What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Rather ask this in here than a general forum to avoid any bitchfest but can a character cause lag? Asking because I don't recall facing one Scorpion since the XL release that hasn't been laggy. Maybe its just coincidence or maybe the lag is just noticeable a little more with him.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Rather ask this in here than a general forum to avoid any bitchfest but can a character cause lag? Asking because I don't recall facing one Scorpion since the XL release that hasn't been laggy. Maybe its just coincidence or maybe the lag is just noticeable a little more with him.
scorpion players and clown shoe connections have gone together since the beginning of time.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I don't think Ravenous has really ever been slept on. Up until Saltface had his startling revelation on the godliness of piercing this forum has been pretty evenly divided on which was the better variation. In fact for awhile I'd say majority leaned towards Ravenous in the early days.

guys, can you enlighten me on how to use b12 properly?
after b12 I can walk back and punish pokes, against high atacks i can do d4 to get adv, but against advancind mid's and fast d4i realy dont know what to do.
what are mileena ofensive options? on a hard read is it possible to punish it?
and what are you covering when you do b12 into b12?
thank you!!!!
:):)

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
guys, can you enlighten me on how to use b12 properly?
after b12 I can walk back and punish pokes, against high atacks i can do d4 to get adv, but against advancind mid's and fast d4i realy dont know what to do.
what are mileena ofensive options? on a hard read is it possible to punish it?
and what are you covering when you do b12 into b12?
thank you!!!!
:):)
First, it's all about spacing my friend. B12 at a range where quick pokes can be whiff punished or d1/3/4 to continue pressure if they don't have a good 7 frame poke or try an advancing string. B1 into throw, d1/3/4, or whatever other frame trap when they're hesitant to let go of block because of 2. Even b12xx sai works to prolong your turn, because again, they'll be hesitant to let go of block due to the sai, use that opportunity to go in. Sai is also only -8 now so it's relatively safe, especially if your throw it out every now and again. The opponent would have to really be hunting for it, plus they'd need a quick reversal to catch it.

Once you dominate neutral with b1(2), Mileena has free reign of that space so get creative with your pressure. Do they want to press buttons in your face continually? Whiff punish, frame trap or just block to gauge what they're doing. Delay their buttons? Rush them down. Back off? Push them into the corner for space advantage. Jump out? Anti-air. It's all about micro-reads. Yes, you're not going to guess what they're going to do everytime, or even half the time, heck you may even guess wrong entirely and get punished, so setup that opportunity to open up your opponent when it matters most. Stay patient, keep your nerves, and make it count.

In the previous version Mileena could go ham with b12 pressure because it was +2 on block, now you have to anticipate what your opponent may do to continue pressure. It's +20ish on hit so use that time to run up and frame trap, or if you have the reactions hit confirm into roll, optimized, meterless, damage is 34% if I'm not mistaken. With that said , don't shy away from f1, 12(3), all of which are +2 on block.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
There's funny thing I found out: B12 on block at almost max range will put her so far away from opponents that her 8f d3 and 6f d1 won't reach. You also outrange a lot of low pokes in this game but you're -1, so watch out for long range high and mid, don't machine gun B12 d3 or B12 B12 like you did in previous patch.
Even b12xx sai works to prolong your turn, because again, they'll be hesitant to let go of block due to the sai, use that opportunity to go in. Sai is also only -8 now so it's relatively safe, especially if your throw it out every now and again
You mean the ex sai? regular sai is -11 on block. HOWEVER B12 at max range will make it slightly less minus and I think only a few characters can punish that. Space yourself and go crazy with regular sai

First, it's all about spacing my friend. B12 at a range where quick pokes can be whiff punished or d1/3/4 to continue pressure if they don't have a good 7 frame poke or try an advancing string. B1 into throw, d1/3/4, or whatever other frame trap when they're hesitant to let go of block because of 2. Even b12xx sai works to prolong your turn, because again, they'll be hesitant to let go of block due to the sai, use that opportunity to go in. Sai is also only -8 now so it's relatively safe, especially if your throw it out every now and again. The opponent would have to really be hunting for it, plus they'd need a quick reversal to catch it.

Once you dominate neutral with b1(2), Mileena has free reign of that space so get creative with your pressure. Do they want to press buttons in your face continually? Whiff punish, frame trap or just block to gauge what they're doing. Delay their buttons? Rush them down. Back off? Push them into the corner for space advantage. Jump out? Anti-air. It's all about micro-reads. Yes, you're not going to guess what they're going to do everytime, or even half the time, heck you may even guess wrong entirely and get punished, so setup that opportunity to open up your opponent when it matters most. Stay patient, keep your nerves, and make it count.

In the previous version Mileena could go ham with b12 pressure because it was +2 on block, now you have to anticipate what your opponent may do to continue pressure. It's +20ish on hit so use that time to run up and frame trap, or if you have the reactions hit confirm into roll, optimized, meterless, damage is 34% if I'm not mistaken. With that said , don't shy away from f1, 12(3), all of which are +2 on block.
hey, thank you for clarify it for me! :)
its so many possibilities, its pretty hard to use mileena
i ll give it a try! thank you again!

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
There's funny thing I found out: B12 on block at almost max range will put her so far away from opponents that her 8f d3 and 6f d1 won't reach. You also outrange a lot of low pokes in this game but you're -1, so watch out for long range high and mid, don't machine gun B12 d3 or B12 B12 like you did in previous patch.

You mean the ex sai? regular sai is -11 on block. HOWEVER B12 at max range will make it slightly less minus and I think only a few characters can punish that. Space yourself and go crazy with regular sai
You're forgetting they removed 3 recovery frames from sai.

hey, thank you for clarify it for me! :)
its so many possibilities, its pretty hard to use mileena
i ll give it a try! thank you again!
You're welcome. There's a lot to footsies, so take it step by step.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
What the hell was that? lol.
Hmm, J1 beating her own Roll... Need to show this to the people claiming Roll is a super good anti-Air
Gab was stuffing my roll with j2 in other games, handful of jump normals crush the roll, jax, sub, kung, jason some other chars aswell, still prop best meterless aa tool in game though haha