What's new

THE FLASH - series trailer hits Tonight (8PM EST) during Arrow finale on CW, hype?!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Hyped as fuck for the Arrow finale, can't wait to see Deathstroke finally get his moment to shine.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
yes, because agents of shields is amazing l0l
Yes, and they don't have 3 more shows coming out, as well as more animated series than DC. On top of the amount of movies they are producing and planning, which DC has not even touched yet. We barely even made it into phase 3 with Marvel studios. Look at their comic sales for the past months, they are been getting better and better than what DC has been pulling. Look at the books they come out with, some of which are diverse, and they take risks unlike DC. Look at their events, which they know how to do right, unlike DC. Example, Infinity vs Forever Evil(which is still going on). I love DC, but they are a disappointment. The Flash comic has gone down in quality since the original creative left. They unnecessarily changed Wally West to being bi-racial (spitting in the face of Wally West fans), just so they can show how diverse they are. But they have a ton of Milestone characters that are black, but are being unused. They don't know how to market their new books unless it's Batman or Superman related, which is why they end up getting cancelled. Unlike Marvel, which actually sometimes give away the number 1 of newer comics, at no extra charge just to put it out there so people would be interested it in. So yeah DC is a huge disappointment.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Yes, and they don't have 3 more shows coming out, as well as more animated series than DC. On top of the amount of movies they are producing and planning, which DC has not even touched yet. We barely even made it into phase 3 with Marvel studios. Look at their comic sales for the past months, they are been getting better and better than what DC has been pulling. Look at the books they come out with, some of which are diverse, and they take risks unlike DC. Look at their events, which they know how to do right, unlike DC. Example, Infinity vs Forever Evil(which is still going on). I love DC, but they are a disappointment. The Flash comic has gone down in quality since the original creative left. They unnecessarily changed Wally West to being bi-racial (spitting in the face of Wally West fans), just so they can show how diverse they are. But they have a ton of Milestone characters that are black, but are being unused. They don't know how to market their new books unless it's Batman or Superman related, which is why they end up getting cancelled. Unlike Marvel, which actually sometimes give away the number 1 of newer comics, at no extra charge just to put it out there so people would be interested it in. So yeah DC is a huge disappointment.
You say DC takes no risk then you criticize them for changing Wally's race (which frankly has nothing to do with character). They re-booted their entire universe. That's a pretty big risk. And I'm pretty sure they don't have the Milestone rights anymore.

Marvel has more shows & movies because they have ol' Walt's money backing them. So thank Disney, not Marvel for that. lol Hate DC all you want but Superman & Batman are the only reason comics in general are even relevent to this day.

Last edited:

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
You say DC takes no risk then you criticize them for changing Wally's race (which frankly has nothing to do with character). They re-booted their entire universe. That's a pretty big risk. And I'm pretty sure they don't have the Milestone rights anymore.

Marvel has more shows & movies because they have ol' Walt's money backing them. So thank Disney, not Marvel for that. lol Hate DC all you want but Superman & Batman are the only reason comics in general are even relevent to this day.
Changing Wally's race was not necessary. What reason did they have to do it? To be diverse? How insulting is it to Wally fans, to first have their character be put on the back burner once Barry comes back, and make him out to be useless in comparison? Then they reboot the whole universe, and have him out just so Barry can have some shine. Then when you say you're going to bring him back, you change him from that red haired freckled kid with a good personality to a black kid, with an attitude, that looks up to his criminal uncle, hates the flash, and cops, and is going to need a good upstanding white man to make him a better person for society. Yeah that is soooo much better.

That was no risk. If they wanted to be diverse. Make a new character, and promote him. You have Static, relaunch his title. You have Simon Baz, a middle eastern Green Lantern. What did they do with him? They wasted his potential, put him in one arc, then on a book that barely showed him, and ended up with it getting cancelled. Give Cyborg his own solo. Promote books with minority characters, and give them a good creative team. Release something that is new. That is taking a risk. Look at Marvel, they released a new Ms. Marvel, and promoted the hell out of the book, and have it a great creative team. Look at how well it is doing. Look at how many new books Marvel is pushing out. Hell even Storm is getting a Solo, and it has one of the best writers on it.

I admit the New 52 was a big risk, but it was only diverse in it's first year. They killed themselves with bad books, bad promotions, and terrible writers/artists.

