What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Has anyone out there have this ever happen to them before? There's this weird freeze or lock out bug that will happen when playing MKX randomly during a match where inputs will drop and both players will be locked out for some time. This bug is rare but when it happens, it's extremely apparent and can completely kill the momentum of the match and throw players off. It's happened before when I've played against @YOMI DJT and @YOMI MITYEAP in long sets of casuals and when it hit, we just said "WTF?" and looked at each other as if our controllers suddenly broke or something of the sorts. I've never been able to capture it on video or have it on stream until NOW.

Below you can see this bug occur at 01:20 in a match of casuals between myself and @EMPEROR_JUPITER. The bug happens at the end of Predator's throw animation at around 01:20. Pay attention to the button log and notice how mysteriously our button logs silence and then mine floods with sudden left over inputs during the span from where we were both "locked out". I was trying to perform an EX straight laser right after my throw on his knock down and couldn't move. Nothing would come out and no inputs were registering.

An issue similar to this happened during one of my pool matches at EVO when I was trying to get an armor attack out after a string and my character was stuck in place for over a second. I originally thought it was a controller malfunction on my part... But now that I think back, it most likely had something to do with this bug. Something like this can be a serious buzz kill and soul crushingly devastating to have it happen in the heat of the moment during an intense tournament set. Hopefully some of you tech monsters can look into this and find the potential cause of what could be possibly making this happen.

And before anyone asks. Yes, all other controllers were desynced from the PS4. The only controllers connected to the PS4 console were myself and Jupiters. We even double checked after the bug occurred and it was confirmed. This freeze bug also happened with me against the Terry brothers off-line with no internet connected at the Yomi house. So this should weed out any random internet connection issues or theory some of you guys may conclude.
this happens to me a lot when i play offline with my friends. it happens only to PS4

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've had this happen to me a few times, it's rare but idk if anything specific causes it. It could just be random. Thankfully this has only happened to me in casuals so far, I'd be pretty upset if this happened to me in tournament and ruined a situation/momentum

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
I assume this is a problem only for the ps4 version because I haven't had any issues with the x1 version but I can't say for sure.

This has happened to me in training mode also. Thought that it was my controller too. Glad to know this isn't just happening to me.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I see a lot of PS4 users saying this. That one guy claims it happened to him in the beta, but that could be from rollback/lag, etc. I hope it's something that can be fixed.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
When I play, i sometimes have no idea what I shall do next. Usually this is when I am overstrained by the pace of the match. Then I just stand there and do nothing for quite some while. Maybe this issue is related to the bug as well?

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
This has happened to me in training mode several times. Glad I'm not the only one.

My character usually gets stuck in the crouch position for a couple of seconds after jumping and immediately crouching. Very rare thankfully.