Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Korpse dude Any top player will tell you this kid is not to be ignored

He is a top player

This was expected

Take some time to think about this.

If this game were perfect or made any better would YOU AS A PLAYER be any better or have greater success

It's kinda like a CSZ player picking up Cyrax, probably will do just as well w cyrax and will have same fundamental problems

as far as Showtime saying that, man listen I know Showtime was TOTALLY pissed as I would be because of how him Cat and @starcharger were seeded at mlg

Showtime is a great player and great guy and was honestly saying he should have gone to ECT where he could have played anyone but a houston player

Look at the MLG bracket, it was all 3 of them playing each other between rounds 1-2
First and foremost, where in my post am i downplaying SF's ability? I don't see and never did i intend to down play him. If anybody is mis-interpretting that, go fuck yourself and learn basic english. I don't get mad easily usually but when somebody misinterprets my words into something, then we got a big fucking problem. I forget what major it was where came and wrecked it but i saw the gameplay and thought to myself, damn kids got it. When i heard STH call out in pool one that i'd be playing SF, the first thing that went through my mind was fuck, this kid will wreck me, however i didn't go down without a fight (and SF said) and when the set was over we shook hands and were goods sports about the whole thing and you know "i like this and that yadda yadda good luck" NEVER, and feel a huge urge to repeat this serveral fucking times since some dumbass mis-interpretted what i said on the Woolay show after ECT, NEVER ONCE was i salty, pissed, angry, etc. that i lost to SF. NEVER ONCE did i downplay SF, NEVER! In fact i hardly had problems with the game during that match except for maybe one or two d3's coming out as standing 3's. I got mad at this game with my set with Hito, both Hito and I had many problems with inputs and Neg Edge. Our NJP's didn't register at key times, certain moves were coming out that i don't recall inputting at all.
Second, if the game was a bit more fluid, i would put a bit more time into it. As a fulltime student and somebody who works a 35-45 hour work week at times and who happens to love more games than just MK and other fighters, i tend to float around at times on what to play. There is only so much time i can spend playing MK before some of its problems get to me, or i feel compelling urges to play something else.
Third, about me being embarrassed, i used to play a sport in a competitive environment but got an injury that doesn't allow me to play said sport anymore without intense pain. However i still have a very competitive personality. Our group never played different age teams, teams were sorted by age, and we never played against different aged teams unless it were a scrimage, and if you lost to a team younger than yours, that's pretty goddamn embarrassing. Not to mention in this sport the younger teams seemed to think they were better than all (props SF for being the exact opposite of this, SF is a very humble player and i will respect that to the death) I am well aware this is a shitty excuse but it is how i'm wired.

Oh and whoever mis-interpretted what i fucking said, you know goddamn well who the fuck you are (and anybody who is reading this now most likely will) fuck you. I respect you as a player but from the impression i have of you so far, you are one shitty fucking person. Any other questions?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
As far a Kevo, after seeing what transpired if I do not see some redemption between you and others as well as an attitude change it will be adjusted. Not physically, but I can promise you whatever tournament you show up at I will do my best to have it banned. If VSM is i agreement with me I would have you banned from any and all events, as I am sure other TO would follow. You should be ashamed, as a top player you should display a sense of class, which the video clearly shows you did not.
James, anyone that heckles and provokes a player at his lowest possible moment (getting eliminated, or losing a tough set in GF) deserves whatever comes to them. That is the ultimate scumbag maneuver and the lamest possible way to end an event. And anyone who does that while simultaneously trying to belittle the winner due to his age is guilty of double douchebaggery and thus twice as deserving of whatever they get.

