What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm man enough to admit Black Adam needs a nerf lmao. Divekick needs to be -10 regardless, it is a whiff punishing tool / advancing tool, it should be punishable on block (Ex being safe is fine), not a "hah respect this and do shit about it" tool.

Ex Lightning also needs a nerf, the pushback on block is too great at the moment. (Pushes them back about 1/2)

Everything else is fine. He's just overly safe on divekick and his Ex Lighting gives him too good of a zoning option imo.
*Covers your mouth and drags you away*

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
*Covers your mouth and drags you away*
TBH the divekick change isn't even nerf, it's a "skill limiter". The move will still be just as good to those can utilize it properly, but will be nerfed to the bad players who abuse it.

The Ex Lightning is a fair nerf IMO, he is not a zoner he is an all-around character, for him to have a half-screen pushback projectile on block... it's a little ridiculous tbh.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
NO NERFS!!! AT ALL!!!
nerfs on a one week old game? :confused:
You haven't even had time to really TRY and counter it. Let's see.... Batman should only always be able to call one bat but only once per match... deathstroke shouldn't be able to shoot in the air and his guns should backfire half the time... KF should only slide backwards... solomon grundy shouldn't be able to dash... Doomsday should die if he doesn't kill someone after his armor is activated. supes should get kryptonite poisoning after every heat blast... black adam should age 5000 years and die if he does his super... catwoman should fight naked... (sigh) whiners

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Dash and block is literally the way to get in on the character. That and jump whenever you feel it's smart. There's not really much to explain.

He doesn't keep you out forever. Seriously, it's literally just learning the matchup. I haven't had a problem with the matchup since REO revealed the way in before the game dropped.
Try dashing with Lex...see what happens. I find it funny that most people yelling at others play characters that have options against him.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
This game has some bad matchups... that still doesn't warrent nerfs. Buffs maybe... but still TOO EARLY TO TELL. I've seen Lex beat DS. Even happened at CW V

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Try dashing with Lex...see what happens. I find it funny that most people yelling at others play characters that have options against him.
This is interesting...You actually have me thinking here,Woundy!
Of course this would not be so bad if Lex's trait was multi-hit instead of the mess it's now.

Niloc

Noob
Nothings beats Morrowind though, lol. Well except the Souls series. WOOOO DARK SOULS II!!!
Ya morrow wind is one of my favorite rpgs of all time.

Also shoutouts to blackadam needing a nerf 2 things piss me off about that character
1. dive kick safe wtf
2. d1 trait wtf

ex lighting is good but costs a bar im ok where its at

i think aquaman is a little too good aswell.. how you going to give the dude the best anti air, he cant be combo'd properly, he has so much safe on block and + on block shit, good keep away and damage, just seems s tier

Niloc

Noob
i think deathstroke is a type of character that in this game if he was nerfed he would just be unplayable after the game progressed.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Have none of you played an instant air spamming Cyborg yet? HAHAHAHAHA, that shit really is block infinite style shit.

Deathstroke has NOTHING on that...
THANK YOU!!!!

To be fair that video doesnt actually SHOW you how to get to that optimal range.Still REO and Tom Brady said they would be covering DS match-ups throughout the week.
Yeah, but watching this video you can easily figure out that from half-fullscreen you can block and dash in. You will end up taking like 6-8% in chip damage by the time you get int, but doesn't that happen in sf against characters like sagat, guile, and dhalsim?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
if you can't get that close in the course of the game you need to keep practicing

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Yea, people will be on the cyborg hate train soon enough. Only reason it hasn't started yet is because muscle memory hasn't full kicked in. Once the iAFB are perfected by several players....its gonna be Salt Lake City.

And don't even let me get started with his bomb mixups coupled with the iAFB.
He's like Cyrax and Kabal put together. Just gonna sit back and watch....:coffee:

LOL. Deathstroke is broken. Don't know why so many people have a hard time realizing this just because the game just came out. It's not whining or complaining, it's just calling it what it is.

I am 100% aware that every character has options for beating him once they get in on him. But so many get raped so hard trying to get in because they'll get hit while trying to dash or jump and it will take them years trying to crouch walk in. I am nearly undefeated with DS from just gun spam, and after going about 50-2 doing that shit it just got boring but nonetheless I'm still going to use DS at a local tournament this week and take that shit handily. I can instant air gun, I know one midscreen bnb, I know my options with all of his specials and MB and he's just OP man. A few characters can do decent against DS but over half the cast gets raped

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Yea, people will be on the cyborg hate train soon enough. Only reason it hasn't started yet is because muscle memory hasn't full kicked in. Once the iAFB are perfected by several players....its gonna be Salt Lake City.
Sektor god speaks truth lul.

His zoning is great, iAFB [MB] is lockdown. Also once more hook oki set ups are found he will become even better. Also his 11~target acquired (close) is like a sektor 212~up rocket in the corner. Low / overhead for unblockables if they respect it too hard, and it relaunches into another combo lol.

oh and 123 being +16 lul.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
LOL. Deathstroke is broken. Don't know why so many people have a hard time realizing this just because the game just came out. It's not whining or complaining, it's just calling it what it is.

I am 100% aware that every character has options for beating him once they get in on him. But so many get raped so hard trying to get in because they'll get hit while trying to dash or jump and it will take them years trying to crouch walk in. I am nearly undefeated with DS from just gun spam, and after going about 50-2 doing that shit it just got boring but nonetheless I'm still going to use DS at a local tournament this week and take that shit handily. I can instant air gun, I know one midscreen bnb, I know my options with all of his specials and MB and he's just OP man. A few characters can do decent against DS but over half the cast gets raped
incorrect... he's not op or broken... if you're local can't counter him then hellz yeah take that stuff down!!! and going 50-2 with DS isn't an accomplishment considering the level of play there. I'd use it to if I liked zoning characters... it's gonna get out of control when people start paying attention to others broke stuff... KF... Cyborg... BA.... Supes... when does it stop??? No one wants to put time in anything anymore everyone wants a free button.... "if someone shoots at me why don't i have a button that invincibly teleport me in?" "When someone rushes me down why don't I have a free button that gives them chicken pox?" one week old game... you guys should be ashamed

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Hmm maybe you should learn to play fighters. Just saying

Hitoshura

Head Cage
When Chris G starts winning every tournament with DS zoning then we can take a look at it... lawlz
EXACTLY!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN MORRIGAN FROM UMVC PEOPLE!!!!?
People still play against that shit. Wanna know why? They play to learn! Noob vs. Kabal was a 3-7 MU in mk9. Did I bitch and give up every time I played REO in casuals? NO! I tried my fucking best to beat him.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
TBH the divekick change isn't even nerf, it's a "skill limiter". The move will still be just as good to those can utilize it properly, but will be nerfed to the bad players who abuse it.

The Ex Lightning is a fair nerf IMO, he is not a zoner he is an all-around character, for him to have a half-screen pushback projectile on block... it's a little ridiculous tbh.
I wish I could comment more on this character, but I haven't played an actual human yet. AI insta-jumps (EX) lightning. :(

But he has so much going for him from what I can see in Practice Mode and playing Very Hard mode. Freakin' Smoke's B2 3 with block advantage, some CSZ-esque bomb set-ups, Shang Tsung soul steal-like special move for push back and spacing, tick grab setups, other strings with block advantage, and yeah....the divekicks for whiff punishing and escaping. Love this character. lol.

btw, you said his divekicks should be -10 on block. Aren't they already (at least, according to the game)?