What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah you probably right. Oh, and on that same video you can see many time the jump kick + ex-tp which not works for me when I'm trying to (dunno why, when I touch the opponent in the air, the ex-tp seems to work 1/10 time :/ )

I just succeed the bubble upercut combot. It was a question of timing actually. I was just holding too long the "down" to upercut. Probably coz I use to make the storm first and you need a lil delay to upercut into combot ^^
Does it work after d2, d2+1, d2, d2+1, 43 bubble ?

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Does it work after d2, d2+1, d2, d2+1, 43 bubble ?
Nope. It wont work. From testing it, itll only work if you catch your opponent with the bubble on the ground and not mid air.

Leooooh

Noob
Hey!!

I am begining to practice with Rain now, and I have a question regarding wich combo should I use as my BnB.
I am practicing the 43, water bubble, uppercut, 43, lightning, RH, 43 Aqua Splash and the 43, lightning, uppercut, 43, water bubble, reset or the 43 Aqua Splash.

But what combo should I use as my main BnB. The one that uses the Water Bubble with the upercut is the most damaging, and we can use the EX Water Bubble in the begining of the combo to make sure it will conect entirely.

On the other hand, the 43, lightning, uppercut, 43, bubble can use the reset to continue the pressure after the bubble. It is also possible to use the EX lightning to make it safe and play some mindgames on the oponent.

Right now, I think that the reset is the valid option, but before reaching this conclusion I would like to hear something from more experienced players.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

BookBurning

Voidwards
Hey!!

I am begining to practice with Rain now, and I have a question regarding wich combo should I use as my BnB.
I am practicing the 43, water bubble, uppercut, 43, lightning, RH, 43 Aqua Splash and the 43, lightning, uppercut, 43, water bubble, reset or the 43 Aqua Splash.

But what combo should I use as my main BnB. The one that uses the Water Bubble with the upercut is the most damaging, and we can use the EX Water Bubble in the begining of the combo to make sure it will conect entirely.

On the other hand, the 43, lightning, uppercut, 43, bubble can use the reset to continue the pressure after the bubble. It is also possible to use the EX lightning to make it safe and play some mindgames on the oponent.

Right now, I think that the reset is the valid option, but before reaching this conclusion I would like to hear something from more experienced players.

Thanks a lot guys!!!
Well Rain has 2 viable options that both have their benefits and negatives. If you want to go for straight damage, do the 43, waterball uppercut combo but I don't recommend resetting with it, when you do that I would go for the damage, of course situationally though.

If you want to reset do 43 Lightning, uppercut into 43 waterball. It gives you a bit more damage before the Reset and, still, gives you the reset. I personally use both, and alot depending. When I use the waterbubble I do it to get a positional and frame advantage so I can normally go in for RH cancels to build meter quickly.

So this is it.

If you want guaranteed high damage, do 43 waterbubble uppercut.

If you want more mixup options or want to try and build meter do 43 lightning uppercut. Both are equally good tools and at a high level you should really be implementing them both depending on the situation you're in. Goodluck with Rain man! He's not only really fun, but a good character as well.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Resetting with the bubble is key in rains game. Ideally, you should want to sacrifice about 5% damage for a reset option, as your next block string could do 4-5% chip anyway and you can fish for another combo. You should never want the opponent to get away from you. The bubble gives you that.

Leooooh

Noob
Hey Book Burning!!!

Thank you so much for the tips regarding wich combo to use with Rain. Most of the time I am using the 43, lightning, uppercut combo to abuse the reset. I tested it in the practice mode with the blocking on, and even after the reset, if I am abble to hit at least one 43, RH calcel after the bubble reset the damage goes to more than 40% (If you connect JIP, 43, lightning, uppercut, 43, bubble, you already have 35% of dmg. So if they continue to block after the bubble, you will continue with 43, RH cancel at least once, wich gives us 4%, dealing 39% of dmg....or if you can grab them after the bubble we get a free 11%, resulting in 46% wich is great).

I see myself using more the 43, bubble, upercut combo when I am certain that it will connect, for example, after a blocked Ice Ball (Sub-Zero), Scorpions Normal Teleport and other kind of things that can be punished with a full combo. But most of the time I am doing the reset combo, since it gives you a lot of options after the reset.

Now I need to practice that standing 1 as an anti-air. Being abble to hit this effectively is a great advantage since it gives you a free combo. I feel that I must learn to hit this to make sure I am playing a good Rain. Any advises on this subject???

