What's new

Combo List - Kano The Kano Kombo Thread 2.0

Jupe

Noob
b312 njp b12db1 <--- after that portion how high can you go using 1 bar ? this is an awesome find btw
I got to 45% with 11exdb1 jip 112bf3. I couldn't land 112 into exdb1 as they were already too low and the gravity is starting to be too high. This isn't optimal for 1+bar combo, as the njp early in the combo scales it the whole combo down too much. b312 b312 112exdb1 njp 112 bf3 is still the optimal 1 bar combo for 48% afaik.

Jupe

Noob
Those aren't optimal:
112dd3ex b312 b312 112bf3 is 50% for 1 bar
112dd3EX f212 b12db1 112db1ex ji1 112bf3 is 58% for 2 bars
112dd3ex b312 b312 112db1ex ji1 112bf3 is 60% or 61% for 2 bars, can't remember

These work against all hitboxes. I'm not saying these are optimal either, just saying 48% for 1 bar and 57% for 2 bars aren't optimal.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Is there a faster way to upload Youtube videos using a Xbone instead of having to using Upload first to convert? I have some new Kano vids i Like to share.

Last edited:

Jupe

Noob
my corner games
This is a good start but these are very unoptimal. You're spending a lot of meter for 40% or so. For example using ex kanoball in combos is rarely worth it especially in the corner as it scales the damage heavily, thus only adding 2-3% extra damage.. Also you shouldn't have this many different combos, just learn one optimal or close to optimal combo that you can do consistently and use that one.

EDIT: here are some examples that you can use:

Inputs and damage for the combos in the order they were in the video:

b13db1 b312 b312 112bf3 38% meterless, hard
b13db1 b312 b312 112db3MB njp 112bf3 47% 1 bar, hard
b13db1 b312 32 112bf3 35% meterless, easier
b13db1 b312 32 112 db3MB njp 112bf3 43% 1 bar, easier

These combos are fairly optimal afaik. I use the double b312 combos offline and b312 32 112 online for consistency purposes. You should learn 2 of these combos: one meterless and one 1 bar combo and that should be enough.

Last edited:

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I like to find out new stuff with Kano. Some of the optimum combos are nice in here. I usually do this 1, 1,2 lazer, 2,4 ex bomb into njp, forward jump punch, rstand combo then either go for a grab or low starter afterward.

threads pretty dead.. I tried Kano for the first time yesterday No one using restands in the corner with cybernetic?

B31 xx DB1, B312, 11, 11, 112 xx DB3 (EX), jip, B13 1+3. 40ish% restand.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
threads pretty dead.. I tried Kano for the first time yesterday No one using restands in the corner with cybernetic?

b312 32 112 db3 EX njp b13 1+3 is slightly more I think. Also I always restand if I have the bar to go for block string into EX knives. If I don't I might go for the extra damge.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

If you want max damage its [starter] db1 b312 b1, b1, b1, 112 up laser ex nip f3 1+3
Edit: does about 42-45% i think more like 43-45

UPR_Nova

Noob
Don't know how Kano mains will feel about it but the Commando 1bar corner combo should be the following IMO:
B312, b1, 3 xx EX Blade Throw, 112 xx Rib Strike for 44%

The 32 in the OP adds inconsistencies to the timing as there is a sweet spot that needs to be accomplished, not too high because the second knife in blade toss will go under the opponent and not too low because you can't get the 112 to convert. Simply doing 3 into EX blade toss allows you to ignore the timing (for the most part) and do the exact same damage for one less hit. Although minimal, the opponent builds less meter and you have an easier time doing the combo, well, at least I do. Win-win in my book.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Just wanted to show off my personal combos for cyber. Most of them seem to be on par with whats here. Maybe easier to execute and no weird hitbox issues. Maybe you will find one that you dont do and now will. I personally like the corner carry where your opponet is close to the corner. Adds a couple extra percent and i hardly see anyone do it.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Just wanted to show off my personal combos for cyber. Most of them seem to be on par with whats here. Maybe easier to execute and no weird hitbox issues. Maybe you will find one that you dont do and now will. I personally like the corner carry where your opponet is close to the corner. Adds a couple extra percent and i hardly see anyone do it.
Awesome. I'll take a watch when I'm on better service than the KIT venue.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hi all, just started playing Commando.

So I was watching Ketchup and Mustards video on Commando and they said Ex Ball cancel, dash, NJP was pretty tight to do consistently. A reliable way to get it every time is to run then crouch cancel the run then do instant jump punch. It means you don't have to be perfect with your ball cancel timing and can get away with sloppier execution. It's easier on Hitbox of course, but it's what I'm doing and it works great. The input is just F,F+BLK, D,U,2. Basically for Hitbox users it's like plinking but the up and down button however you don't have to be super fast, if you do it too fast you won't reach the opponent lol. I practice by doing it raw then doing it again so I get a double NJP combo lol, took 5 minutes to get it down consistently.

Don't know who to tag, not that familiar with the Kano community yet lol.
Just trying to help.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hi all, just started playing Commando.

So I was watching Ketchup and Mustards video on Commando and they said Ex Ball cancel, dash, NJP was pretty tight to do consistently. A reliable way to get it every time is to run then crouch cancel the run then do instant jump punch. It means you don't have to be perfect with your ball cancel timing and can get away with sloppier execution. It's easier on Hitbox of course, but it's what I'm doing and it works great. The input is just F,F+BLK, D,U,2. Basically for Hitbox users it's like plinking but the up and down button however you don't have to be super fast, if you do it too fast you won't reach the opponent lol. I practice by doing it raw then doing it again so I get a double NJP combo lol, took 5 minutes to get it down consistently.

Don't know who to tag, not that familiar with the Kano community yet lol.
Just trying to help.
Yeah it's a known method but I find it even harder to pull off on a pad so I'm screwed lol

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah it's a known method but I find it even harder to pull off on a pad so I'm screwed lol
Suppose you could cancel the run with block or something but you need to be precise af lol. Like, plink block and up.
#HitboxMasterRace