What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Thanks a ton, man; I was thinking about buying one, but I wouldn't want to waste my money.
I used one once because a co worker had one, and was not impressed at all. It felt like a toy to me. And his buttons started becoming unresponsive after two weeks of play. Definitely a cool look, because well, it has that sweet ass MK logo....but if you buy it, do so with the intentions of having it as a collectable as opposed to something you want to compete on online or offline.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
After playing with the PS4 pad since launch I am enjoying it. The DPad is Ina better spot that the Xbox One controller as I have piano fingers.

Wish it was the size of the One controller however.

Going to try out the Elite controller when it comes out and see how that measures up. If only the DPad was where the analog sticks are, it would be perfect.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
The only problem I have with the ps4 pad is the same one I had with the PS 3 pad and that's the back triggers. Give me four buttons on top not two buttons and two more pressure sensitive slipperery triggers that take an hour to press then make my fingers slide off because of whatever obscure angle they end up lol. I haven't had any issues with bf thougj

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The only problem I have with the ps4 pad is the same one I had with the PS 3 pad and that's the back triggers. Give me four buttons on top not two buttons and two more pressure sensitive slipperery triggers that take an hour to press then make my fingers slide off because of whatever obscure angle they end up lol. I haven't had any issues with bf thougj
This so much. I think they're only like that for racing games and it's so annoying. It'd be great if the button became activated with less pressure. That way whatever game is out there that needs pressure sensitive buttons and everyone else can get a quick responsive action. I tried using the triggers on 360 for SF and it messed up every link and ex move that required heavy buttons.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i have been having problems with the DS4 since i bought this damn system.

the button layout is horrible, Options right next to Square, share and touch pad hit by wayward slides.... i just dont think the design was thought out very long.
yes i get random NJp off of BF inputs even when i command input them.
The triggers are made out of the cheapest Chinese Plastic known to man. break a lot.
bumpers can jam after moderate use (doesn't happen with every controller)
i feel that they could have made the 1234 buttons a little more rounded for us sliders!

on another note: the Hori FC4 is awesome. works great and hasnt broken for me yet. reminds me of sega.

my beef with it is no joysticks, need for KOTH, racing games well basically every game cept fighters. so that means no R3/L3 and no touch pad.

other than that, i have had great success with the Hori on MKX

NOTE: i here the MKX-PDP pad sucks d for beer money...

i feel your pain... i might just finally get an XB1

i also want a converter, might get this one: http://www.amazon.com/MAYFLASH-Universal-Adapter-XBOX360-VITA/dp/B0089OBLDO

then i can rock a PS2 controller my idea is that itll work off the ps3 fightstick function on mkx

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
In neutral, it's mandatory to input bf inputs waaaaay slower than you'd like otherwise you jump every time. Didn't even have this issue in Injustice. #riot

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Wow !!!! I thought something is wrong with me.

I have a big problem with DS3 and DS4. When I press back forward input sometimes my character......jumps.

I thought it's my fault and my bad execution but I see other People have also similar problems.

C-Sword

Noob
i have been having problems with the DS4 since i bought this damn system.

the button layout is horrible, Options right next to Square, share and touch pad hit by wayward slides.... i just dont think the design was thought out very long.
yes i get random NJp off of BF inputs even when i command input them.
The triggers are made out of the cheapest Chinese Plastic known to man. break a lot.
bumpers can jam after moderate use (doesn't happen with every controller)
i feel that they could have made the 1234 buttons a little more rounded for us sliders!

on another note: the Hori FC4 is awesome. works great and hasnt broken for me yet. reminds me of sega.

my beef with it is no joysticks, need for KOTH, racing games well basically every game cept fighters. so that means no R3/L3 and no touch pad.

other than that, i have had great success with the Hori on MKX

NOTE: i here the MKX-PDP pad sucks d for beer money...

i feel your pain... i might just finally get an XB1

i also want a converter, might get this one: http://www.amazon.com/MAYFLASH-Universal-Adapter-XBOX360-VITA/dp/B0089OBLDO

then i can rock a PS2 controller my idea is that itll work off the ps3 fightstick function on mkx

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I think I'm gonna look at the hori fc4 after reading some of these posts, that will probably be the best bet for me.

My only problem is I play on xbone but with tournaments and such the fc4 will be great since it seems ps4 is the favored system.

Does anyone have a good converter suggestion for ps4 to xbone? The only one I'm aware of is the titan one.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I've used the DS4 for both Marvel and Street Fighter with zero executions errors I would blame the controller for. But, when I switched to MKX, I experienced a ton of issues while jumping foward and backward and executing back-forward specials.

----------------

I largely prefer the DS4 over most other controllers I've used in the past.

Reactions: jmt

MadeOfMetal

I know....

I thought you were looking for another controller with sticks and a touchpad.
i wasn't aware that the
Hori Pad FPS Plus for Playstation 4

was PS4 compatible... ill try it out... i also wanna try the converter for a ps2 pad... but i like how this one has the touchpad... now this one doesn't have the scrolling problem right?

MadeOfMetal

• how are the triggers?
  • how are the input buttons?
  • how would you rate the dpad compared to the DS4?
  • and does the D-pad being located there help with some users problem of sliding into the touchpad?
  • do you ofetn hit the option button+touch pad while inputing combos on the 1234 buttons?
  • does the D-pad have the sensitivity coin slider, and do you think its great without if it doesn't have it?

OMG this post gives me such relief. I'm new to fighting games but I know I'm not THAT bad. My inputs get fucked so much and I know I'm hitting them correctly. I'm looking to get good at this game...Is there a controller or fight stick I should be looking at?

C-Sword

Noob
Dualshock 2 is by far the best controller for this game

Find someone to make you a converter using the FC4 PCB and the Fighting Game Widget. So you can use it for all the fighting games, not just those with the Lab Zero driver. Plus, you won't have to carry a DualShock 4 around.

Or get the Fighting Commander 4...

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
i have the same problems with jumping when trying to do BF inputs. the buttons are a single piece of plastic and you can get an up input without even touching the up section of the pad.

Enigma

Noob
The xbox 360 controller was so smooth and I never had any problem with it. But DS4 doesn't do a lot of the things I want it to do.

For example, when I try
1, it will do
1, and the move simply won't come out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can someone recommend a better pad than the PS4 pad? I am hitting R2 too frequently due to accident, and it is costing me meter and sometimes games because of that., e.g. the clash system in Injustice. I like the dpad where it is though, I couldn't use the xbox controller because I found it too hard with my fingers. The Hori pad seems great, except it's not wireless..
I would suggest moving block to R1. That was the first thing I did because the triggers are counter productive when it comes to timing based things imo. I think my R2 is interactable but just change it to any of the other 3 "macros".

MAN0

DevilApes
I would suggest moving block to R1. That was the first thing I did because the triggers are counter productive when it comes to timing based things imo. I think my R2 is interactable but just change it to any of the other 3 "macros".
I did that on two pads, the first R1 broke inside from too much fbc'ing and the second one started squeaking.