What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is much easier said then done behind your computer. He already explained that the problem with calling security was he didnt want anyone to get in trouble for underage drinking or having too many people in the rooms. Plus, he might have had a long day and after all that he posted you really think he wanted to fight someone over it? I somewhat agree in that he should have kicked them out, but it is definitely not as easy as some people make it out to be. I think the best action would be to just not open up your room for casuals next time, but then again I have never been to a major so...
1. For me, things are done much easier in person than over a computer.
2. If he is enabling/encouraging underaged drinking that's a whole other problem...
3. Did I mention his need to fight? It shouldn't have come close to that point. I personally think it's a shame that he was kicked out of his room. I just don't want him pointing fingers when really, he had the capabilities of avoiding it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
whoa bro, you must be mistaken. calling me a fat slob? real cool bro. you must get picked on a lot.

. I dont drink anything out of the bottle. especially not vodka. who the hell drinks vodka from the bottle? that shit is nasty!!!
I drink from a vodka bottle. I believe I did this past weekend at ect lol tasty :p I love vodka

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If there is one MK player that deserves zero disrespect it is AC1984.

There's quite a few of my friends who got really mistreated this weekend, and those who are responsible will not be forgotten.
Should I mention a name that you mentioned... while ranting about this person?

Yes, THIS! Wanna_Die, the fat slob that he is, literally sat next to the Vodka I bought for myself, my friend Samantha, Tom Brady and Reo at Devastation while we were all drunk and bullshitting in a packed hotel room. I kept looking over and he kept sipping right out of the bottle...that shit was Grey Goose man...
but by all means, I did mistakenly drink some of your vodka and I will buy you a shot or two of vodka next time I see you. My bad. Next time, lighten up on the insults. No one is perfect.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Omg my head hurts! Maybe its just me but I won't travel to a tourney unless I have a bed to sleep in.

-I don't respect free loaders
-I won't sleep on the floor which means I'll pay for a bed
-I need my sleep so I don't tolerate fucking retards.

SwiftTomHanks, I know we have had our differences in the past but at a tourney I hope you know I would have nothing but respect for you. I'm not traveling for tourneys right now but when I do (as rare as it is) I will never put up with shit like that. and I would get your back in a heart beat.

That said...I think the dynamic of tournaments is changing because of venues like MLG. This nicer venue is more classy and attracts people of "higher quality". (socially responsible, intelligent, mutually respectful)

I'm not suggesting that people at ECT4 were low lifes because like swift said the few ruin it for the majority. But in general I think that the guys at the highest level of gameplay like what was displayed at MLG are 1) smarter than the average MK player and 2) because they are smarter, have more mutual respect for other humans.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way because it is by far NOT the majority of people who act like this...but the few do in fact ruin the fun for everyone else.

exactly, the MK community is awesome in person!! I really enjoy meeting everyone and hanging out with them.. Just not a huge fan of all the trash talking no the forums.. with that being said... next time you guys hear from me it will prob be in person. peace MK community!!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
yea thats what makes she so hot...AND shes got daddy issues :D

on serious note,liu would cover alot of the shit MUS for raka,id play him if not for the undying hate i have for him since mk2.
also that u replied to the comment of hes stupid to use in tournies with that u picking up liu kang, this mean u wont be using baraka in tournies or just that he a alt now?
He is an alt. If he fares better for me in certain matchups I will certainly use him. My next tourney which is the 23rd will hopefully be my last only Baraka tourney(Except for if I face Kabal or Kenshi, even though Liu struggles against Kenshi I have a better chance with him than with Baraka).

Ill still drop by the forums and contribute, just wont be using him unless it will be in my favor to.

Shady

Noob
Man, some members of this community. Show up at a tournament, sleep at your house, then make you drive them to the Philly bus station at 7AM? The NERVE!!!..... Oh wait......

I actually can't believe all the shit that I just read about how SwiftTomHanks got shafted out of his own room. I don't understand how people plan their shit out. You're going to a DIFFERENT CITY, you at the very least pay for your accommodations and food, if not in advance, on the spot. I mean, guys, we have a fucking forum where people can interface and PLAN this kind of shit. The fact that you show up somewhere, stay there for free and don't even acknowledge that is inexcusable at that point. And on top of that STH didn't even make a big fucking deal of it, didn't get anyone in trouble, didn't call security, but took the biggest bullet himself.... Just wow.