At last, the possibilities of the RH cancels are enormous. You can do a lot of things to play mind games on your oponent. I still making some mistakes, like throwing a Geyser Kick for inputing the wrong command but soon this won't happen anymore. I am also practicing the d+3 RH and d+4 RH cancels as a way to poke the oponent. This poke is amazing to get the RH cancels going, but I still need to practice it more.

Like you said, Rain is really fun to use and also is very strong (much more than I thought), but requires a lot of practice to play it at full control. Right now it has definitely become my main!!!!!

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Hey Book Burning!!!
Now I need to practice that standing 1 as an anti-air. Being abble to hit this effectively is a great advantage since it gives you a free combo. I feel that I must learn to hit this to make sure I am playing a good Rain. Any advises on this subject???

Like you said, Rain is really fun to use and also is very strong (much more than I thought), but requires a lot of practice to play it at full control. Right now it has definitely become my main!!!!!
Welcome to the Rain army man!

As for the stand 1 anti-air, I believe I perfected that one. Check out my tourney vids in the video thread. Basically what I do is create space so your opponent is tempted to go for a jump in. Make them feel like you're doing something wrong so they'll be wanting to go in for a jump in. Then hit 1,1, 43 water bubble... reset or damage, you decide.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Use this to ask any and all Rain related questions

Alot of the threads here could have been answered in this thread and this thread alone; unfortunately while combining those threads with this, I made a few mistakes so some of your questions may be jumbled, you have my sincere apology. If any of you have a question that needs to be re-asked because of this, ask away and I'll answer as fast as possible if anyone else doesn't.

Best aa for damage and reset

Hey guys I was wondering what AA combo you use the most after a AA,AA for damage and reset. And is it possible to do this combo it won't connect 1,1,4,3, Lightning, Dash,Dash,Uppercut,4,3, Aqua splash ?

Here is mine for damage 1,1,4,3,Bubble,4,3,Lightning,RH,4,3,.........(Tele,aquasplash,Uppercut Depend)
For the reset 1,1,4,3,Lightning,Ehn Bulle or bubble

SaJa

FH_FenriR
And is it possible to do this combo it won't connect 1,1,4,3, Lightning, Dash,Dash,Uppercut,4,3, Aqua splash ?
No. Even with the bubble first (and then upercut) it won't work.

Sasuga

Noob
Hey guys I was wondering what AA combo you use the most after a AA,AA for damage and reset. And is it possible to do this combo it won't connect 1,1,4,3, Lightning, Dash,Dash,Uppercut,4,3, Aqua splash ?

Here is mine for damage 1,1,4,3,Bubble,4,3,Lightning,RH,4,3,.........(Tele,aquasplash,Uppercut Depend)
For the reset 1,1,4,3,Lightning,Ehn Bulle or bubble
I've never been able to juggle after an uppercut if the opponent has been juggled already in the same combo. I figure this is either not possible or very hard. After 1,1 anti-air it doesn't do much damage either; the scaling is huge. I go for 1,1,4,3~lightning,RH,4,3,bubble.

I try to do as much damage from anti-air/punishes/etc. etc. and always end with bubble. This way you set the opponent up for a reset and you can continue your pressure.

Luija1006

since 1995
I created this thread such a LONG time ago (first day rain was released) and I had no idea this became a sticky. Actually, I don't use rain anymore lol

BookBurning

Voidwards
I created this thread such a LONG time ago (first day rain was released) and I had no idea this became a sticky. Actually, I don't use rain anymore lol
The reason it says you created it was because when I merged threads I accidentally used one of your threads as the host-thread; I had to rename it but couldn't change the author so it says you created this; that's why I have the red notice at the beginning.

Zeppeli actually is the original creator of this thread. :p

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Here a couple of questions :

Is Ermac a bad match up for Rain ? I don't know why I keep losing against good Ermac players for x reasons. I know pretty well ermac since I play him so I have no idea why my rain lose like this whereas my strykers, reptile can do better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know why Cdjr dropped Rain ? :(

What the best way to make damage after direct storm + bubble ? I use to do as bookburning : 4, RH, 4, geyser.

Here a couple of questions :

Is Ermac a bad match up for Rain ? I don't know why I keep losing against good Ermac players for x reasons. I know pretty well ermac since I play him so I have no idea why my rain lose like this whereas my strykers, reptile can do better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know why Cdjr dropped Rain ? :(

What the best way to make damage after direct storm + bubble ? I use to do as bookburning : 4, RH, 4, geyser.
Honestly I think Rain looses to zoners in general. Any zoning character will give him problems.

CDjr dropped Rain because Jax is way better lol.