What's new

Combo List - Kano The Kano Kombo Thread 2.0

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Has anybody broken 50% mid screen with Cutthroat yet? I've got 49% 2 bars with (I think) b12-power up-b12-ex slice-NJP-rc-112-ball, but the last couple of hits were in the corner so it might not be a real mid screen. B121-slice seems to increase the gravity too much for the run cancel-112 to connect, but I'm not very good at that run cancel anyway, so maybe somebody else can try?
http://testyourmight.com/threads/ggs-everyone.55728/
52% MIDSCREEN 2 bars
B12xxdd3EX f212 RC 11xxdb1 112xxdb1Ex 11xxbf3

I'm sure this can be optimized more
http://testyourmight.com/threads/ggs-everyone.55728/
Cybernetic is still the best with Commando being great for most match ups in my opinion! 40+% with one bar in Cyber!
Uh Cybernetic was never the best and most definitely isn't now.

Youphemism

I've heard everyone say each variation is better than the other two.
Personally. I still think Commando is best.
Cutthroat has better tools than the other variations though.

Most damage - Cutthroat
50/50 / OH/low mixups - Cutthroat
Safety - Cutthroat gets B121 which is neutral, Cyber's 1+3 and 2+4 enders aren't safe, Commando gets choke which is negative but safe

It beats the other variations in every way except for having mid projectiles, but even then it doesn't matter because EX knives in Cutthroat (and Commando) is a mid and is even more plus.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'

Most damage - Cutthroat
Safety - Cutthroat gets B121 which is neutral, Cyber's 1+3 and 2+4 enders aren't safe, Commando gets choke which is negative but safe

It beats the other variations in every way except for having mid projectiles, but even then it doesn't matter because EX knives in Cutthroat (and Commando) is a mid and is even more plus.
Yeah, but I just play better as Commando ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Most damage - Cutthroat

Commando has best defense, ability to punish holes in strings and wake up game. Not saying he's the best (anymore) just saying he has tools as well.

Youphemism

Commando has best defense, ability to punish holes in strings and wake up game. Not saying he's the best (anymore) just saying he has tools as well.
Well Kano's kind of a defensive character in some ways so Commando having the best defence isn't that much of a big deal. Plus you've also got to make the right read for his defence or it's mega punish time. You can punish holes in strings in all of his variations, but I will give you probably best wakeup game.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So in case someone wants to wonder why I'm not updating the OP's, I'm giving it another day because I hate doing work when I can't breathe

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Well Kano's kind of a defensive character in some ways so Commando having the best defence isn't that much of a big deal. Plus you've also got to make the right read for his defence or it's mega punish time. You can punish holes in strings in all of his variations, but I will give you probably best wakeup game.
I was hoping this was the patch to really push commando ahead of the others but ct is def the strongest now.

Youphemism

I was hoping this was the patch to really push commando ahead of the others but ct is def the strongest now.
I mean it always was, he was pretty balanced before since Cyber wasn't that far behind but now it's just no contest. I can't believe after changing so many characters so well they mess with Kano like this lmao.

delbuster

hungry
@Youphemism
don't think that's optimal.

b12 activate f212 f212 run 112 exDB1 run 112 ball does 55% (if both hits of ball hit)

nvm; only works if it carries to corner LOL

Youphemism

@Youphemism
don't think that's optimal.

b12 activate f212 f212 run 112 exDB1 run 112 ball does 55% (if both hits of ball hit)

nvm; only works if it carries to corner LOL
Yeah that's spacing specific, that's why my combos start from the other corner to show they work anywhere.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Posted this in the General Discussion, too:
Mid screen, he can still get mid-40% damage with a simple opener into the EX DD3. (B12-EX Buff-F212-F212-rc-112-Kano Ball does 42%)
Corner, now 52-57% for two bars. (112-EX DD3-B312-32-112-EX DB1-NJP-112-Kano Ball is the 57% corner) This afternoon, I got max 60% in the corner for two bars.
I feel this new damage scaling isn't that bad... And the combos I listed above are pretty basic.

Edit: Whoops, didn't take into account the new health drain. My bad guys.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Seriously though what a fucking buzzkill, a few more % is not worth dealing 15% to yourself unless its gonna win you the game, I feel cutthroat is already back at square one again.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, CT's buff now does 15% even when MB'd.. That.. I.. I feel like that makes it useless? I mean, MKX is a game that revolves around huge damage conversions and having to piss away 15% of the your health is too big a sacrifice IMO.. I mean, considering most characters can do it without having to punch themselves in the face.

So much disappointment. I'm not saying the crazy damage off safe 50/50 option stuff wasn't too much, I'm just saying the damage coulda been scaled back, changed in some way that didnt make it useless. =/

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Anyone have anything better than 27/28% on commando 32,1+3 EX? And please don't link me a YouTube video with death metal.