What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

Decay

King of the Bill
I love them. They are gritty and dark and what is really cool is that if you end a huge combo with the brutality ender, it is sort of like an old school one but with amazing animations. The way they showed the brutality off was lame because they didn't lead up from a combo they just literally did the trigger move by itself

ruff321

Noob
I thought they were fantastic. Brutalities are definitely going to be used WAAYY more often in tournaments and casual matches. I knew from the beginning that they were going to do something different with brutalities but overall I'm impressed. Some of you seriously need to take off your nostalgia goggles and accept the changes.

Also I'm in love with Kung Lao's brutality. It looks like such a satisfying way to end the match.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Of course, they wouldn't exactly say how they worked. Just that there were certain conditions that you have to meet during the match (similar to babalities). They did say that they would be somewhat accessible (not difficult), but that some would be harder to pull of than others.
AH I C Thanks :D

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wont lie, when Cassie first did hers at the end of the match I was pretty disappointed, but then they showed the trailer, explained how they work, that you can do them in combos, and there are well over a 100 of them.
This. I saw Cassie's and was like "What? That's it? She punched in in the face?". Then Raiden teleported into Quan and I was like "HOLYFUCKINGSHITBRUTALITIESAREAWESOME!!!!!<3<3<3!!!".

It also seems like it will be possible to accidentally do a Brutality, which would be hype as fuck! Fatalities get old, but a Brutality could literally happen at the end of any match and no one, not even the players, would always know.

Last edited:
I just realized these remind me heavily of the Samurai Showndown finishers, especially the Fatalities they added in V special.

All right, best and worst so far:

Best-
Quan Chi portal- Damn, just damn. Reminds me of Suija's finisher.
Dvorah chest burster- I was super unimpressed right until the amazing moment.
Raiden inside you
Scorp flame chains- after having the last game with every single move end with the player split in half(likely because of technical difficulties) it's nice to see something that reminds me of the MK1 burnt skeleton.
Cassie- it's dumb as all hell, but also funny as shit because of it.

Worst-
Cassie punches- Hollly shit what a bad idea to have this one be the reveal. It's so underwhelming that I didn't even realize what had happened. Needs something at the end to really "make" it.
Dvorah bugs- bleh. Seems anticlimactic.

Soooo I missed the part on how they explained how to do them. Can someone explain? I was on a call :(
They said you might have to fulfill requirements during the fight like how you would with babalities. From the other brutalities, it looks like one of the requirements is that you have to perform the EX version of a move to perform a Brutality.

Kotal Kahn's brutality in the trailer was pretty damn awesome, and highlighted that many of these brutalities will be exclusive to certain character variations. It looks like, more or less, there will be a unique brutality for every special move.

Also, the first brutality demonstrated with Scorpion seems to have the requirement of crouching several times in a match. Either that or Derrick was disrespecting the shit out of Tyler.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
they are cool indeed .... the old brutatilites were kinda lame and stupid, this one type it's simple and objective, and work as just a end combo extension and sort of a humiliation move, so .... fatalities have tendency to get boring with time and players stop to using them, so, I see this new brutality being used more often .... and you can more or less make your own style, doing with different combos , then using the brutality to finish the enemy in stylistic fashion .... you have now a way more flexible to use brutalities , doing with a 5-hit combos, a 10-hit combo,, etc ... I bet some players will try to challenge others, trying to do brutalities after the maximum number of combo hits possible per each character, hehe :D

I think a lot of us have wanted them to implement something like this for the longest time, myself included.

I wouldn't doubt they've taken some ideas from different MK community members too concerning this.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
@Rathalos "I wont lie, when Cassie first did hers at the end of the match I was pretty disappointed, but then they showed the trailer, explained how they work, that you can do them in combos, and there are well over a 100 of them."

This. I saw Cassie's and was like "What? That's it? She punched in in the face?". Then Raiden teleported into Quan and I was like "HOLYFUCKINGSHITBRUTALITIESAREAWESOME!!!!!<3<3<3!!!".

It also seems like it will be possible to accidentally do a Brutality, which would be hype as fuck! Fatalities get old, but a Brutality could literally happen at the end of each match and no one, not even the players, would always know.

P.S. How the hell do you quote now? When I click "quote", it just says it's been added to multi-quote, whatever that means.
Clicking "REPLY" will give you the normal quote/response option. The "+quote" allows you to quote multiple people (it adds them into your reply)

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Old ones there was really one kind... This time 100++...& maybe 1 like the old ones for fun... NRS is like that sometimes...
Also maybe they could add more later even... Maybe let a tournament winner design one for their character... Would be dope as fuck