What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

n1kosh

Train harder
I haven't experienced this myself, but a plethora of other people have. It's one of the biggest issues people seem to have next to not liking the D-pad. You're definitely not alone, dude.

I believe @HoneyBee had an issue with it before, amongst others.
I thought that my fingers are crooked :)

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Mine was getting close to breaking i think. So i just changed it to R1. It feels SO MUCH BETTER. So my layout is L2 IInteractables. L1 Grab. R1 Block. R2 Stance switch. And for Xray i push R1, X, O. But now i use a PS2 pad so i do not have to use this horrible Pad anymore

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Yea it already happened to me once too and I don't even play pad, just let friends use it when they come over to play.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I haven't experienced this myself, but a plethora of other people have. It's one of the biggest issues people seem to have next to not liking the D-pad. You're definitely not alone, dude.

I believe @HoneyBee had an issue with it before, amongst others.
Yeah I had this issue but I was told it only happens to older generations PS4 pads. Whether or not that's true, I recommend using R1 to block instead of R2. Better not to risk it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why are people using R2 for anything timing intensive? I use the regular buttons (L1 and R1) so EX, Block, and X-rays happen when i press the button. Not when I press it hard enough. That messed with my ex moves and it's even worse when trying to do links in SF or certain specials that change depending on which two buttons were pressed. Everyone should just use R1 and L1.

n1kosh

Train harder
Yeah I had this issue but I was told it only happens to older generations PS4 pads. Whether or not that's true, I recommend using R1 to block instead of R2. Better not to risk it.
Great thanks!!!! I didn't even think to use R1 to block. I'm gonna try.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
This is the reason that I use arcade sticks only for fighting games. No matter what system I play on, the experience is the same. For instance, I have sticks for both my XB1 and my PS4 but I only have MKX for the XB1. At EVO, MKX was only running on PS4. I plugged in my arcade stick and felt right at home with the game.

I've tried going back to pads for fighting games but for the some of the issues you listed, I always found a damn good reason to pick up the stick and drop the pad. Arcade sticks just feel more natural to me for these games. @Pig Of The Hut, Nice meeting you at EVO by the way!

SinkFla

Noob
I can't for the life of me stand the dpad on ps4 controllers for fighting games. Giant thumb and hands + ps4 dpad = free.

And I have the exact same issue as Pig with the random Neutral Jumps...

Dahak

Noob
Anyone use that universal mayflash adapter to play a ps2 pad for mkx/ultra on ps4 because the triggers on ps4 pad is starting to go out.Does the mayflash ps2 pad method still work?

Recently I've had a major issue with not being able to get NJPs like 80% of the fucking time with my DS4. I get a jump back attack. Driving me insane.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Wait minute... hold on a second... Pig, is that you ?!....hahahahahaha.... i always associate the pic with the name, not the other way around.... xD

P.S. the ps4 controller is shite, buy a stick, is the best option !!

Yak

Noob
I play on xbox one a little while ago I went to a local thinking I wouldn't have trouble on the ps4 pad though Ive never touched a ps4 controller before. I was mistaken to say the least I struggled with inputs and everything quite a bit. Not sure if it's just because I'm not used to the controller or it really is just a bad dpad. I honestly like the Xbox one d pad.