What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Hey guys. I want to apologize for being gone for so long. I'm in college & the HW has been keeping me busy. I'll try to post some more thoughts & my findings into here, Scorpion, & Sub-Zero. Those are my characters.

I have also registered to compete at KIT16 & waiting to see if my aunt & other people who owe me money will bring me to before I make a decision to attempt NEC. But I will definitely post again. I have been investing most of my time towards Ethereal & Piercing. I have Ravenous down, but I'm still not too comfortable with it. At this point, I'm more comfortable with all of Scorpion's variations & 2 of Mileena's variations. Sub is just 2, but I haven't really been playing with him. Still undecided on which one that I want to bring out, though at this point. I am saying though that for Mileena, if I do start her, it would be either of those 2. I also have a capture card & can stream any time that I want.

If any of you guys are going, I'll see you there.

Last edited:
Three characters I am most comfortable with...good luck! Hope to watch your matches soon! :)

Hey guys. I want to apologize for being gone for so long. I'm in college & the HW has been keeping me busy. I'll try to post some more thoughts & my findings into here, Scorpion, & Sub-Zero. Those are my characters.

I have also registered to compete at KIT16 & waiting to see if my aunt & other people who owe me money will bring me to before I make a decision to attempt NEC. But I will definitely post again. I have been investing most of my time towards Ethereal & Piercing. I have Ravenous down, but I'm still not too comfortable with it. At this point, I'm more comfortable with all of Scorpion's variations & 2 of Mileena's variations. Sub is just 2, but I haven't really been playing with him. Still undecided on which one that I want to bring out, though at this point. I am saying though that for Mileena, if I do start her, it would be either of those 2. I also have a capture card & can stream any time that I want.

If any of you guys are going, I'll see you there.

Reactions: JDE

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Over the last few days, thanks to some tips I got at my local, I've fallen for piercing again. Annoying people with sais and then 12u4 mixup is pretty fun. Man, if Ravenous had the sais ...

JDE

Imo, all of her variations have the okizeme. I feel like that's not an issue either way. I do think that it's a matter of the match & what you prefer to utilize during a fight. Generally, as long as you can play footsies with her, you'll be fine with or without low sais. They do give her more of an extra boost in mixup & more use to zone with her; not to mention that they avoid some character's projectiles.

And thank you guys

JDE

I'm actually wanting to main Ravenous because I like offense & mixups. So I'm going to have to get more comfortable with it.

BigFool

Noob
I always preferred Piercing for oki uses, purley because of B2 1 2+4. Something as simple as being right up close to a downed character puts quite a bit of pressure on the opponent.

I love the character and how she plays, but everything seems like an uphill battle for her.

Garbage low pokes, telekicks that whiff on good reads,etc.

Ive been mileena faithful since day one, but i feel shes lacking something to be desired. She seems like one of the most difficult to use imo.

Im still just an online scrub, but ive hit a roadblock trying to level up with her. Ive put to use lots of the collective knowledge of her on these forums to good success, but im nowhere near where i want to be.

Any advice, matchup specific or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I main piercing, trying to get into ethereal

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
<3 I feel the struggle man try 1 grab, 12grab, 123 grab, and 12 check with d3 grab lmao at high lvls play her like a wrestler pays off alot even tho she does need help man >.<

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
O ya ethereal is her best imo. I was hardcore piercing trust me man its way better, its so hard in your mind to give up low sai but trust me when your not getting hit in the head by jumpins lol! You won't miss it

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i agree about the grabbing. alot of players will play very defensively against Mileena, and sometimes you gotta go WWE on their asses to break them out of that shell. and yeah, ethereal is great too. i've always mained piercing and played ravenous a bit on the side, but after learning ethereal it's easily my second choice for certain match ups. that ex fade is just so resourceful in different situations. just wish the start-up on normal fade was a tad shorter.

Just came from a weekly, going Mileena all the way. Have to admit that I tend to still "panic EX Roll" when knocked down.

And maan...that Hollywood Cassie is such a pain! Once you get hit with the nutcracker, I feel that I can't even roll once she starts her mixups AFTER the nutcracker.

More labbing time I guess...

