What's new

General/Other - Scorpion The Current Scorpion problems in general

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A lot of people is been bitching about how scorpion has good specials, good damage and all, but there is some things Scorpion players are not talking but are aware of what is, his current problems.

So because i start to get messages on "Your character is good, retarded, you should't be adressed anything cos it will make him broken and all yada yada yada" i will tell you right here to shut up, just because my character currently feels good doesn't mean that he doesn't have issues, in fact he has, and will become much more evident as the game passes.

First of, B2 scales way too much damage
I would completely understand the amount of active frames that move has in Ninjutsu and range kind of compensating for the damage Scaling, but that move is already very punishable on block, and is 16 frames startup, which in turn makes Ninjutsu kind of useless to have moves that are extremely hard to use, but when you get a right situation to use it, you get basically no damage from any combo you might start when B2 is your starter.

Sometimes we want to increase the height of the punished character for a better combo conversion, but the damage protection makes it scaling even harder, B2 in Ninjutsu shouldn't scale that hard, that variaton doesn't have special moves in addition to compensate for Scorpion Risks, he gains absolutely nothing when he get to land a B2 compared to other variations.
We've came to the conclusion that AAing with Jump In 3 is 100x better than using B2 because it won't scale and you will get your damage for the least, its much faster, and will hit the opponent much earlier than B2, if JI3 can be used in all variations, then why is the point of having Ninjutsu?

Flame fist (B2) in other variations doesn't add anything special aside from being safer.
There is like a lot of factors against the usability of this move, which by the state of what is now, it makes it useless, when compared with the other tools he gains on variations he has flame fist, just to have an idea:

It scales damage
deals less damage
is hard to convert from (Height restrition and recovery doesn't help)
not worth combing from it
only 2 active frames
very short range
very long startup
Very Long recovery frames

I'm still to find a good reason to use flame fist in competitive play, i have none so far, anything B2 should be doing F3 does it better, F3 can:
Deals more damage
Cover about the same distance
Is special cancelable
Hit confirmable
Easy to combo from it
More active frames
Much faster startup

Flame fist is so bad that using as AA you risk to trade against the character jumping, and even if you get one, The damage he gets from landing such risky attack isn't rewarding, its not even worth spending a bar of meter if you land one, you will spend your bar at cost of having your damage scaled and the factor of dropping a teleport convertion off it will be there every time unless B2 connects against someone airbone.
And Again, why scorpion has B2 anyways? The move is bad on Hit, is bad on block, why is that on the command list?

And this are the problems of B2, now lets see another thing that hasn't been adressed yet, is the fact that Scorpion lacks mid hitting attacks that are reliable aside from B1

Scorpion has basically NO Mid starters in this game in any of his variations, and this is putting a big hole on his defensive game, it wasn't relevant before because his ex teleport had armor, so if i would teleport on reaction when being pressured by characters with safe launchers like Kotal who has a -10 F2. Now he has no reliable mids, and in many situations when you want to attack someone, who just poked you, you will get low profiled most of the times, because all of your good buttons are all highs and starts at 9 or 10 frames, so in general a -10 move against scorpion is 0, if he press standing 2 he is at -1 and hits high, and standing 1 he is at neutral, but that move hits high, so the is absolutely nothing holding them back do Mash D1 or D4 when they put you to block something at -10 because he can get low profiled most of the times, he can't punish, so by basically removing the armored teleport NRS openend another weakness in Scorpion's game that maybe it wasn't intended, now he is in desperate help for mids, and B3 doesn't help, it can't be used for checking, is punishable on block too.

And for the matter of fact, his walkspeed doesn't help either so i have to keep backdashing these until i found myself in the corner, or i should do what he was designed for, Yolo a ex teleport in between pressure so my opponent pokes and block on reaction and then punishes me for trying to punish them?

If its not asking much at least standing 1 should hit mid, this would make this poking counter poking better than the joke that is now, and this would go away.

