What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Fujin IS a must. I've been playing my main takeda mucho and only been interested in a couple other characters, the og monks who have always been favorites. That being said i can't wait to put a new character in my roster. I dont care what they do with the wind god but i will definitely play him a lot.
Edit: Fujin, Reiko, Bo rai cho, insert female, is my guess. Maybe frost but id hate to see a sub clone (or killer frost clone, GOD). But still hopeful for baraka or shao khan. I doubt all males but maybe we will see the alien queen appear as the kp2 femme. Please no double guest characters.. Plenty have asked for franchise favs already.

Last edited:
"We can't feel our face when we're with you! "
"And we hate it."
"And we hate it."

These are changed lines from the song "I cant feel my face" from the "The Weeknd"

WE GETTING NEWS THIS WEEKEND :eek:

Plz dont troll us again Boon.

I really hope this is the case.

I still think were getting

Bo Rai Cho
Sareena
Fujin
Cyborg with a Cyrax, Sektor & Smoke Variation

FREE with the Kombat Pack or Unlocked through time played

Baraka
Sindel
Rain

I just hope we get more than one Arena

Kharacters from past games I want to be in MK 11

I believe that the above we make it into MKX so I won't include them below.

1. Havik
2. Li Mei
3. Shang Tsung
4. Skarlet
5. Noob
6. Revenant Shao Kahn
7. Taven
8. Deagon
9. Blaze Smaller super fast version
10. Nitara

ErMac333

Noob
ESL Preseason starts this weeknd, October 18th. Wonder if it's all there is to it or if people were actually right to guess some news were koming during ESL Season 2. Hoping for the later.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
we need Erron black skin, omg and many others need skins, but most of all we need Living forest and some new god damn maps. im so sick of the same stages over and over its maddening.

Smoke, Cyrax, Sindel, Fujin would be my fantastic 4

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Uh Smoke's MK9 ending was him becoming an enenra, not being called Enenra.

I highly doubt Enenra is in KP2 because he's a Lin Kuei faction kill and it wouldn't make any sense for him to kill himself.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose

I highly doubt Enenra is in KP2 because he's a Lin Kuei faction kill and it wouldn't make any sense for him to kill himself.
I dunno. I've played a lot of mirror matches before.

What would get a little absurd is Smoke versus Smoke with the Faction Kill being performed by Smoke.

Youphemism

I dunno. I've played a lot of mirror matches before.

What would get a little absurd is Smoke versus Smoke with the Faction Kill being performed by Smoke.
That's different, your opponent can choose to pick the same character as you but you can't change the character that kills you in that faction kill.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah, a LOT of the faction kills are performed by playable characters, even if you dont see their model. Shinnok's Bone Scythe, Liu Kang's Fireball, Sonya's Grenades, and so on... But, Smoke still seems unlikely to me.

ErMac333

Noob
Yeah, but actually all Faction Kills are kinda based on someone, even Tanya's Twisted Kiss from the Brotherhood of Shadow. But since Smoke/Enenra actually appears in there, it seems unlikely he'll show up as DLC as requested as he is, NRS could have thought many things with smoke based finishers, but they decided to show him maybe for the same reason Mournful Kitana exists.

MadeOfMetal

i wouldnt put it behind NRS.

most things involed in game and lore do not make sense, we no longer can use reason to discredit any character at this point. Reason does not exsist in MK universe. if they did use him as enenra which i thought smoke always had the capability to fight that off? the lore would simply change to fit the scenario.

we also have Fujin,Rain,Cyrax modifiers, but that doesnt stop people from wanting them in...

if i talked money, i think Everyone would buy the shit out of Freddy, Alien, Smoke, Noob, Rain, Fujin, Cyrax, Sindel, Li Mei, Sareena, Frost, Baraka(maybe) as long as they where not marked as shit after first week. but honestly if any of the above mentioned dropped on KP2 id sell my soul to have them in Lab. better beileve most would buy those without a doubt.

Youphemism

Smoke is probably the most requested DLC character. If NRS/WB wants money, I think they will gladly say "to hell with the fact that he appears in a Faction Kill."

If he is not dlc, it has nothing to do with the faction kill.
I think we should all stop with assuming which character is or isn't the most requested DLC character because none of us actually know every MK fan's opinion on that lol. Saves a lot of bad arguments :p

That's not true. Him not being DLC will partly be because he's a faction kill and him killing himself would just be off, but it'll also be a mix of whether or not they feel like he'd fit in, if they didn't want to/couldn't design three variations for him, if fan response wasn't large enough, if WB weren't happy with the decision, basically there's a bunch of factors and that is one of them.
we also have Fujin,Rain,Cyrax modifiers, but that doesnt stop people from wanting them in...

if i talked money, i think Everyone would buy the shit out of Freddy, Alien, Smoke, Noob, Rain, Fujin, Cyrax, Sindel, Li Mei, Sareena, Frost, Baraka(maybe) as long as they where not marked as shit after first week. but honestly if any of the above mentioned dropped on KP2 id sell my soul to have them in Lab. better beileve most would buy those without a doubt.
This is different though because, like ErMac mentioned, you don't actually see Fujin or Rain or Cyrax during the kk/tyl matches in the same way you don't see Liu Kang or Kung Jin or whoever else in faction kills. You do actually see Enenra in the Lin Kuei faction kill which is why he has slightly less of a chance of being in.