I'm not going to say it's pleasant, ideal, or cordial.. But step on a man when he's down and he will get up and hit you back.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Ok with all my personal issues of late I was not going to chime in. But, as we all know I have a big mouth and can't nor will ever be shut down. I had spoken to Andrew on Saturday of an issue that I thought was resolved. Now that I find out that shit escalated even further it absolutely infuriates me. Like I have said time and time again. GET A FUCKING JOB. Stop freeloading, don not take advantage of people's kindness. To all you loud mouth arrogant son of a bitches. I am watching you, sober or drunk. And to be honest I don't know which one you want. I have said time and time again this community is becoming fractured and it is up to all of us to repair the cracks. This is not a single day job, it is a constant job. There are vultures, maggots, and scumbag from every corner. We are not a Grateful Dead tour group, we are gamers, competitors, and friends. I hate to bring up old shit, I do not want to ever hurt a person over a game, not even PL. but I will fuck any person up info found out you stole from PL. he is a asset to this community. As much as Andrew, Pherleece, DanCock, easy coast, west coast, europe, midwest, and anywhere else in this world. We are all united by a game and friendships. I truly have no hate for ANY person in this community, time is too short to hate. But. If you take advantage of those so called friends and I find out. Tumor or not, I will hurt you.

Now, the shit talking on Sonicfawx, guess what when I had met him in Philadelphia up until now I have had more mature and intelligent conversation with this kid than many others in this scene so get off him.

As far a Kevo, after seeing what transpired if I do not see some redemption between you and others as well as an attitude change it will be adjusted. Not physically, but I can promise you whatever tournament you show up at I will do my best to have it banned. If VSM is i agreement with me I would have you banned from any and all events, as I am sure other TO would follow. You should be ashamed, as a top player you should display a sense of class, which the video clearly shows you did not. People need to keep in mind this is a community of friends not enemies as some may want you to believe. Mets don't hate Yankees or Redsox's, nor does the Giants hate Cowboys. They compete. I also heard the audio of the thief in one post. I can promise to anyone if I catch as thief you will never ever be able to pick up a stick again. From this day forward I feel there should be people that will monitor the behavior of people to ensure this scene grows in the right direction. People who know the players, the scene, and how to deal with certain situation swiftly and mature as possible. Those who disagree or want to discuss other issues that bother them can reach out to me on either MKU or TYM jamessmk

I thank you for your time and hope to see issues like this dissolve and the scene grow
The Savior has Spoken, JamesMKhrist

"100 years ago they didnt play video games. they fuckin' worked out there, you fuckin' choked chickens"

made me LOL
That guy is lucky Thunder lives by the word of God, cuz I know alot of people wouldn't have been so forgiving, myself included

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Why can't everyone just play the game and have fun and get along? lol
Luckily all the tournaments I have been to the community was awesome and I always had a great time, no trash talking or disrespect from anyone there. I never had a bad tourney experience like this, this just blows my mind. I feel really bad for you SwiftTomHanks , if something like this ever happened to me I would never want to help anyone or trust anyone with anything I paid for at a tourney ever again.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Yea I really don't understand why we can't get along. At Civil War I met a old friend and we talked and mentioned how when we played CS and would go to tournies we would be in a corner with our clan veering at others and just shit talking, but in the FGC you can play some top players and have some real good convos and share tips, it's all a family, not enemies.

Sure we all have our differences and dislikes, but what's the point of going full blast on each other...we all make mistakes and I've made a few in the past I regret very much, but best we can do is move on and treat each other with respect.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
Why can't everyone just play the game and have fun and get along? lol
Luckily all the tournaments I have been to the community was awesome and I always had a great time, no trash talking or disrespect from anyone there. I never had a bad tourney experience like this, this just blows my mind. I feel really bad for you SwiftTomHanks , if something like this ever happened to me I would never want to help anyone or trust anyone with anything I paid for at a tourney ever again.
That because you stayed with me. Everything is on the level when I come though. :) You never asked for anything, I just offered . Anytime you need a roommate, hit me up. You passed with flying colors.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sorta off topic, but I'd like to ask....

If their is anyone out there that has an extra copy of MK9 for PS3 and who would be kind enough to donate it.....I have someone who is a member here but would rather stay anonymous, that could really use it. He wants to get back into MK, but real life is kinda preventing him from giving him the extra dough to get it for himself. If there is anyone out there kind enough, please PM. you too, can stay anonymous with this too. Thanks!

