What's new

The best MB special in the game?

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Yo TYM,

The title is pretty self explanatory. You can grade them any way you want, but just overall what is the best MB special in the game?

My vote goes to Cassie's MB flip kick (power flip). It is the fastest (or second fastest to reptile's MB slide?) at 6 frame start up, has armor, Mid hitting, launches (for full combo), and is 99% safe (unless in the corner) at -12 because of it's movement. Its range is its only "drawback" but even then its hitbox makes it great for AA. It solves a lot of problems for Cassie, like making her mixups safe, getting her out of pressure situations, punishing gaps in strings safely, anti airing, does slightly more dmg (9% raw, reg is 6% raw)... I could go on.

The only other MB special I could think that might have qualities that could match Cassie's Power flip... MB Clone @xQUANTUMx :DOGE

Honestly, maybe MB punchwalk? Now that they've toned down Tanya's teleport I can't think of anything.

Thoughts?
Discussion?

Please don't turn this into a Buff/nerf thread. just stick to the discussion!

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Kung Lao MB spin in Tempest

Oh you want to Jump in? Get AA'd, eat 30%+
Oh theres a gap in your string? Get launched for a full combo

And do I even have to mention the damage KL gets with 1 bar for using this thing to extend combos?

Edit: The amazing AA factor puts this move at the top for me, especially with how air priority is currently

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Tempest's EX Spin.

Considering how bad anti-airs are, that move is a godsend. Plus the damage, the start-up, and the range. Cassie's MB Getaway Flip is great and all but it has a horrible horizontal hitbox.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I don't know about best, but I think EX Shocker and EX Rising Karma are gr8.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Tempest's EX Spin.

Considering how bad anti-airs are, that move is a godsend. Plus the damage, the start-up, and the range. Cassie's MB Getaway Flip is great and all but it has a horrible horizontal hitbox.
Ex flip kick is a really really good AA, especially on cross ups. i'm not disagreeing about tempest's ex spin, it is just as good as you're saying. But you can basically get the same thing with ex flip kick, and it's always safe.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Ex flip kick is a really really good AA, especially on cross ups. i'm not disagreeing about tempest's ex spin, it is just as good as you're saying. But you can basically get the same thing with ex flip kick, and it's always safe.
Yeah don't get me wrong, EX Getaway Flip is good for crossups but it'll whiff a lot with other jump attacks. With EX Spin you literally cannot use an offensive jump attack when you're in range. You can't Neutral Jump, Crossup, Jump in - even the notorious Kotal J1 and Scorpion J3 fall to the great Spin.

It's also an amazing whiff punisher. It's only draw-back is that it's unsafe on block. EX Getaway Flip is unsafe in the corner, has a tiny horizontal hitbox, has a fairly low damage output midscreen and isn't a good whiff-punisher. It's still amazing though.

Cassie is the best ! But i really like the new kitana MB Rising Blade people have to respect that, because now is a full combo...

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Tempest MB Spin, no doubt about it.

7 frames, allowing him to punish all those tricky -7 and -8 moves in MKX.
Best AA in the game, punishes all jump ins and crossovers.
Leads to combo damage and ultimately, momentum.
Extends combos.
Armoured, meaning it can blow through gaps.
Can be used a viable wake up.
Has deceiving range.
Requires a character specific punish when blocked.

No contest.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
The hitbox on cassies flipkick is surprisingly bad it hits from like 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock. Kung laos spin is probably better.

It whiffs on crossovers and i've had it low profiled before

I think it would be ex spin ex flipkick then ex predator trap for me