As for tournament organizing, I feel you Andrew. I had to help Russell and K-Frog run Toryuken, and I wasn't even on staff, I just realize that they didn't have enough people to run MK right off. It's a headache.

Even so, I think a lot of members of this community are great and I am still happy to be a part of it, but just as a general rule, at tourneys and gatherings I will usually stick to the people I know and like hanging out with (Canada/VSM/WNBA/ a few others).

I'm super sorry your experience at ECT was this shit my friend. Next time I'll try to come to enforce the law. Good to hear you're not abandoning your WNBA minions entirely... speaking of which. I still expect to see you Thursday.... With ice tea.... or else...

P.S. Oh and Insuperable, don't like the local community? Come back to Canada ;).

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
whoa bro, you must be mistaken. calling me a fat slob? real cool bro. you must get picked on a lot.

to respond to your lies, I didnt drink out of that bottle. I poured one drink in a rocks glass and it used the equivalent of maybe a little more than a shot of your vodka. why didnt you say anything to me then? especially if I was stealing your stuff. I dont drink anything out of the bottle. especially not vodka. who the hell drinks vodka from the bottle? that shit is nasty!!!

I thought the vodka was Tom's. I have given him so much free alcohol I figured I didnt have to even ask for a drink. So that was my bad for not knowing it was yours. It sure didnt look like yours. All I saw was Tom making drinks from it.

And fyi, it was Psycho Paff that was stealing stuff from people, not me. I was the one who had to clean up his mess. Thanks for presenting yourself in such a cool manner. If someone was drinking my GREY GOOSE right in front of me without asking I would have said something then, instead of insulting them later.

btw, these kinds of lies and dramatic statements are the exact reason why I don't post on the forums anymore. wasted energy. I would rather put my energy into making money and developing my business, but I figured I would at least stop in and defend myself from your insults and lies.

to respond to your lies, I didnt drink out of that bottle. I poured one drink in a rocks glass and it used the equivalent of maybe a little more than a shot of your vodka. why didnt you say anything to me then? especially if I was stealing your stuff. I dont drink anything out of the bottle. especially not vodka. who the hell drinks vodka from the bottle? that shit is nasty!!!

I thought the vodka was Tom's. I have given him so much free alcohol I figured I didnt have to even ask for a drink. So that was my bad for not knowing it was yours. It sure didnt look like yours. All I saw was Tom making drinks from it.

And fyi, it was Psycho Paff that was stealing stuff from people, not me. I was the one who had to clean up his mess. Thanks for presenting yourself in such a cool manner. If someone was drinking my GREY GOOSE right in front of me without asking I would have said something then, instead of insulting them later.

btw, these kinds of lies and dramatic statements are the exact reason why I don't post on the forums anymore. wasted energy. I would rather put my energy into making money and developing my business, but I figured I would at least stop in and defend myself from your insults and lies.
Fact: No one picks on me in real life. Fact: I saw you do it...she saw you do it. Fact: You are disgusting and you are lying as we speak. Stay classy.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  • Lesson number 1 : nothing is for free. Absolutely nothing. ;)
  • Lesson number 2 : nobody is trustworthy, besides your "real" friends, your parents, your girlfriend/wife and your dog ........ :confused:
  • Lesson number 3 : if you did not learned the lessons 1 and 2, you are in trouble, man .... :p

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
He is an alt. If he fares better for me in certain matchups I will certainly use him. My next tourney which is the 23rd will hopefully be my last only Baraka tourney(Except for if I face Kabal or Kenshi, even though Liu struggles against Kenshi I have a better chance with him than with Baraka).

Ill still drop by the forums and contribute, just wont be using him unless it will be in my favor to.
yea kang certainly does better than raka vs kenshi/kabal.

in your favor? sure when is anything in baraka favor more than a diff choice lol
i still going to try grind out as many the matches as i can with him, except kabal/kang, those fuckers can get mileena lol...im still fucked for kenshi though :(

TheTetraSpirit is he a member here?

edit: I guess he is, do me a favor and respond to ZAF 5 posts above

TheTetraSpirit

1. Did you pay for a room?

2. Who did you work arrangements out with?

3. Why do you main Baraka?

Yes, I payed Dan on Sunday before he left.
I came up with Swift who said we'd all chip in about 20 bucks, which I did.
And I played him 'cause he's the most fun to play for me. :p

Also, zaf I didn't know the bed situation. I saw it open and got in it.
When Ray said it was his, I was confused because I thought he was using the air mattress. I then said if he really wanted it I'd get up but he just kinda went, "No, whatever," and went out. :/

Theme

Noob
I read the OP but have not read the rest of these pages, so I might not know the whole story, but here goes:

Man up and kick them out. Simple as that. If I had to pay from my own pockets, better believe that you'll be the one to sleep in your car or on the floor... I mean no disrespect, just a figure of speech.

