What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Corner

113 orbs 112 BM B23 U1+3 (43%)

On block 113 orbs gives a free back 2. Midscreen theres nothing you can really do on 113 orbs unfortunately.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
hey guys, I'm having a lot of trouble connecting b23 after a divekick combo. the combo I want to try is b2~trait, 22~MB cage, b3, j2, j1~divekick, b23u1+3. either nothing comes out, I do the b23 too late, or I get that dumb looking standing 3 lol. haaalp :(

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
hey guys, I'm having a lot of trouble connecting b23 after a divekick combo. the combo I want to try is b2~trait, 22~MB cage, b3, j2, j1~divekick, b23u1+3. either nothing comes out, I do the b23 too late, or I get that dumb looking standing 3 lol. haaalp :(
I've never seen that combo, but ex cage combos aren't really worth it after the nerf.

If you really wanna do a cage combo do whatever into ex cage, b3 j3 b23 u1+3.

However for a dive kick combo try whatever into 22b1 j2 far bootstomp b23 u1+3

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I've never seen that combo, but ex cage combos aren't really worth it after the nerf.

If you really wanna do a cage combo do whatever into ex cage, b3 j3 b23 u1+3.

However for a dive kick combo try whatever into 22b1 j2 far bootstomp b23 u1+3
I was just using that as an example haha, just meant divekick combos in general.

Not sure if anyone has posted this:

J3, Far Boot Stomp, 1 1 (T), B2 3, 1 1 xx Lightning Storm[MB] - [54%] 1 bar

You can end it with a b23u1+3 for 48% and save the bar but, if you actually land a jump in 3 might as well go for the gold!

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Aquaman trait punish (Scoop, ground trident, anything unsafe into trait or for use when you catch him and he tries to save his own ass with trait)

F2-11 Orbs (Black Magic if no orbs)-B23 U1+3 36% (No trait 28%)

This is a big thing. I think jumping in with f2 might be part of the metagame of this MU. F2 immediately takes aquaman off the ground completely nullifying his trait in any situation. It is 12 frames and has decent reach and is also by itself +1 on block. F23 is +5 with push and also on hit throws them full screen. This is the best way to get decent damage and punishes on aquaman.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
According to the OP, d1 xx trait, 22b1 should work but I can never get the whole thing to combo. Is there something I'm missing here?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
According to the OP, d1 xx trait, 22b1 should work but I can never get the whole thing to combo. Is there something I'm missing here?
Only works reliably on big hitbox characters like doomsday. It can connect vs others but it is very spacing specific.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Aquaman trait punish (Scoop, ground trident, anything unsafe into trait or for use when you catch him and he tries to save his own ass with trait)

F2-11 Orbs (Black Magic if no orbs)-B23 U1+3 36% (No trait 28%)

This is a big thing. I think jumping in with f2 might be part of the metagame of this MU. F2 immediately takes aquaman off the ground completely nullifying his trait in any situation. It is 12 frames and has decent reach and is also by itself +1 on block. F23 is +5 with push and also on hit throws them full screen. This is the best way to get decent damage and punishes on aquaman.
f2, 11 orbs, b23, d2 xx black magic, lightning also works for 38% (it's a lot easier then when you do d2 xx cloud at the end of 22b1 combos)

edit: figures, as soon as I say that now I can't land it again -__- Maybe it's the same timing, and I just got lucky the first time trying it hahah.

another super-duper edit:

b2 orbs f1, 11 xx black magic, b23 u1+3 for 41%

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
New string for Black Adam while crossing your opponent up. (Trait activated) Ji2, DF3 MB, Dash, 1,1, Black Magic, Dash, B2,3, U1+3

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
New string for Black Adam while crossing your opponent up. (Trait activated) Ji2, DF3 MB, Dash, 1,1, Black Magic, Dash, B2,3, U1+3

Video is private and this combo sounds weird and impractical based on what youve listed.

Im guessing you mean (trait on) J2 - MB Cage - 11 BM - b23 u1+3?

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Video is private and this combo sounds weird and impractical based on what youve listed.

Im guessing you mean (trait on) J2 - MB Cage - 11 BM - b23 u1+3?

Sorry. Didn't realize the video was set to private. It's not impractical only because 9 times out of 10 when you cross an opponent over with Black Adam's JI2 and hit confirms on top of their head, then you got an opportunity to do some damage. Since Black Adam's divekick regular has been nerfed on block, it seems more practical to use MB. Even if the opponent gets a chance to block after the JI2.

Don't know where you got J2 into MB Cage? Never tried that out to see if it really works?

Celerity said:
I assume he means Boot Stomp MB, but that combo isn't new, it's already in the OP.
If it is which I'm assuming it's posted and overlooked it, then it's all good. Thought this would be something to look at considering Black Adam's divekick has to be used safely now ever since the patch came out.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Sorry. Didn't realize the video was set to private. It's not impractical only because 9 times out of 10 when you cross an opponent over with Black Adam's JI2 and hit confirms on top of their head, then you got an opportunity to do some damage. Since Black Adam's divekick regular has been nerfed on block, it seems more practical to use MB. Even if the opponent gets a chance to block after the JI2.

Don't know where you got J2 into MB Cage? Never tried that out to see if it really works?
I do J2 Ex divekick every now and then but i would stick to 11 or B2 for most jump ins.

The df3 MB confused me cause im not used to seeing divekick notated like that so i though you meant DB3 MB or lightning cage (wasnt thinking of air moves after the jump in either).

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
I do J2 Ex divekick every now and then but i would stick to 11 or B2 for most jump ins.

The df3 MB confused me cause im not used to seeing divekick notated like that so i though you meant DB3 MB or lightning cage (wasnt thinking of air moves after the jump in either).

Ha ha ha. Gotcha, bro. It's all good. Long as I know what I notated and works in-game, then I'm fine.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
I've been messing around with a 2 bar vortex during which you can use the trait twice. I'll have the exact damage uploaded tomorrow if anyone is actually interested.

B2 xxTrait, 22b1, dash, 112, MB Black Magic, dash, F3, dash, JI2, B23, 112, MB Black Magic, dash, Trait, B23, 1+3.

It's not recommended against characters with very good wake-ups but works wonderful online and does a hefty amount of damage. After the F3 just like in Vulcan Hades ' video you can either opt for a simple JI2 or one that crosses up.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I've been messing around with a 2 bar vortex during which you can use the trait twice. I'll have the exact damage uploaded tomorrow if anyone is actually interested.

B2 xxTrait, 22b1, dash, 112, MB Black Magic, dash, F3, dash, JI2, B23, 112, MB Black Magic, dash, Trait, B23, 1+3.

It's not recommended against characters with very good wake-ups but works wonderful online and does a hefty amount of damage. After the F3 just like in Vulcan Hades ' video you can either opt for a simple JI2 or one that crosses up.
I'm mire than ok with the one bar vortex that dishes 40% each time you hit. I was actually messing around with the vortex today as well. I think it would be a good use of meter for combos in certain situations now that we don't really need to use ex cage anymore.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
I'm mire than ok with the one bar vortex that dishes 40% each time you hit. I was actually messing around with the vortex today as well. I think it would be a good use of meter for combos in certain situations now that we don't really need to use ex cage anymore.
Look at me! I'm helpin' I'm helpin'!