I agree that they're going to do what they (or moreso WB really) feel will bring in the most money but while Enenra has a large fanbase I don't think it's large enough in comparison to other character fanbases for them (whereas clearly Tremor was since he got 10,000 signatures and NRS noticed) to put him in and either disregard or change the Lin Kuei faction kill.

MadeOfMetal

I think we should all stop with assuming which character is or isn't the most requested DLC character because none of us actually know every MK fan's opinion on that lol. Saves a lot of bad arguments :p

That's not true. Him not being DLC will partly be because he's a faction kill and him killing himself would just be off,
but while Enenra has a large fanbase I don't think it's large enough in comparison to other character fanbases for them (whereas clearly Tremor was since he got 10,000 signatures and NRS noticed) to put him in and either disregard or change the Lin Kuei faction kill.
ok so your saying smoke wont be in KP2 because he is a faction kill??? hmm its a sretch.

also thought you just told someone to stop assuming which character is or isn't the most requested DLC character because none of us actually know every MK fan's opinion? but then you turn around and do it yourself:
I don't think it's large enough in comparison to other character fanbases
honestly faction kill or not: thats hardly a reson for NRS to leave Smoke out of MKX! its almostlike you have never kept up with the lore, its all fucked up. people die then come back, sometimes unexplained!

Smoke is in;)
if jason, predator, Tanya,Tremor, and Goro made it in Smoke makes it..

btw Tremor was not added because the Petition! that was explained in a video of Ed boon's

Youphemism

ok so your saying smoke wont be in KP2 because he is a faction kill??? hmm its a sretch.

also thought you just told someone to stop assuming which character is or isn't the most requested DLC character because none of us actually know every MK fan's opinion? but then you turn around and do it yourself:

honestly faction kill or not: thats hardly a reson for NRS to leave Smoke out of MKX! its almostlike you have never kept up with the lore, its all fucked up. people die then come back, sometimes unexplained!

Smoke is in;)
if jason, predator, Tanya,Tremor, and Goro made it in Smoke makes it..

btw Tremor was not added because the Petition! that was explained in a video of Ed boon's
Nice stretching you're doing there yourself, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying Smoke has a large fanbase but I don't think it's much much much larger than other fanbases because if that were the case then, like Tremor, he'd be more noticed and NRS would have probably included him in the first KP or Ed would tweet about it. Does that not make sense or something?

How is it "hardly a reason"? Lol. If one character's fanbase has a larger following then they are going to bring in more money for NRS/WB/whoever and so that character will be included. And you agree they're going to put in whoever they feel will bring in the most money right? Again, I'm not talking about lore. Goro made it in because he hadn't been playable in a long time and he's usually a boss so it's a new thing for people, Predator and Jason are guest characters which have historically brought in the most money, Tanya was in because they were always going to include a female and Tremor was in because his fanbase is significantly larger than other character fanbases to the point where NRS became aware of said huge following and put him in the game because of it. None of that reasoning means Enenra will be in...

This isn't really worth arguing about, yes Enenra is a possibility but I don't think he'll be in. Is my differing opinion really such an annoyance that you need to start an argument about it? Come on man :(

MadeOfMetal

Nice stretching you're doing there yourself, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying Smoke has a large fanbase but I don't think it's much much much larger than other fanbases because if that were the case then, like Tremor, he'd be more noticed and NRS would have probably included him in the first KP or Ed would tweet about it. Does that not make sense or something?

How is it "hardly a reason"? Lol. If one character's fanbase has a larger following then they are going to bring in more money for NRS/WB/whoever and so that character will be included. And you agree they're going to put in whoever they feel will bring in the most money right? Again, I'm not talking about lore. Goro made it in because he hadn't been playable in a long time and he's usually a boss so it's a new thing for people, Predator and Jason are guest characters which have historically brought in the most money, Tanya was in because they were always going to include a female and Tremor was in because his fanbase is significantly larger than other character fanbases to the point where NRS became aware of said huge following and put him in the game because of it. None of that reasoning means Enenra will be in...

This isn't really worth arguing about, yes Enenra is a possibility but I don't think he'll be in. Is my differing opinion really such an annoyance that you need to start an argument about it? Come on man :(
im not arguing just debating, you misunderstood me.... i really dont think tremor has a larger fanbase than Smoke....
with that said, dont you think its possible they have had the characters planned way before KP1 and planned on releasing smoke at later KP installment?