What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Good riddance then. We need less people flocking to broken characters. I look forward to the mass exodus of brokestrokers if the charactef gets nerfed. Hopefully for the non pussys the character remains perfectly viable so they can learn a more balanced character.

Also depending on when he gets nerfed id like to buy your copy just make sure to wipe the tears off, im allergic.

Wow is your name Morton?

if they are doing 1 gun and you are losing then you should probably go play tetris
I do not think that Deathstroke should be nerfed and neither does this guy. What he has been saying which is correct is that NRS will end up nerfing Deathstroke if every single casual player complains about him because his spam feels so cheap to them. In the end NRS is making the real money off of the casuals and if people don't want to have to learn how to dash and duck over and over to get in then they won't and they will just not buy anymore NRS games. You can tell the people on TYM not to ask for nerfs but in the end it does come down to if Deathstrokes continue to spam the same move over and over on new players, even if he doesnt deserve a nerf

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Wouldn't Deathstroke's fastest iaGS be faster then?

It's also supposedly a lot safer, according to the frame data thread.
REO claims that Cyborg's iaFBs provide the most frame advantage on block. Cyborg can allegedly spam them so rapidly that some characters can barely move at all.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
What makes him so good that he's already the best? :0
His Instant Air projectile can hit crouch opponents if done perfectly. He has enough tools to keep you opponent out with either EX blast which is like Gokens EX hadoken where one gores straight and the other goes at an upward angle, or his one move were he send the opponent to almost fullscreen when hit.

Also when you knock your opponent down you can get free missile oki with his missiles he uses and then shoot a blast to get free chip. His grapple hook is fast as hell and he can easily get away from his opponent.

Cyborg has great zoning tools! His midscreen damage is meh, but his corner damage...jesus christ!

Crathen

Death is my business
As a deathstroke main i approve of this thread.

Nerfing DS zoning would be simply stupid , he'd be a pointless character as there are better zoners than him and better rushdown characters , the crying from certain players are pretty pathetic , can i cry for nerfs when i get rushed down by stupid ass KF / Flash / Batman?

He doesn't even get big damage combos or supergood traits ( hey batman! ) , ya'all salty and can't even wait the metagame develop because you lost some games to DS.

Niloc

Noob
In all honestly, I find the way people play this character extremely annoying, but I don't think his zoning is "too good".

I main catwoman, and I have only played one deathstroke online i've actually felt hopeless against, and he was clearly the better player and knew more about the game at the time(using interactables, meter management etc.)

For the most part the deathstrokes I've faced online can all be beat by patient play. I just Cat stance dash cancel into another catstance or nJ2 once they start shooting low guns.

I hope they don't nerf this character, I'm seeing less and less of him online and the noobs who pick him are starting to get more and more free as I learn the game.

I absolutely love when somebody loses and they rematch but pick DS, 9/10 they are so laughable with the character i actually enjoy the matchup for once.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I do not think that Deathstroke should be nerfed and neither does this guy. What he has been saying which is correct is that NRS will end up nerfing Deathstroke if every single casual player complains about him because his spam feels so cheap to them. In the end NRS is making the real money off of the casuals and if people don't want to have to learn how to dash and duck over and over to get in then they won't and they will just not buy anymore NRS games. You can tell the people on TYM not to ask for nerfs but in the end it does come down to if Deathstrokes continue to spam the same move over and over on new players, even if he doesnt deserve a nerf
Thank you for being able to read!

Like sir!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
REO claims that Cyborg's iaFBs provide the most frame advantage on block. Cyborg can allegedly spam them so rapidly that some characters can barely move at all.
And we're complaining about someone who has Noob's frame advantage.

Okay then.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I dont main or plan to main Deathstroke but I am highly against nerfs for him especially this early.I would love to join this coalition,if you'll have me.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
According to CURBOLICOUS , his iAFBs, if done low enough and rapidly, result in a block infinite.

I love all the whining about Deathstroke, honestly. The real fucked up characters are going under the radar. lol.
once they actually make his gunshots -23 at point blank.... no more bitching

cyborg just needs his air projectile to not hit crouch. No jump projectile should be a mid.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I tested this with Curbo. You have no room to do anything on a perfect iaFB. And it's like that from anywhere on the screen.

Cyborg is BOOYAH levels of broke. I want to see CURBOLICOUS vs Death out of sheer humor.

Niloc

Noob
This is why casual players shouldn't play fighting games. Everything they touch dies and becomes stupid! FPS (cod), RPGS like skyrim (worst elder scrolls ever), and now Fgs.

Stick to your temple run and other iphone games and leave the smart gamers to their games.
I agree, but Oblivion was worse than Skyrim. Both were way worse than Morrowind but Skyrim was better than "oh hey look go in an oblivion gate that looks exactly the same as the last 10 and do the exact same thing you did in the last 10"

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This is why casual players shouldn't play fighting games. Everything they touch dies and becomes stupid! FPS (cod), RPGS like skyrim (worst elder scrolls ever), and now Fgs.

Stick to your temple run and other iphone games and leave the smart gamers to their games.
It's so nice to have you back, dude. You were really great back then. And still is now!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I agree, but Oblivion was worse than Skyrim. Both were way worse than Morrowind but Skyrim was better than "oh hey look go in an oblivion gate that looks exactly the same as the last 10 and do the exact same thing you did in the last 10"
Idk man, I mean skyrim has more teleports then DBZ and the fact the game wasn't even challenging at all. Granted all other ES games had broken exploits, but this games difficulty was just stupid.

You know a game is casual when COD kids SUDDENLY take an interest to it *cough cough skyrim cough cough*. Despite all this, I still enjoy skyrim.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

2013- casuals run gaming til further notice.. Did you not get the memo?

In case you missed it- here is a recap:

Many hardcore fans are college aged people who read forums and scrape quarters together to make it out to events.

Casuals pick up the hottest games on release, dump tons of money into it and then leave without a gripe or care from anyone.

(Note: there is always exceptions to this rule)

However- casuals win... Flawless victory... Fatality-90% of the time.

Niloc

Noob
Idk man, I mean skyrim has more teleports then DBZ and the fact the game wasn't even challenging at all. Granted all other ES games had broken exploits, but this games difficulty was just stupid.

You know a game is casual when COD kids SUDDENLY take an interest to it *cough cough skyrim cough cough*. Despite all this, I still enjoy skyrim.
ya see if you enjoyed skyrim it couldnt be as bad as oblivion =P i agree with you on the shit that sucked in skyrim but oblivion was one of the most overrated pieces of shit i've ever played.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
ya see if you enjoyed skyrim it couldnt be as bad as oblivion =P i agree with you on the shit that sucked in skyrim but oblivion was one of the most overrated pieces of shit i've ever played.
Nothings beats Morrowind though, lol. Well except the Souls series. WOOOO DARK SOULS II!!!

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I like how DS drinks salty tears while Black Adam slips under the radar.

This is going to be another KL to Kabal situation I tell you that.
I'm man enough to admit Black Adam needs a nerf lmao. Divekick needs to be -10 regardless, it is a whiff punishing tool / advancing tool, it should be punishable on block (Ex being safe is fine), not a "hah respect this and do shit about it" tool.

Ex Lightning also needs a nerf, the pushback on block is too great at the moment. (Pushes them back about 1/2)

Everything else is fine. He's just overly safe on divekick and his Ex Lighting gives him too good of a zoning option imo.