What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I'm not sure how Twitter works. So I don't know if this is ED Boon's tweet or just him responding to one?
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/633820897653059584

Personally I would love to see a Xenomorph make it into the game as a guest character in KP2! Aliens was and is still one of my all time favorite SciFi IP's and with every Alien vs Predator film/media I always like the Alien/Xenomorphs over the Predator/Yautjas. So seeing a Alien vs Predator match up actually happen in a fighting game sounds awesome to me.

If a Xenomorph does make it into the game I would imagine it's variations being based on the Xenomorph Hive Caste System.

A Drone variation based on speed and mobility.

A Warrior variation based on midrange control power.

A Queen variation based on keep away and Egg/Face Hugger traps or Praetorian variation based on long range attacks.

As for returning MK characters the main one I would really like to see is Skarlet. I was really excited when I heard about Skarlet making into MK9 becasue she would be a cool Red female ninja but her introduction in MK9 was a little too lack luster for me. Mainly because of her plain design and lack of unique iconic special moves. I feel that with an redesign in visuals and special she could be really interesting and hype. She could have a look similar to what she got with her alternate costume in the Vita version of MK9 or what she has in the current run of MKX comics. As for unique special moves I always that that it would be cool if she made use of those weird tentacle things that she can summon in her MK9 fatality and in the MKX comics.

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
^ I'm not a huge Skarlet guy, but I think this komic costume is really going in a right direction for her. I mean, it's great to go there and try inverting the color scheme, putting the neutral colors as the main, and keeping the red more discreet.

Btw, never truly realized why Kenshi and Skarlet alternates didn't make console version of MK9, but after seeing these details being imprinted in the model as plain textures, I can clearly see why lol

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
^ Btw, never truly realized why Kenshi and Skarlet alternates didn't make console version of MK9, but after seeing these details being imprinted in the model as plain textures, I can clearly see why lol
Dude, I always wondered why their alternates didn't make it to consoles and PC as well but now that you pointed that out it makes sense,Ha! Still I think that it would have been nice to see them get up scaled and reworked for the console and PC versions of MK9.

Last edited:
scarlet is one of he best MK characters to be introduced in years. Also the fact she comes from that old glitch is just awesome. She should have been in the default roster. Being late DLC hurt her massively.

Also she has some of the best fatalities and the entire vampire type thing but not just another lame vamp is so awesome. The "blood" muguffin is just class.

I would love to see more of her over pretty much all the mk9 cast.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
scarlet is one of he best MK characters to be introduced in years. Also the fact she comes from that old glitch is just awesome. She should have been in the default roster. Being late DLC hurt her massively.

Also she has some of the best fatalities and the entire vampire type thing but not just another lame vamp is so awesome. The "blood" muguffin is just class.

I would love to see more of her over pretty much all the mk9 cast.
I agree. Skarlet is such a cool character concept and has such an awesome connection the the MK lore and history. I really was hoping to see her make it into the initial roster but I'll be glad to just see her make it as DLC.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Btw, never truly realized why Kenshi and Skarlet alternates didn't make console version of MK9, but after seeing these details being imprinted in the model as plain textures, I can clearly see why lol
The alternates look fine in the console version rip.

Skarlet was the first DLC character. The real problem with her was that she should have been an unlockable character like the rumor she was based off of.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
IF... and I think it is getting more into "if" territory than "when" now.. I mean.. if we do not hear something official soon... . . Still "IF" there is a new pack, I think NRS would have been absolutely off their rockers to not try and secure Alien at the same time as Predator. Alien vs Predator is so obvious and such a instant geek draw that they could charge 30 bucks for them and people would have paid. They have already struck a deal for Predator... I think of all the rumors, this is pretty much the only one I believe. I think Alien is going to be in the pack, if it exists at all.

Then again, they did have Freddy and no Jason... .. .

Personally I hope that they have no more guests, but if they do.. let it be The Alien.

ErMac333

Noob
It would be kinda strange though to have 3 guests... 4 seems more likely IF they're going for a third one. It's already a lot strange for me to see both guests in one side of the select screen lol (okay, stupid, but this really pisses me off).

But I'm all for the "no more guests" team. I mean, I'm into this for MK, not general pop culture icons.

Kokoko

Somehow
Fuck that. Fuck Alien. Fuck Spawn. NO MORE GUESTS
Agree. Guests can gtfo. Or NRS can sell them separately if they need more money.

Can somebody add a vote to this thread? "Yes" or "No" for guest characters. Maybe, NRS will see, that a lot of people really don't care about that shit. I don't think that Story Mod Pack is a great idea. But it's better than Freddy and Alien. People need their favourite characters or somebody from MK4-MKA (like Fujin).

Agree. I dont want Alien inside MKX. I think that is too much. And seems like most agree that there were enough guest characters.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME !!!!!????
once again there goes a spoit that a true mk char would have deserved much more. Ed you just disappointed me

I mean, Predator was great. I actually think that character should stay in MK universe. But Jason was meh and now I hope they dont add Alien... I mean, too much is too much.
They should add all MK chars to KP2 and then they can add alien into KP3.

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
While I would be really excited and hyped to have Alien/Xenomorph in MKX. I do completely understand and empathize with why some people would not want anymore guest characters. Especially since we already got two in MKX already. I was the same way with Freddy Kruger being added as a cash grab DLC character in MK9. It was cool and all but he wasn't a MK character and didn't represent the MK brand or franchise to me.

However now I understand how having one of your favorite iconic character from another franchise/IP be in one of your favorite fighting games can be a really fun and exciting experience for some people as well. Mostly because as far as MK goes a Alien/Xenomorph or Ash/Bruce Campbell being in MK sounds epic to me,Ha!

Either way I really hope that Skarlet makes it into KP2. She is my number 1 for returning MK characters. She has so much untapped potential and I really think that she would be an awesome addition for a second Kombo Pack. Sareena would be cool too but having both Sareena and Skarlet in the same game might end up being a bit redundant if NRS doesn't change Skarlet's core gameplay and dagger move set. As for the rest of KP2 I would like to see Bo Rai Cho and Rain fill out the rest of the character slots in KP2.

So my personal list would be
Alien/Xenomorph - Cash Grab Character
Skarlet - Obscure/Hidden Character
Bo Rai Cho - Old MK Master/Mentor Character
Rain - Fan Favorite Character

However I think that KP2 might end up looking like this
Alien/Xenomorph = Cash Grab Character
Fujin = Returning MK4 Character
Rain = Male Fan Favorite
Sindel = Female Fan Favorite