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Ok with all my personal issues of late I was not going to chime in. But, as we all know I have a big mouth and can't nor will ever be shut down. I had spoken to Andrew on Saturday of an issue that I thought was resolved. Now that I find out that shit escalated even further it absolutely infuriates me. Like I have said time and time again. GET A FUCKING JOB. Stop freeloading, don not take advantage of people's kindness. To all you loud mouth arrogant son of a bitches. I am watching you, sober or drunk. And to be honest I don't know which one you want. I have said time and time again this community is becoming fractured and it is up to all of us to repair the cracks. This is not a single day job, it is a constant job. There are vultures, maggots, and scumbag from every corner. We are not a Grateful Dead tour group, we are gamers, competitors, and friends. I hate to bring up old shit, I do not want to ever hurt a person over a game, not even PL. but I will fuck any person up info found out you stole from PL. he is a asset to this community. As much as Andrew, Pherleece, DanCock, easy coast, west coast, europe, midwest, and anywhere else in this world. We are all united by a game and friendships. I truly have no hate for ANY person in this community, time is too short to hate. But. If you take advantage of those so called friends and I find out. Tumor or not, I will hurt you.

Now, the shit talking on Sonicfawx, guess what when I had met him in Philadelphia up until now I have had more mature and intelligent conversation with this kid than many others in this scene so get off him.

As far a Kevo, after seeing what transpired if I do not see some redemption between you and others as well as an attitude change it will be adjusted. Not physically, but I can promise you whatever tournament you show up at I will do my best to have it banned. If VSM is i agreement with me I would have you banned from any and all events, as I am sure other TO would follow. You should be ashamed, as a top player you should display a sense of class, which the video clearly shows you did not. People need to keep in mind this is a community of friends not enemies as some may want you to believe. Mets don't hate Yankees or Redsox's, nor does the Giants hate Cowboys. They compete. I also heard the audio of the thief in one post. I can promise to anyone if I catch as thief you will never ever be able to pick up a stick again. From this day forward I feel there should be people that will monitor the behavior of people to ensure this scene grows in the right direction. People who know the players, the scene, and how to deal with certain situation swiftly and mature as possible. Those who disagree or want to discuss other issues that bother them can reach out to me on either MKU or TYM jamessmk

I thank you for your time and hope to see issues like this dissolve and the scene grow
I'm kind of new... but now I know why you're one of the most respected people in this community.

Lulzlou

Noob
Well at least the Kabal hate is gone.

On a serious note;
I feel like we need more streams, podcasts, shows, etc. The more we are surrounded with having fun, the better the community will turn out. I feel like we've been around hate/trolling for too long on these forums and need to clean it up.

I'm trying to have my own show going but its still a work in progress. The quality will be semi decent until I can get an asus montior and recording equipment. I hope it will turn out well and bring more people together.

theWasyl

Reptile the other green meat
id stream but dont you need really expensive adapter for streaming from a tv to computer from a ps3

Lulzlou

Noob
Well the stream doesn't have to be top quality. But its something you need to invest on if you really want to see the community go in the right direction. I am going to do that as soon as I get my car then start working.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I actually made this a while ago after being summoned to a thread that got locked shortly before I could post. I figure this thread is a fine place to post it...

Look at what you fucking did. Look at what all of you drove him to.

Unlike many other fighters, Mortal Kombat isn't quite self-sustaining. If you took some of the major players out of Street Fighter or Marvel, hundreds would eagerly jump in to take their place and the wheels would keep on turning. Mortal Kombat's community is defined by irreplaceable members who have worked tirelessly to support the scene on their own backs.

As many have stated, this community is a family that desperately needs to sustain itself. What's here is what we have to work with and like most families, you can't just trade off or get rid of anyone you don't like. Everyone needs to realize that it's easier to cause structural damage to this community than it seems.

To everyone who actually gives a shit if this house collapses: be mindful of who you make enemies with, because you're all part of the same foundation keeping this place afloat. Hopefully everyone can find a way to move forward and keep it together.

Don't let Dolan's death be in vain. He's just the first of many if this shit keeps up.

MK Community Pls.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
This really bothers me to see members of the community taken for granted like this because there are areas where scenes are still underdeveloped like Dallas TX. People are struggling to get things going and having members of the community such as SwiftTomHanks and others who do what they do is something that is rare and gratitude should be expressed or at least shown by actions since they are the ones taking the extra steps so things go smoothly. They dont have to do any of that. Could be in a scene where TOs barely even include your game... MK community needs to level up their character, and im not speakng in terms of the video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.