What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

nodq

wicked
They made the recovery of her grabs on hit faster, it was a slight change, but you can feel the difference, it's not like she gets a set-up or anything, but the recovery was awful pre-patch.
But how does that change anything? And why are the frame data the same in the game. What does that mean when the grab hits, it hits and they are in a combo already, why do i need hit adv. then? Could you please explain me that with an example maybe?

i could feel the new hitbox of the bite jump in Rav immediatly and tell the difference. But not so for her grabs.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I thought all you guys died or something. Wasn't getting any alerts from any Mileena thread! Anyways great finds so far guys! I'll try to experiment tomorrow before work.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
But how does that change anything? And why are the frame data the same in the game. What does that mean when the grab hits, it hits and they are in a combo already, why do i need hit adv. then? Could you please explain me that with an example maybe?

i could feel the new hitbox of the bite jump in Rav immediatly and tell the difference. But not so for her grabs.
Her buffs to her grabs had nothing to do with her startup or whiff recovery, it had to do with the amount of frames Mileena had to move before her opponent could after LANDING the grab. Before this buff, on certain parts of her ravenous grabs, the opponent actually recovered before she did on hit. Now Mileena will always have frame advantage after landing her command grabs.

nodq

wicked
Her buffs to her grabs had nothing to do with her startup or whiff recovery, it had to do with the amount of frames Mileena had to move before her opponent could after LANDING the grab. Before this buff, on certain parts of her ravenous grabs, the opponent actually recovered before she did on hit. Now Mileena will always have frame advantage after landing her command grabs.
Yah thats what i understood about it and tested. And it feels exactly the same as before, you pretty much recover at the same time as the opponent. And like i said, the frame data are the same as before they didnt change at all. all other moves had it changed. Her b22 ride is now very much + after it landed, thats how it shows in frame data too and how you feel it and see it. not so for her pounces.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
The frame data on hit of low pounce and high pounce has always been wrong. -149 on hit? No wonder why they didn't rewrite it in new patch. I actually had to test to estimate the hit advantage.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Ethereal is a lot more useful, now. Ravenous I knew that they were going to change this. So now, with the stuff that can be fleshed out, Mileena may have universal use within the scene.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Ethereal is a lot more useful, now. Ravenous I knew that they were going to change this. So now, with the stuff that can be fleshed out, Mileena may have universal use within the scene.
New post, new avatar :p

I wish I wasn't working so I can try out all these changes

Reactions: JDE

JDE

New post, new avatar :p

I wish I wasn't working so I can try out all these changes
Lol I've had this one for about a week & some change :p

Ethereal now has mixup opportunities. I'm going to explore more of it sometime today. Her & Scorpion. Scorpion was nerfed a bit.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Lol I've had this one for about a week & some change :p

Ethereal now has mixup opportunities. I'm going to explore more of it sometime today. Her & Scorpion. Scorpion was nerfed a bit.
Agree with that, on top of that the damage output might be better with EX Fade being involved.

JDE

Is anyone else finding that Raiden cannot do anything after F12 now?

JDE

Yup! She's got some new toys in Ethereal. Just have to be good with building meter while managing. Only thing. Definitely has 50/50s, good mixups, & good damage now. Starting to pick up some new combo links.

JDE

guys, with the ex fade buff and the b2 and b221+3 buff I think ethereal might be her best variation.
Not yet. It's definitely a good variation to use, but you still have to be cautious of the cons of the variation. You'll have to rely much more on meter in this variation than the other 2. That's the #1 con of this variation along with a bit of a slower footsies tool.

This may be her best mixup variation now, but still since piercing has the low sais & sais that reaches even with NJP, it's hard to really say. Plus, you have more ticking options off of Ravenous.

BUT while in the lab for Ethereal, I found these:

123 Ex Fade guarantees 123 & 21 options as follow ups into roll
F4 Ex Fade guaranteed 123 & 21 with roll
F14 (NOW has use to it) Ex Fade into same options
B12, B21, B22 all do the same.

She also have safe options on block too, which makes her harder to deal with.

I'm going to see what she can do on wake up before I go more into finding combos.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Not yet. It's definitely a good variation to use, but you still have to be cautious of the cons of the variation. You'll have to rely much more on meter in this variation than the other 2. That's the #1 con of this variation along with a bit of a slower footsies tool.

This may be her best mixup variation now, but still since piercing has the low sais & sais that reaches even with NJP, it's hard to really say. Plus, you have more ticking options off of Ravenous.

BUT while in the lab for Ethereal, I found these:

123 Ex Fade guarantees 123 & 21 options as follow ups into roll
F4 Ex Fade guaranteed 123 & 21 with roll
F14 (NOW has use to it) Ex Fade into same options
B12, B21, B22 all do the same.

She also have safe options on block too, which makes her harder to deal with.

I'm going to see what she can do on wake up before I go more into finding combos.
it is very meter dependent but on the flip side her mixups are a lot safer then just throwing out low sai, ex roll, or pounce. plus b2 is a great footsie tool and with meter b22 ex fade is like plus 4 so your sacrificing a good footsie tool for an alright footsie tool that gives plus frames and better mixups.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
IMO Ethereal is very good now, her anti zoning and zoning are a little bitt better than Ravenous, but the fact that she can combo off her low (F4~EX forward fade 123~roll) is huge IMO, people will fear her even more now with a bar after a knockdown. And she finally gets a good whiff punisher with B2. Also her frame traps are great, she gets a lot of options after F3, F34, F14, 21, 123, F23 into EX fade. All combo into 21~roll on hit and on block she is very +.