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I've been sticking to piercing the most out of the three (got ravenous down better than ethereal), and I feel like each has it's strong aspect, with Ethereal being slightly above the other 2. At least for me, piercing nets me soooo much meter when played right, that I always have a bar to kill for an armored escape or an telekick~xray confirm. That and, I actually have range and plus frames with b12, not to mention the beauty of b21,2+4 in combos for the oki and damage.

Ravenous for me is...player specific in a way. Like, depending on their knowledge of the MU, I either do or don't get tick low pounces because they get hit with one of the hits before it comes out. The healing from b12,1+3 has helped so many damn times lol, but it lacks the meter gain like ethereal and piercing have. *Wishful change for her would be that low sais were throughout all variations and piercing would get an EXsai throw that worked like Kitana's glaive grounded*

Ethereal, I'm still trying to get down. Like my main issues with it is the lack of combo potential/damage and fairly slow start up on regular Fade. I think it's only SLIGHTLY above the other two just for the fact that it's a safe wakeup and can make strings whiff if used within gaps for a combo punish, but for any gap, her EXroll can also do the same, so idk.

I'm down for any mirrors or general matches if anyone is interested. Only had the game for a little over a week, and while I feel like I got the general meta of the game down(been watching all MK footage since day 1), I can still use any and all experience I can get.

Ethereal, I'm still trying to get down. Like my main issues with it is the lack of combo potential/damage and fairly slow start up on regular Fade. I think it's only SLIGHTLY above the other two just for the fact that it's a safe wakeup and can make strings whiff if used within gaps for a combo punish, but for any gap, her EXroll can also do the same, so idk.
Not really. EX Fade is always better because EX Roll loses to double hit moves.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Not really. EX Fade is always better because EX Roll loses to double hit moves.
Eh...they have their uses. Sometimes just back dashing really does the trick in terms of pressure but yeah, if EX roll was faster. that'd be great. For me personally, piercing allows me meter gain that I can't yet net with the other variations

JerzeyReign

Played in a small tournament this weekend and got 4th with the Empress. Should've been 3rd but I lost to a D'vorah because I can't shake the habit of tk and ias. My goodness I never realized how much protection that instant air sai gave me after a blocked TK.

Either way I needed that confidence boost as I was on a "get bodied" streak for the last 2-3 tournaments/locals I've played in. I still can't do nothing with the better players and characters at my local with her.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Played in a small tournament this weekend and got 4th with the Empress. Should've been 3rd but I lost to a D'vorah because I can't shake the habit of tk and ias. My goodness I never realized how much protection that instant air sai gave me after a blocked TK.

Either way I needed that confidence boost as I was on a "get bodied" streak for the last 2-3 tournaments/locals I've played in. I still can't do nothing with the better players and characters at my local with her.
Congrats on the placement. Regarding your local scene what characters do you frequently fight against?

JerzeyReign

Congrats on the placement. Regarding your local scene what characters do you frequently fight against?
Just gonna go off the top our standings, some guys I've played and some guys I just have to prep for due to possibility:

Sub Zero (all variations), Cassie (Hollywood), Kano (Cybernetic), Takeda (Lasher, Ronin), Raiden (Thunder God), Kung Lao (Tempest), Predator (HQT), Quan Chi (whatever the two popular ones are called) and Johnny Cage (Alist/Stunt Double) are the pretty much set in stone characters I could see weekly. Doesn't include their secondaries like Tremor (Aftershock), or Sonya (CO/Demo) or the couple of people who can use numerous characters. Also doesn't include the Tanya (Pyro) who is pretty damn good that has been MIA but recently said he'll start coming back.

Not only are all these guys better than me but they're using better characters. Its a blessing in disguise though because I have the possibility to get beat up by almost half the cast weekly.

So after studying the Telekick setups for the video, I'm thinking we should find out everything Mileena can do on HIT with her frames.
Are there any followup attacks that will jail?
Are there guaranteed Sai throws? (Meaning the opponent can't jump over them in time)

- 2,1 and Piercing B2,1 for example. If the low hits how much advantage does she actually have?
- 1,2,3 hits and you didn't special cancel. Does she have any forced blocks? or forced reversals?

I believe that's where the next level is.

GQJ

Noob
I did not know where to ask this, but on projectiles alot of characters have negative recovery. What does that mean?

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Basically the range in which you use a projectile decides how safe it is. Use it far its safe.Use it up close cancelled from a string maybe get punished maybe not.

Reactions: GQJ