What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Just a small thing I found out that isn't much but for people who don't know it might help/add to their game. I have seen some Mileenas (myself included) who do telekick xx air sai, run cancel into 50/50 (ex roll or f4). What I found out is that even though it looks pretty solid the 50/50 is not guaranteed as it can be armoured through or the opponent can backdash out of it, although ex roll will catch the backdash you get the idea.

However, if you just do a telekick and land you have enough advantage to guarantee your 50/50 and are in perfect position to land a max range f4 or ex roll. Just something to think about.

Just a small thing I found out that isn't much but for people who don't know it might help/add to their game. I have seen some Mileenas (myself included) who do telekick xx air sai, run cancel into 50/50 (ex roll or f4). What I found out is that even though it looks pretty solid the 50/50 is not guaranteed as it can be armoured through or the opponent can backdash out of it, although ex roll will catch the backdash you get the idea.

However, if you just do a telekick and land you have enough advantage to guarantee your 50/50 and are in perfect position to land a max range f4 or ex roll. Just something to think about.
Yeah, I've been doing this since the day telekick was first patched. In fact, I do it so often I sometimes forget to kill with the guaranteed air sai. Eventually when they respect it enough you get free JIPs like the MK9 days. Lots of conditioning needed, though.

TheGabStandard

Yeah, I've been doing this since the day telekick was first patched. In fact, I do it so often I sometimes forget to kill with the guaranteed air sai. Eventually when they respect it enough you get free JIPs like the MK9 days. Lots of conditioning needed, though.
I've been doing the opposite lol. I do the air sai so often I actually forgot about the setup from just a telelkick even though I found it day 1 post patch.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Tele ~ Air Sai then run in grab is also nice.

Not sure if anybodies really messed around with this, but last night I used 124 and the 4 ended up going over a fallen opponent. Unfortunately I cannot replicate it, has anybody had this happen / knows more about it?

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
^I've yet to experience that--although I have seen my F3 on a downed opponent go over them WHILE they were waking up.

I was like wtf is that nonsense. ;P

Endding

^I've yet to experience that--although I have seen my F3 on a downed opponent go over them WHILE they were waking up.

I was like wtf is that nonsense. ;P
The amount of times I've been whiffed punished for misreading and going over them is crazy.

TheGabStandard

Tele ~ Air Sai then run in grab is also nice.

Not sure if anybodies really messed around with this, but last night I used 124 and the 4 ended up going over a fallen opponent. Unfortunately I cannot replicate it, has anybody had this happen / knows more about it?
I've never come across it. This has reminded me do people still use B34 xx telekick to reverse wakeups or is it ignored as F1/S3 is so strong as an anti-wakeup option

I've never come across it. This has reminded me do people still use B34 xx telekick to reverse wakeups or is it ignored as F1/S3 is so strong as an anti-wakeup option
No. I never use it. I haven't found a single combo where I get respectable damage AND can setup the Telekick. It's simply too much damage to drop. If I'm that afraid of wakeups, I'll just Uppercut or 124 to end combos with and send them full screen.

TheGabStandard

I use it on Cassie and Sub but that's about it.
I can see it being useful against Cassie.

No. I never use it. I haven't found a single combo where I get respectable damage AND can setup the Telekick. It's simply too much damage to drop. If I'm that afraid of wakeups, I'll just Uppercut or 124 to end combos with and send them full screen.
That is part of the reason why I don't really use it either. It might be something I look into the future.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Real talk, I feel like when I land a roll I'm only in position to combo about.... 50% of the time? How do you guys deal with this? Half the time I feel like I'm out of the range of b3, and in that case a njP certainly won't combo. Her hitboxes are so frustrating lol

Endding

Real talk, I feel like when I land a roll I'm only in position to combo about.... 50% of the time? How do you guys deal with this? Half the time I feel like I'm out of the range of b3, and in that case a njP certainly won't combo. Her hitboxes are so frustrating lol
Run in?

Unless you're Yolo Rolling, if you're anticipating them to get hit running in shouldn't be a problem. You could also try JiK.

Can't say I have this problem, but if you're really desperate you could always throw out a d2?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Run in?

Unless you're Yolo Rolling, if you're anticipating them to get hit running in shouldn't be a problem. You could also try JiK.

Can't say I have this problem, but if you're really desperate you could always throw out a d2?
I mean, it's more like I've rolled and it hit but I'm about jump distance away and need to combo. You suggest a jiK? If I didn't do that I'd assume not much else but a f23 would work?

Endding

I mean, it's more like I've rolled and it hit but I'm about jump distance away and need to combo. You suggest a jiK? If I didn't do that I'd assume not much else but a f23 would work?
Admittedly JiK is harder to land, but it is more damage.

TheGabStandard

Either walk forward to NJP like SunFire said, run cancel into b34 or go JK xx telekick combo or a JK xx air sai combo. Any of those options should help with this issue

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
I always just walk forward a little bit for to land B34 for more damage than NJP. You could run but sometimes depending on positioning you could overshoot if you're using B34.

Crimea

Noob
I always just walk forward a little bit for to land B34 for more damage than NJP.
but
roll - b34- air sai - b22 - pounce = 28%
roll - njp - b2 - b22 - pounce = 29%

for damage
roll - jik - tele - air sai - rc - b22 - pounce = 32%
roll - jik - tele - air sai - b2 - pounce = 31% without run cancel

Last edited:

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
but
roll - b34- air sai - b22 - pounce = 28%
roll - njp - b2 - b22 - pounce = 29%

for damage
roll - jik - tele - air sai - rc - b22 - pounce = 32%
roll - jik - tele - air sai - b2 - pounce = 31% without run cancel
Yeah I just read through Chance's thread after I posted that.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
If you combo into roll you can always get b34xx sai. The tricky part comes off AA roll, in which case you can always immediately dash in, njp.