What's new

The best MB special in the game?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Cassie isn't a MB but a EH move. Inj kids lol
Technically this person is correct.

What everyone is describing are Enhanced Specials from the start, not specials you burn meter on after activation to make them enhanced versions :p
LOL that why i made sure to put the "E" in caps in my post. Had to make sure i spelled Klone right too. Scrubs spelling it the a C and all :D
i feel like Ex Klone would be beast if it handled right. so much potential. but i like the ones that give full juggles and get you TFO! so The power flip. I just hate that everything air wise with her take stamina. Ive seen even top 8 play where they run out of run lol. With that said most improved is Princess K's Rising Lift.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
1. EX spin
2. EX back flip
3. EX hell sparks
4. EX rune
5. EX low scoop

So Bone Shaper has two top 5 EX special moves, but a certain someone considers Shinnok to be mid tier.

Interesting.
I already had like a 2 hour discussion when cowboy. He's the biggest downplayed known to mankind..

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Tempest MB Spin, no doubt about it.

7 frames, allowing him to punish all those tricky -7 and -8 moves in MKX.
Best AA in the game, punishes all jump ins and crossovers.
Leads to combo damage and ultimately, momentum.
Extends combos.
Armoured, meaning it can blow through gaps.
Can be used a viable wake up.
Has deceiving range.
Requires a character specific punish when blocked.

No contest.
i agree with tempest but am at a cross road with multi hitting MB moves.. they have the potential to stuff the one hit MB's..

i could be wrong but im sure it takes a 6 frame move to punish a -7 frame move

omooba

fear the moobs
Yo TYM,

The title is pretty self explanatory. You can grade them any way you want, but just overall what is the best MB special in the game?

My vote goes to Cassie's MB flip kick (power flip). It is the fastest (or second fastest to reptile's MB slide?) at 6 frame start up, has armor, Mid hitting, launches (for full combo), and is 99% safe (unless in the corner) at -12 because of it's movement. Its range is its only "drawback" but even then its hitbox makes it great for AA. It solves a lot of problems for Cassie, like making her mixups safe, getting her out of pressure situations, punishing gaps in strings safely, anti airing, does slightly more dmg (9% raw, reg is 6% raw)... I could go on.

The only other MB special I could think that might have qualities that could match Cassie's Power flip... MB Clone @xQUANTUMx :DOGE

Honestly, maybe MB punchwalk? Now that they've toned down Tanya's teleport I can't think of anything.

Thoughts?
Discussion?

Please don't turn this into a Buff/nerf thread. just stick to the discussion!
YOU GUY'S ARE MISSING A VERY IMPORTANT WAKE UP.
it has every thing you want in a wake up. including it taking u to heaven, stepping on ur opponents head and making them feel embarassed that they got hit by it, especially considering the fact that this character has probably been talking trash the entire game. yup u guessed in QUANCHI'S SKY DROP!!!! NO CONTEST

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Scorpion runs away with this one, EX MB spear bitches.

For two bars I get 8% damage, no armour, still a high and the same speed as regular spear....

Wait a minute.........:eek:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kotal's overhead sword.

Overhead, 15f, anti air, anti-crossup, footsie tool, catches backdashes, can react to this from almost 3/4 screen away, is a mixup and if someone jumps the first hit they get launched by the second with enough time to switch sides.

Kung Lao's spin doesn't compare because this move does the exact same things but has even more utility.

This move alone makes War god a viable pick in tournament because of the sheer amount of things you can react to with it. It's the best reactionary move in the game.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Kotal's overhead sword.

Overhead, 15f, anti air, anti-crossup, footsie tool, catches backdashes, can react to this from almost 3/4 screen away, is a mixup and if someone jumps the first hit they get launched by the second with enough time to switch sides.

Kung Lao's spin doesn't compare because this move does the exact same things but has even more utility.

This move alone makes War god a viable pick in tournament because of the sheer amount of things you can react to with it. It's the best reactionary move in the game.
@Pnut

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ex Punchwalk.

Has to be.

Launches for full combo and has multi-hitting armor, as well as, being safe on block. It also gets him out of a TON of fucked up knockdown situations b/c of that armor.

E

Eldriken

Ex Punchwalk.

Has to be.

Launches for full combo and has multi-hitting armor, as well as, being safe on block. It also gets him out of a TON of fucked up knockdown situations b/c of that armor.
Hand Cannon > EX Punchwalk. It cares not about its armor. =P

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Friendly reminder that converting from Cassie's EX flipkick is very stamina costly and is significantly easier to punish when she's cornered. It ticks a lot of boxes but it does still have it's drawbacks.

And this is coming from someone who's characters get bopped by that move lol.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah don't get me wrong, EX Getaway Flip is good for crossups but it'll whiff a lot with other jump attacks. With EX Spin you literally cannot use an offensive jump attack when you're in range. You can't Neutral Jump, Crossup, Jump in - even the notorious Kotal J1 and Scorpion J3 fall to the great Spin.

It's also an amazing whiff punisher. It's only draw-back is that it's unsafe on block. EX Getaway Flip is unsafe in the corner, has a tiny horizontal hitbox, has a fairly low damage output midscreen and isn't a good whiff-punisher. It's still amazing though.
It's quicker to list the cons than the pros of these two moves so here it goes.

Cons of EX Spin:
- Unsafe on block
- 1f slower than EX Getaway Flip

Cons of EX Getaway Flip:
- Poor horizontal hitbox
- Less useful as an anti-air than EX Spin
- Poor whiff punisher
- Unsafe in the corner
- Less damaging than EX Spin
- Requires stamina to convert