What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
What could they possibly nerf that they could justify as necessary? I just don't understand how any of her tools could be seen as too strong. Am I missing something?
@theGabStandard, it's fade mixups. Yes, they are complaining. Yes, they're wanting her nerfed, yes they're wanting low sai mixups nerfed, & yes, they want Mileena nerfed. Anything that forces people to play good defense, they want it nerfed. They want to be able to always hit buttons. She's already a relatively unsafe character that is high risk/ reward as it is. You'll see in the future. I didn't want to say anything regarding my last post because I'm not a type of guy who likes to complain nor start trouble.

@EMPEROR_SunFire, No, roll is great for anti-airing, but I mean if someone NJP's or if you catch them going up & just so happened to hit them with D1, you can convert it into damage. It also helps as a combo extension to some moves too as well as more damage.

@ExpiredTrapLord , it's been like that now for years lol.
@ZeroEffect it wasn't directed at you. I was posting it to Method.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
There was. I remember playing a set with PBoard and he armored that gap every time. Right after that set I quit the game for a while.
No, I tested it myself... There wasn't a gap. Maybe it got removed in another patch.

NVM... I just realized that you actually meant the patch before this one. My bad lol.

True

From Scrubs to Pros
Mileena is going to be one of my new mains. Where do I go to learn everything I need to know?

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Mileena is going to be one of my new mains. Where do I go to learn everything I need to know?
This is good for general Mileena info:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-empress-of-outworld-mileena-strategy-guide.52356/

You can head into the individual general discussions for info/questions on each variation.

I'd recommend watching Saltface's Mileena on YouTube to get a grasp of how she is played. Another great set (albeit old) is Sonicfox vs. Zyphox on YouTube.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Anything into a Roll > B34 xxAir Saixx > B22, 1+3 is universal. It'll get you past 27 to 32% meterless damage in each variation, depending on the starter. In Piercing however, it's a little bit more tricky to time, but it's not too hard.

I still would take the Starter into roll & then NJP into B21, 1+3, Roll, B34 with air sais into B12, 1+3, DD2, or anything into Roll, B34 with air sais, & then B21, 1+3, though. So it just gives you another juggle option with a hard knockdown. It does however have potential to strengthen her Ex Roll combos, which is why I posted it.

Last edited:

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Quick question, how often are you guys back dashing as a wake-up and how often is it letting you guys escape pressure?

ExpiredCodes

It depends on the character I'm playing against. But backdashes in general are pretty easy to stuff in this game + Mileena's is horrible so I don't use it very often. I barely use it actually.
Which characters do you specifically avoid doing back dash against?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Which characters do you specifically avoid doing back dash against?
I use it against Mileena herself, backdash into whiff punisher is a great way to counter her F12B4 oki option, Reptile and I guess that's it lol. I also use it as a wake-up sometimes when I see my oponent jumped at me after a knockdown. I use it to avoid pressure after plus frames sometimes.

ExpiredCodes

I use it against Mileena herself, backdash into whiff punisher is a great way to counter her F12B4 oki option, Reptile and I guess that's it lol. I also use it as a wake-up sometimes when I see my oponent jumped at me after a knockdown. I use it to avoid pressure after plus frames sometimes.
I see, I think I'm going to try it out today to see if it's effective on at least someone else.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Quick question, how often are you guys back dashing as a wake-up and how often is it letting you guys escape pressure?
I back dash very often on wake-up, and it rarely works. I play against a lot of Kano, Johnny, Liu Kang, Erron, and Jin. I have a tough time escaping them with a backdash.

ExpiredCodes

After a couple hours in the lab I've found out that back dash is an "okay" answer to Ermac's pressure. Depending on their timing, his F4 will whiff and you can punish him for it. If they do it before you back dash it'll whiff and if they do right after you back dash it will land. You can get away from Goro pretty easily though. And as SunFire said it works well against Mileena's F12B4 oki and Reptile. That's it though, back dash is pretty terrible lol. I did try out everyone else and they were all able to stuff it pretty easily.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Depends who I'm facing but I oddly find myself doing it often when cornered. I know it sounds crazy but when I'm knocked down in the corner and see my opponent blocking just as I'm about to getup they obviously are assuming I'm going to wake up EX Roll. When I see that I backdash which will bait a button press and immediately EX Roll to armour through their poke. I'll admit its super risky and won't get away with it for too long but at the moment I have a decent amount of success in doing it.

ExpiredCodes

Depends who I'm facing but I oddly find myself doing it often when cornered. I know it sounds crazy but when I'm knocked down in the corner and see my opponent blocking just as I'm about to getup they obviously are assuming I'm going to wake up EX Roll. When I see that I backdash which will bait a button press and immediately EX Roll to armour through their poke. I'll admit its super risky and won't get away with it for too long but at the moment I have a decent amount of success in doing it.
I'm going to try this out.