DC has Time Warner, which is almost as big as Disney backing them. And you're telling me they can't do the same thing? I don't hate DC, I actually love it, but I acknowledge how poorly they are doing. That was true in the past but now that it's not the same.

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
I can't wait for the Arrow finale and the preview of Flash. the only thing I don't like about Flash is who the actor is. My sister knew who he was. I asked and she says he's from Glee......yeah, no on that for me. Also, he looks nothing like Flash. Whether its Berry or Wally, he doesn't fit. To me at least.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Changing Wally's race was not necessary. What reason did they have to do it? To be diverse? How insulting is it to Wally fans, to first have their character be put on the back burner once Barry comes back, and make him out to be useless in comparison? Then they reboot the whole universe, and have him out just so Barry can have some shine. Then when you say you're going to bring him back, you change him from that red haired freckled kid with a good personality to a black kid, with an attitude, that looks up to his criminal uncle, hates the flash, and cops, and is going to need a good upstanding white man to make him a better person for society. Yeah that is soooo much better.

That was no risk. If they wanted to be diverse. Make a new character, and promote him. You have Static, relaunch his title. You have Simon Baz, a middle eastern Green Lantern. What did they do with him? They wasted his potential, put him in one arc, then on a book that barely showed him, and ended up with it getting cancelled. Give Cyborg his own solo. Promote books with minority characters, and give them a good creative team. Release something that is new. That is taking a risk. Look at Marvel, they released a new Ms. Marvel, and promoted the hell out of the book, and have it a great creative team. Look at how well it is doing. Look at how many new books Marvel is pushing out. Hell even Storm is getting a Solo, and it has one of the best writers on it.

I admit the New 52 was a big risk, but it was only diverse in it's first year. They killed themselves with bad books, bad promotions, and terrible writers/artists.

DC has Time Warner, which is almost as big as Disney backing them. And you're telling me they can't do the same thing? I don't hate DC, I actually love it, but I acknowledge how poorly they are doing. That was true in the past but now that it's not the same.
Time Warner has n0 where near as much money as Disney. They can't afford to make a $250, 000 movie, watch it bomb, and shrug it off as if it were nothing. Disney can.

Wally's race has nothing to do with his character. He's not everyone's favourite Flash because he's white. Or has red hair. It's his personality that people love. You've seen 1 issue with New52 Wally and already passed judgement on him without giving them any chance to develop the character.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with a Marvel troll. Wally's going to be mixed-race in the Flash show too so there's something you can look forward to.:DOGE

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Time Warner has n0 where near as much money as Disney. They can't afford to make a $250, 000 movie, watch it bomb, and shrug it off as if it were nothing. Disney can.

Wally's race has nothing to do with his character. He's not everyone's favourite Flash because he's white. Or has red hair. It's his personality that people love. You've seen 1 issue with New52 Wally and already passed judgement on him without giving them any chance to develop the character.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with a Marvel troll. Wally's going to be mixed-race in the Flash show too so there's something you can look forward to.:DOGE
But they still have money, and they have the resources to make good movies, and put multiple out. Comic movies cost more than $250,000 to make. Hell most movies cost more than a million to make.

But his look is apart of who he is. It's as iconic as he is. It's one of his most recognizable features. And how is replacing him with a stereotyped black character any better? Why could they have not made a new character instead? But they instead decide to dick over us Wally West fans.

Are you done arguing because you have nothing else to say, because what I said was right? How am I a Marvel troll, when I just said I previously said that I love DC? Are you stupid or what?

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Fuck The Flash
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to troll, I can tell you I don't have patience. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you retract your statement now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to troll, I can tell you I don't have patience. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you retract your statement now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Nah, I'm gonna keep that statement. The Flash comics have gone down in quality since Manapul, and Buccellato left. Except for about 2 issues.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I feel like most full face hero masks look silly in live action, but I agree this one is really silly, the actor doesn't help much either.
Yeah, I feel like they should leave his lower jaw visible, fix the arms, and make the lighting bolt bigger, and like more apart of the suit. As well as making the suit a lighter shade of red. I find it weird that it looks a tad bit loose on the actor.

Maybe, I'll watch this series. I have to admit, I am coming in with a tad bit of anger since they made Iris black. Why that did that? I would never know. But hopefully they do his Rogues justice. I wonder if they will have them with their equipment or it being a power that's apart of them.

I can imagine them going over budget with all the CGI that's going to be used.