Thats my two cents. As for the rest of the whole situation, I dont know enough to comment, but the whole sleeping arrangement sounded easily avoidable. Pay up or gtfo... and if youre kind enough to not care/say anything to them at that point, cool, but to make a forum thread like this to call attention to it, I duno if I agree. You should have done something in the first place yourself. My 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. I do hope youll continue posting on the forums however, since your a cool guy.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
That's pretty harsh Runway, why are you being like this?
Why are you defending shitty behavior?

As far as costs, anyone going to a tournament and booking their own room needs to budget $400 if you are driving by yourself, and $750 if you are flying. Otherwise, if you carpool and split a room with 3 other people, your overall cost for 2 days is $200 to $250.
The problem with budgeting so low is that things undoubtedly happen. You paid one guy for your rides for a weekend, but suddenly he leaves early due to XYZ and then you're stuck. You were promised a spot on the floor of a room for $30, but some random 15 year-old ended up puking all over the floor and then passing out in the middle of it. You *promised* yourself that you weren't gonna go out and spend too much money, then suddenly you're getting blowjobs in a strip club. The fact of the matter is that tournaments are fun, but fun 99.9999% of the time costs money. If you're going to be budgeting as low as $200, then you better be making concessions like bringing your own bread, peanut butter, chips, and soda, because otherwise you might be screwed when shit hits the fan.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Why are you defending shitty behavior?
Because I know the dude, and I know he's a good person that doesn't deserve the bashing. Also he already apologized (in his shitty way) and said he would buy Runway some shots. And that happened like almost a year ago if I understand correctly, what's the point of crying about it now.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't read the whole thread, but you can still be a nice guy, just put your foot down when people cross the line and disrespect you. I don't know STH personally, but anybody who is willing to let people they barely know room with them is a pretty generous and caring person.

If you don't have the money to go to tournaments, people shouldn't go. I would never dream of mooching off of people in that way it's absolutely classless and it shows a certain level of contempt and lack of empathy for your fellow human beings.

I feel guilty having people pay for my movie ticket and pay people back as soon as I get home, how anybody can crash in someone's hotel room and offer NOTHING is shocking to me, especially given how pricely a room is these days, all those people couldn't scrape together 20-30 bucks a piece per night? It makes me sad to hear where STH had to sleep.

Please don't leave the community, any of you SwiftTomHanks Mr. Mileena Insuperable. These disrespectful people are the ones that need to get lost, not the decent, kind people, period.

Ground rules have to be put in place, good people should NEVER be subjected to this type of garbage behavior.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I can't believe you let people kick you out of your own room. You paid for that shit... you kick THEM out.

You shouldn't have to do that either. That whole thing sounds like such a disgrace. Come on people... get your shit together.

Things I learned from touring as a dj that sound like they apply here:

1) if you didn't come here in the same car as me, get the fuck out my room when I'm ready for bed. We didn't rent any more space than needed for our carload.
2) if you show up at my hotel room door and I don't know you, get to kickin' rocks beyatch!
3)ravers will swipe anything you have laying out they can trade for ______. *insert random drug*
4)I don't care if I do know you, that girl you just met and rolled in here with can't stay, I don't know this bitch...

Ok #3 needs a couple words modified but you get the point

Consider this my disclaimer if anyone comes a-knockin' when that day does come

Word! People don't even want to get me started on this, I have a shit ton of mooch stories. Still my last experience at MLG Columbus may have been my smoothest so far. ForeverKing was a great roommate and was clean and courteous. Nothing I've heard has yet to beat the Psycho-Paff story. If you guys haven't heard about this, look up old audio from AU_Wanna_Die at PDP last year. This guy was stealing food and fightsticks and anything else he could get his hands on.

Here is that Audio file Mace.. Im gonna post this link on MKU for Thunder to see too! This is the long awaited bonus footage of us calling out psycho paff when we met him at the hospital. hahhaha memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.