable of getting top 3ing at Evo, it's the "character" or the "game" I mean it has to be right?

lol just because you go to tournaments doesn't make you a high level player. Never seem you make it to any top8 at any major. Online random? Try getting your stick to work first then we talk lol...
No, top 8s are reserved for YOMI :( didn't you make a tantrum on me when we tried to play, and got bopped in a 30 man regional? Don't you shit on new people when they say the word "spam"? Isn't that your shtick here on TYM?

We are talking about MKX here. Our complaints about MKX weren't the same as the ones for MK9.

He came here to call us random online scrubs when he cant even get his fucking stick to work properly.
What does that even mean? Is this in reference when you freaked out about the ps4 logins issue? People not disconnecting their pad in that VA thing? Really?

Also what kind of idiot logic is that, either I get top 8 at a 300 man major or you're right and MKX is nothing but 50/50s? Man now I REALLY wanna money match you.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
It's like this with any game really.

That's why it's good to take breaks, a day or a few, and get back into it.

It's also good to not do everything as fast as you can.

There's a lot of stuff in this game I haven't looked up or done yet, and I haven't even tried out every character yet.

I'm taking my time with it and not playing it every day or hours on end, so it's still fun and fresh for me and probably will be for a while much like MK9 and Injustice were.
I disagree. MK9 held me for months. Played it daily since release until Rain was released then played even more with Rain for months. This game isn't holding me. Might be that there's a LOT more bullshit to deal with in this game than it was with MK9. Outside of the broken characters, I didn't find matches enfuriating to play online. With this game, if I lose two matches because lag doesn't let me armor the annoying block strings my opponent is doing, I turn off the console and call it a day. Maybe Tremor will breath new life into this game because for now, unlike MK9, it's not holding me.

NRS better announce the 2nd kombat pack, because even though I really want Rain and Fujin, I doubt I'll buy them if they arrive too late.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Do you use 242xxFK as main punisher? Do you go for run 212, b1,2nut punch or just run b12 nut punch after flick kick? Been trying out that combo and cant hit it consistently.
Main combo: B12 (Or D+F1) flip kick RC b12 ex nut punch.

Punish: 242 F24 flip kick RC B12 ex nut punch

Corner: B12 (Or D+F1) flip kick RC, 121, 21u4, 4 flip kick RC, b1 nut punch

I prefer consistency over strict timing and constant drops. lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Main combo: B12 (Or D+F1) flip kick RC b12 ex nut punch.

Punish: 242 F24 flip kick RC B12 ex nut punch

Corner: B12 (Or D+F1) flip kick RC, 121, 21u4, 4 flip kick RC, b1 nut punch

I prefer consistency over strict timing and constant drops. lol
Oh you do EH nut punch no wonder.