Right now the only good thing happening for Scorpion is Hellfire, because in Hellfire i can fireball cancel normals and stay safe for a while, but Ninjutsu and Inferno are falling a part as the time passes and more Scorpion players are all migrating to hellfire.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I understand what you think needs to be fixed completely, but I really think we should get characters who need it help before we get to Scorps.
I'm not saying lets not help other characters. Every Issue found in the game even from other characters should be adressed, before its to late to do anything, its not a matter of priorities. Have you seen Hat Trick Kung lao?

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
has complete air control
i get to jump all day and no antiair will work, i get to cross up all day, people bait my jumps by i still get away with my j3 tele, i have 2 variations with so many mixups, my combo is 39+ then vortex, i have zoning tools, a low grab across the screen, multiple vortexes, sometimes a vortex after the other, i cant believe if i dont make it ex my 50/50 is unsafe, so unfair. all jump ins are a vortex and guess what, i can jump all day, footsies? lol
how a character that gets free preasure out of pretty much everything be bad?
not saying he is op, but he is beyond retarded, have you even seen cinder in KI 1? its more difficult to use him than scorpion, just saying

D4G

Win At All Cost
Do you even read?
I did, and aside from ninjutsu needing a little something extra. Scorpion is so good in so many respects that the only thing keeping him from become Vergil are the drawbacks you mentioned.

It sounds like you want a character who is strong in almost every regard and can kil you in two combos off any hit into riduclous vortex options needs to be made god tier.

Until the game comes to the point where Scorpion isnt as powerful as he initially seems, I reject your entire post.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Right now the only good thing happening for Scorpion is Hellfire, because in Hellfire i can fireball cancel normals and stay safe for a while, but Ninjutsu and Inferno are falling a part as the time passes and more Scorpion players are all migrating to hellfire.
Ninjutsu and Inferno are GOOD. Hellfire is not just good, it is nearly broken and should probably get patched soon.

More than 50% for one bar into vortex, semi block infinite, absurd chip damage...lol c'mon man.

I'm sure you made some good points in there... But a character doesn't need absolutely everything that's good. A character like scorpion (or really anyone) SHOULD have drawbacks.

I stopped reading when you started talking about damage scaling. You get a vortex off every single hit. Knock it off.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He has them believe me, the more of the meta starts to be discovered the more problems he will have, also lol at the jump one, no one in this game is punishing anti-airs correctly, either you force them to whiff and punish on the land or u use a armored anti-air which there is plenty, jab characters out of the air will not be the same against everybody due the float system.

So you guys really think B2 is fine? B2 is crap, and if he can't use them might as well remove it from the command list. I didn't ask for much i just asked for a mid.

Seriously who the hell cares about his B2? Every character has at least one normal that im sure is useless, I can almost say that will 100% certainty.

Having 1 or 2 useless normals doesn't make him bad.

He can jump around for free and do pretty much whatever the hell he wants because as soon as he touches you whether its on the ground or in the air ur getting hit for at least 30% and most likely getting put into a vortex, so yeah good luck

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Well even though I think everyone who is getting super salty at you is completely unnecessary and uncalled for I think its fine scorpion has a few doodoo moves. I mean the dude is really good it's kinda unfair at times. So I mean just have fun with his 40 1 bar damage into a reset where if you have no breaker is like 80% plus guaranteed lol.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Maybe B2 isn't scaling correctly. There are a few moves like that in the game, and 1 by 1 they are getting fixed. If the scaling is right, I don't care because I've gotten used to um...never using it ever. At least not in a match.

I did a combo vid before where I started with flame fist x3 into EX teleport, then finished the combo. The final result was about 20% damage lol. Took me like half an hour to nail it too.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Bro.. I feel like I'm third world hungry for buffs and you're complaining because your steak doesn't come with lemon butter.. You're not deliberating changing characters.. You just want more variations.. Just gravitate to the variation that everyone plays.. Because it's amazing..

Next time you play ninjutsu, don't. Play Hellfire. Appreciate the bomb ass variation you have and remember there are kids out here starving for real change.

People are changing mains and you're over here like, "I wanna use more variations. Everybody's using hellfire. I wanna use ninjutsu. naaahh. I don't wanna be like everybody else."

:DOGE