What's new

The East Coast vs. West Coast IGAU Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
While trying to keep it as civil as possible (and on topic; which will be enforced) -- what do you think?

Which of the coasts reigns supreme? And if a team tournament is to happen, where should it happen? How many players, and what would be the format?

Lets keep this fun. Discuss!

-------

Currently the record of majors won is as follows:

ECT (and minimajors GUTS, Civil War) -- no top WC/Midwest players went.
Toryuken -- Midwest (Go Jeremiah!)

CEO -- EC (held in the East/South)
UFGT - EC (held in the Midwest)
EVO - EC (held in the West)

187x

Noob
EC vs WC 5v5

EC
1.Tom Brady
2.Reo
3.Chris g
4.Kdz
5. Rico suave

WC
1.Tyrant
2.Djt
3.Emperor Theo
4.God Speed
5.Aris

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
My money on WC

Tyrant
God speed
Denzell
Theo
Mit

???
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Can we stop saying easy and west coast when you just mean SoCal and New York. It's really annoying.
It doesn't mean SoCal and New York. This includes Vegas, Norcal, the Southeast, and whoever else it makes sense to include. The best of the entire coastal area.

KDZ is from Jersey, Denzell from Vegas, etc.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It doesn't mean SoCal and New York. This includes Vegas, Norcal, the Southeast, and whoever else it makes sense to include. The best of the entire coastal area.

KDZ is from Jersey, Denzell from Vegas, etc.
Vegas SoCal and New York are the only names I've seen.

0 mention of southeast and even midatlantic. No mention of NorCal or even the Midwest. If you guys wanna have the regions battle then include them all. It needs to be more than just "east coast" and "west coast"

Tri state (NY,NJ)
SoCal
NorCal
Vegas
KH
AK
GGA
CoCo
Midatlantic
Florida.

We need to just have a big ass regional/team battle so everyone can shut the hell up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Vegas SoCal and New York are the only names I've seen.

0 mention of southeast and even midatlantic. No mention of NorCal or even the Midwest. If you guys wanna have the regions battle then include them all. It needs to be more than just "east coast" and "west coast"
I'm not following you -- the EC vs. West coast hype specifically includes the best players from the broader general area. Who did you see saying, for example, to not include KDZ because he's in Jersey?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This fuels my incoming pop offs

If theres one thing I guarantee my injustice top 8 pop off will out my mk9 ones to shame

Lot of pent up emotion over shit like this

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah there are like no tournaments any more. The death of Season Beatings and Powerup kind of hurt.
There's SJ- too soon
TFC - bad work weekend for me
Canada cup - haha no
MLG nov??- yes if it happens
Nec dec - closest real possibility

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I'm not following you -- the EC vs. West coast hype specifically includes the best players from the broader general area. Who did you see saying, for example, to not include KDZ because he's in Jersey?
I guess I should have said tri state area since KDZ isn't technically NY but you know what I mean. You can't call it east coast vs west coast when it is no one lower than jersey on one team and no one above SoCal on the other. A full regional battle where each scene gets to represent themselves is better. 5v5 elimination and have each region play all the others. Whoever does best is best. Stop using the winner of the major as a talking point cause that can almost never tell the whole story.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I guess I should have said tri state area since KDZ isn't technically NY but you know what I mean. You can't call it east coast vs west coast when it is no one lower than jersey on one team and no one above SoCal on the other. A full regional battle where each scene gets to represent themselves is better. 5v5 elimination and have each region play all the others. Whoever does best is best. Stop using the winner of the major as a talking point cause that can almost never tell the whole story.
Well no one has picked the teams yet; but if it were to be the case, then it'd be because those players are performing the best. If someone in Norcal (say, Wound) was performing well enough to be put in a 'Top 5 WC' team then they'd be in, no questions asked. I haven't seen anyone purposefully excluding people; they're just listing who they see as the best performing players.

If there's someone in say, Florida, that has a tournament record as good as the best tristate players like KDZ, Chris G, and Rico, then they should be considered for the team regardless of the EC state they're from.

And as far as an "every region/scene in the entire game vs. each other", that's not what this thread is about. That is a wonderful idealistic situation that has been discussed a bunch of times dating back to MK, and it'll likely never happened due to the logistics involved in setting something that huge up (and making sure all the players show, and having the time/space to do it). Other areas are free to have their own vs. tournaments and can call out whoever they wish.

Actually trying to work on something like this through dojosports 5 v5 league. Considering doing online regional tournaments with no venue fee unlike a certain other person. Also looking at offline invitationals along the lines of the curleh mustache series. There are a lot of strong players out there that don't get much recognition because of the market they're in.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If this just includes Tri State Area vs. Cali/Vegas:

East Coast:

1. KDZ(Superman)
2. Chris G(Green Arrow/Black Adam/Killer Frost)
3. Tom Brady(Aquaman)
4. Rico Suave(Black Adam)
5. Dragongod(Black Adam)
6. Darth Arma(Batman)
7. Reo(Batman/Nightwing/the whole freakin cast)
8. CD Jr.(Flash/Superman)
9. Jailhouse(Green Lantern)
10. Mike Infinite(Doomsday/Batgirl)

West Coast:

1. Tyrant(Superman)
2. Theo(Superman)
3. Slayer(Superman)
4. MIT(Black Adam)
5. Godspeed(Black Adam
6. DJT(Green Lantern)
7. Wonderchef(Shazam/Zod)
8. Aris(Deathstroke)
9. WoundCowboy(Sinestro Dawg)
10. Krayzie(Catwoman)

Atlanta is technically the south, but I would love to have Pig/Tre and Smar in there.