What's new

General/Other - Scorpion The Current Scorpion problems in general

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
While people are blowing Scorpion WAY out of proportion for what's in this game. His only REAL flaws are needing meter to be safe

And how are you people seemingly saying you get away with J3 teleport? Play against people who don't suck offline. Because that has gonna be some lag abuse. Fuckin just jumping (get AA'd) into an unsafe as fuck teleport (god help you if they decided to just block since it's not like you had many options after that)....
Nah people saying theres a huge risk to AAing him cause of tele, it really is, why bother risking a D2 when scorps in the air with one bar?

He'll strip you of 35% of your hp if you make a bad call on AA attempt and get ex teleported.

Also, Meter doesn't even make scorpion safe, EX spear is only safe thing accross all variations and if you don't jail it can be ducked under, Hellfire is safe without meter for most part.

Pretty much this. His wake ups suck big time and it makes me gnash my teeth when low profile moves stop my offense.

I miss the safe takedown move in mk9; wish they would make it safe.

F2 can be stuffed out by low profile moves
D3 sometimes is to slow to fight low profiles
D4 is way slower

You get locked in the corner being frame trapped, your opponent is mostly like to mash D1, or D3, since those moves are now low profile and are way less negative than it was in MK9, it nulls all your options to retaliate on your own.

Using reversal takedown is slow
using armored takedown puts you negative on block or hit at cost of meter, there is a risk of you getting baited into that
ex tele on works as wakeup
you can't jump when you get hit
you can use a combo to punish someone mashing because all your normals hit high
You want to counter poke, but the window is so thigh that either you will get stuffed, or you will get grabbed
You want to stuff with B12 to get a full combo punish, but is 11f with a directional input and has t-rex arms, chances are either your B1 hits before their hitbox reaches B1 active frames, or to trade

No one in this game will low profile cage, F3 is 11 frame but hits mid, that grants him a full combo punish there is always the fear of getting hit by that due the range it covers, and he has a armored launcher
No one in this game will low profile cassie, get away flip is 6 frames, it keeps them in check and launches
... ... ... ... ... kung lao because, yada yada yada, you get the idea.

The problem is, you know they will low profile, all you can do instead of punish is running away on the opposite direction which in return you're just locking yourself up in the corner giving him more position advantage.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Im new to scorpion and only play Ninjutsu. It's a lot of fun since it relies so much on spacing. I actually don't have any problems with it. You've got high low into spear for a high risk medium reward. And you've got mid pokes that are safe if spaced correctly into medium reward. He's an overall well-designed character and I think his power level is what all characters should be balanced around, not to strong not too weak.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If Scorpion had a good/fast mid starting string, Hellfire Scorpion would probably be the best character in the game.

The only "buff" I would like is make the tp cancel three directions then 3. So instead of ( :d:r3:d ), make it ( :d:r:d3 ). Not really a buff, just a change in inputs.

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
If Scorpion had a good/fast mid starting string, Hellfire Scorpion would probably be the best character in the game.

The only "buff" I would like is make the tp cancel three directions then 3. So instead of ( :d:r3:d ), make it ( :d:r:d3 ). Not really a buff, just a change in inputs.
B121 is his mid starter, 9-10f su

You can't hit confirm it but it is -1 oB and great for punishs were the opponent recovery's low

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Im new to scorpion and only play Ninjutsu. It's a lot of fun since it relies so much on spacing. I actually don't have any problems with it. You've got high low into spear for a high risk medium reward. And you've got mid pokes that are safe if spaced correctly into medium reward. He's an overall well-designed character and I think his power level is what all characters should be balanced around, not to strong not too weak.
Ninjutsu doesn't need to play coinflip, that is the role of Inferno IMO, Ninjutsu is already on high risk due the low reward he gets from doing a great effort to punish things with B2 and F2, canceling his normals into unsafe specials aside from ex spear as a way to open someone up with mixups or 50-50s is suicide play.

Ninjutsu plays the exact opposite of all variations, it walks a lot, it spaces a lot, it throws a lot, the point of Ninjutsu is not make the opponents guess between low, and overhead, is to guess between throw and pokes so he can walk away of button checks to whiff punish them using B2 and F2, its a work of art, pretty difficult to master, but little, very little rewarding. Its the simpliest but the most beautiful thing i've ever seen in Scorpion.

Ninjutsu is close to how A-list Johnny excels at neutral game.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Ninjutsu doesn't need to play coinflip, that is the role of Inferno IMO, Ninjutsu is already on high risk due the low reward he gets from doing a great effort to punish things with B2 and F2, canceling his normals into unsafe specials aside from ex spear as a way to open someone up with mixups or 50-50s is suicide play.

Ninjutsu plays the exact opposite of all variations, it walks a lot, it spaces a lot, it throws a lot, the point of Ninjutsu is not make the opponents guess between low, and overhead, is to guess between throw and pokes so he can walk away of button checks to whiff punish them using B2 and F2, its a work of art, pretty difficult to master, but little, very little rewarding. Its the simpliest but the most beautiful thing i've ever seen in Scorpion.

Ninjutsu is close to how A-list Johnny excels at neutral game.
Very well put. I have a lot to learn, but I completely agree with you about Ninjutsu. It's one of my favorite designs in the entire game. I'll definitely have to try what you said about mixing up between his long reach pokes and his throws.