What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
What do you all think about the 50/50 between b1 and iaDK? Is it easily fuzzied? I know both options are unsafe but could also be very rewarding. I'm really new to Superman so I don't know how to use him yet, but I'm just curious if this is actually useful.

I was about to mention this. It seems similar to how Reptile's 32~invisibility catches people off guard but these strings actually give advantage. 3~trait is enough advantage for a free f23 :)
B1~[MB] Breath is a safe low option. The dive is punishable but you get 73% if you land it. It's not a standard mix-up tool, but rather a one shot all or nothing that you should use either on their 1st lifebar or when they have no clash. It's definitely not going to work everytime, but when it does the damage is incredible - so best pull it out when they can't wager.

Raynex

So I'm just about done with the Hard Knockdown Guide I'm going to release, and I stumbled upon a number of ridiculous things. Some are potentially groundbreaking, and others are useless. Here are a few teasers:

- In the corner, hit your opponent with D3. Immediately perform BF+3 (flying punch) and it will cross-up!

- j.d3 is an ACTUAL cross-up in a variety of setups. Try this: F2D13 at point blank, dash once, IAGS (aka j.D3). The j.D3 should be so fast you shouldn't even see your jump occur. I tried blocking it while i recorded the dummy doing it to me. It works midscreen and you get combos midscreen. You'll see me cover this in the guide.

- The untechable knockdown situation is really really really good. Have you guys ever tried doing F2D13 or B23 and dashing forward and grabbing? You can grab your opponent while they're still laying face first on the ground. It's the weirdest shit and impossible to see coming unless you've done it a few times. Try it to see what I mean!

yeah, meaty grabs in this game are hella weird. it looks (illusion) as if they otg

so i sometimes end my combos after swoop sometimes with d3, and oki with either iad 3 or iad nothing into grab

curious to see ur tech Raynex

Xstreme

Help me out of this scrub-hole.
Hi, I made an account just to reply to what Raynex has been saying (kudos to you man, great findings!)
I tried expanding on the instant air ground slam, and it is mad crazy in the corner.
You can do stuff like F23xxtrait,3xxsuper breath and then follow with IAGS, 3xx super breath MB, heat zap, f2d1, 3xxlow scoop, 3xx super breath to do about 90% combined damage for 1 meter.

Obviously the combo that I posted isn't that great so you can probably get even more damage out of it.

Raynex

The only qualm I'd have with something like that is they can block it and punish you heavily, while simultaneously moving themselves out of the corner. If you complete your combo you can still get 68% plus an untechable knockdown in your favour, while keeping your opponent helpless and at your feet. The risk for the 90% isn't ultimately worth it in my eyes. Though I didn't know you could even reset out of [MB] Breath, cool find! Another issue is that your reset has no low option to strengthen the mix-up. Once they get hit by that dive overhead, it's never going to happen again. They have no reason to ever block low while being frozen, so they'll just forever hold back if the situation arises again (and please don't say you'll use scoop lol). The 2 meters used is also kind of costly, you can definitely do 90% resets without em.

I'm confident that Superman's corner strategy and strength lies in doing 60+ damage, knocking them down, and doing wacky airdash or cross-up setups to land the next hit then kill them, without risking your positioning and life lead at all.

Xstreme

The reset isn't out of the MB breath its just a normal breath that puts them on the ground (they can roll out of that though can they?) Otherwise you could use MB breath into d3 for the untechable knockdown. Using 223, 3xxtrait, 3xxsuperbreath (non-MB) into the followup I said earlier you can get over 100% although it's probably unnecessary unless you are into the opponent's second bar.

But yeah I agree with what you said. Superman does more than enough damage to go for risky stuff

Raynex

Ah my apologies. I saw Super Breath and equated super = [MB] version. Might be time to sleep for me hah

Might I suggest doing a meterless combo into 3~Breath, THEN j.D3. That way you don't waste your trait if they block your dive. I did it today against a friend actually. Something like:

F23~Heat Zap, F2D1x3, 3~scoop, 3~Breath, (opponent tech rolls), IAGS, 3~Trait, 3~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, F2D1, 3~scoop, 3~Breath

This way you lose no meter or trait if they defend correctly against the IAGS. I get what you're saying now though.

Xstreme

Ah my apologies. I saw Super Breath and equated super = [MB] version. Might be time to sleep for me hah

Might I suggest doing a meterless combo into 3~Breath, THEN j.D3. That way you don't waste your trait if they block your dive. I did it today against a friend actually. Something like:

F23~Heat Zap, F2D1x3, 3~scoop, 3~Breath, (opponent tech rolls), IAGS, 3~Trait, 3~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, F2D1, 3~scoop, 3~Breath

This way you lose no meter or trait if they defend correctly against the IAGS. I get what you're saying now though.
That is much better than mine, I was just trying to get my point out and failed miserably. Thanks for that Raynex. Now if only people in Australia other than me played this damn game...

Raynex

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
So I'm just about done with the Hard Knockdown Guide I'm going to release, and I stumbled upon a number of ridiculous things. Some are potentially groundbreaking, and others are useless. Here are a few teasers:

- In the corner, hit your opponent with D3. Immediately perform BF+3 (flying punch) and it will cross-up!

- j.d3 is an ACTUAL cross-up in a variety of setups. Try this: F2D13 at point blank, dash once, IAGS (aka j.D3). The j.D3 should be so fast you shouldn't even see your jump occur. I tried blocking it while i recorded the dummy doing it to me. It works midscreen and you get combos midscreen. You'll see me cover this in the guide.

- The untechable knockdown situation is really really really good. Have you guys ever tried doing F2D13 or B23 and dashing forward and grabbing? You can grab your opponent while they're still laying face first on the ground. It's the weirdest shit and impossible to see coming unless you've done it a few times. Try it to see what I mean!
Raynex dude i wish you could a strategy and tactics/setups guide for Superman and put the hard knockdown as a part of that guide. You are my go to guy together with the All star Guide on learning him. Keep up your excellent work.

MrAvA

Smashing.
I kinda wish they show more of superman's abilities and not just F23 or half ass combos. If I can do 69-78% corner bnb online then they can do it too. I don't get why people still don't punish superman's F23 or simply back dash. I just hope people won't see superman as a dead brain character to win easy matches because there so much more but I guess its too late.

Raynex

I kinda wish they show more of superman's abilities and not just F23 or half ass combos. If I can do 69-78% corner bnb online then they can do it too. I don't get why people still don't punish superman's F23 or simply back dash. I just hope people won't see superman as a dead brain character to win easy matches because there so much more but I guess its too late.
Don't worry, one of us will finally get on a stream at a major and show em how its really done.

Have you seen Tyrant's Superman? He's pretty good.

MrAvA

Smashing.
Have you seen Tyrant's Superman? He's pretty good.
I played Tyrant last week and surprise myself when I out footies and keep way him, he still won both set because he out combo me because I couldn't hit my bnb because of nerves. Can I beat his superman? Yes. Am I better a better player than him? God no, not even close. He gonna drop superman because he doesn't like the character anymore, I think he wants to main Grundy. No disrespect to him I still think hes a great player but not a great superman player and I hope one of us will show the Injustice community how strong superman really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.