What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
i do 43 bubble 43 lightning RH 43 tele. most consistent. its in the upper 20s in damage though
Thanks! I was wondering how to link them all into the combo (bubble, lightning, RH) and without using meter!

Now, I know you would probably never encounter this situation, but if you can win the match with it you could:

D1 AA into 43 lightning, 43 bubble, 43 Xray, uppercut. It does 38% haha. Found that in practice mode yesterday. lol

Slade

Make It Rain
How big of a window do you have to connect 43 after B2-RH cancel? I get it once every 5 tries maybe...

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
How big of a window do you have to connect 43 after B2-RH cancel? I get it once every 5 tries maybe...
B2 RH cancel is plus 2 on block. Which means your 10 frame 43 becomes like an 8 frame attack. This means that anything 7 frames (most d3's) or 6 frames (sektors jab, most d1s, reptile dash, and KL spin) will still beat it. People can also jump, armor, tele(raiden) and ice clone. So there are many ways out.

Slade

Make It Rain
B2 RH cancel is plus 2 on block. Which means your 10 frame 43 becomes like an 8 frame attack. This means that anything 7 frames (most d3's) or 6 frames (sektors jab, most d1s, reptile dash, and KL spin) will still beat it. People can also jump, armor, tele(raiden) and ice clone. So there are many ways out.
So I take it you suggest not to do it? lol

Maybe do it every once in a while to mix it up. Or use EXRH to protect yourself. But I guess there's better options.

Thanks.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So I take it you suggest not to do it? lol

Maybe do it every once in a while to mix it up. Or use EXRH to protect yourself. But I guess there's better options.

Thanks.
The RH cancel is very good especially off of b2 because of the mixup and the ability to let the RH fly or cancel it. It has a lot of options so it is very good. If they poke out then you just counter poke and then you are fine again. Its just regular pressure mindgames and rain is one of the best at them.

Picking rain back up and I had some questions.

1. What do you guys use as his best footsy tools, pokes, etc.?

2. I like ending combos with teleport, has anyone played around with ending a combo in xray, after the rh kick doing jk teleport? It's mad confusing and I imagine it really screws with wake up inputs.

3. Do you have any specific ways that you set up a bait situation to use your ex rh?

....4. Does anyone still play rain?
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
1. :bkRH(C) and :exRHC4,3; block confirm RH(C) or hit confirm Bubble. His d4 and d1 are both standard, his d3 is -2 on hit but lowers his hitbox a ton.

2. Some characters get a guaranteed wakeup if you end a long combo in teleport and they have a fast special (eg sub zeros 10 frame slide), just something to be aware of. Though a human opponent has never done this to me, it's just from having wakeup on in training mode. So I still use teleport to end combos all the time.

3. Some might say H2O boost but this has 53 frames duration, more than enough time for a good player to punish you before you can get your armour on unless you do it mid-juggle and then you are sacrificing damage. After a knockdown is a good time to use (d4):exRHC as it beats every regular wakeup in the game and most :ex ones too.

SZSR

Noob
Hey guys, had a quick question about Rain. How do you recommend practicing and getting down using water bubble to uppercut in the middle of a combo? For the life of me I can't figure it out in practice mode. Do you put the opponent behind your head or something?

Hey guys, had a quick question about Rain. How do you recommend practicing and getting down using water bubble to uppercut in the middle of a combo? For the life of me I can't figure it out in practice mode. Do you put the opponent behind your head or something?
the right edge of the bubble pretty much lines up with the middle of his head, as high as you can put it of course. then just tap d+2 (don't hold down or 2 at all).

SZSR

Noob
Cool and can you tell me which way i'm supposed to dash to connect the 4,3?

Much appreciated, i'm trying to learn as much of this as I can on my own but some of this stuff leaves me stuck. :/

if you're on the left side when you put them in the bubble you would be doing a backwards uppercut, so you just dash left. same thing for when you're on the right, you would dash right.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I'm relatively new to Rain (can't get uppercut combos to save my life). I believe all his pressure/interrupts should be started with "3" cuz its his fastest combo starter[9 frames] and hits crouching opponents. Is this common knowledge or is there any reason why this isn't a good idea?

Slade

Make It Rain
I'm relatively new to Rain (can't get uppercut combos to save my life). I believe all his pressure/interrupts should be started with "3" cuz its his fastest combo starter[9 frames] and hits crouching opponents. Is this common knowledge or is there any reason why this isn't a good idea?
In my personal experience, I hardly ever use 3, especially during my pressure game, because a lot of times I end up gettin a geyser kick that comes out unintentionally after the 3,3 string. Or even just trying to input 3RH.

If you can do it consistently, you should though cuz the 3,3 is obviously a faster string, but it's just something to be cautious of.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Is 43, Aqua splash plus(+) on block?
Aqua splash is -2 and has some minor push back. It isnt positive in any way. Is there a reason you think it might be? The pushback after might be spacing out your next move and rains 4 and b2 have great range allowing the water gun to seem like hes beating you cause of advantage.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
The problem with using 3 in RHpressure is that while b2rhc, 4rhc, 43rhc, d4rhc and 2rhc are all + 2 to +3 on block, 3rhc is actually -8 on block which would essentially end your pressure. I use 3RH to counterpoke, and punish things like raiden's teleport, reptile's enchanced dash, ect. It's a great combo starter that leads to 41% midscreen and 53% in the corner but it's only 1fr faster than 4rh and lacks range so it can only be used close up. As far as those uppercut combos just keep practicing pimp and you'll get em. One tip is to just make sure the bubble is just behind your head and wait till the bubble pops to input the uppercut. Unless you're online of course then you uppercut the before you think it will pop.

Slade

Make It Rain
Allright... this is probably more of a general question, but what is the weakness of Smoke's shake? I don't think I've ever really figured it out. It seems like no matter what type of attack I do, it always gets countered. It's not an invincible move, and it drives me crazy that I can't figure out how to counteract it...

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Aqua splash is -2 and has some minor push back. It isnt positive in any way. Is there a reason you think it might be? The pushback after might be spacing out your next move and rains 4 and b2 have great range allowing the water gun to seem like hes beating you cause of advantage.
I got mk for the vita since i dont have a tv now. When i do 43 and cancel into aqua splash in training mode, it looks like i recover faster (My character jumps before the other character). Thats why i'm asking..

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Allright... this is probably more of a general question, but what is the weakness of Smoke's shake? I don't think I've ever really figured it out. It seems like no matter what type of attack I do, it always gets countered. It's not an invincible move, and it drives me crazy that I can't figure out how to counteract it...
Lightning beats smoke's parry and his enchanced parry. D1, D3, D4 and sweep will also beat enchanced parry. If you see smoke throw out a parry from anywhere on the screen you can punish with a lightning combo between 24% and 32% damage. If he tries an enchanced parry up close you could D4 into RHpressure as well. Rain is actually one of the few characters that can punish smoke's enchanced parry with a combo at all. Once you get used to punishing it you'll be dying for him to throw it out.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
I seem to be having trouble landing the lightning after the 4,3 on the second time around....any way to fix that, the combo goes, B+2, B+1, 4,3, water ball, 4,3 (lightning doesn't hit)

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
I seem to be having trouble landing the lightning after the 4,3 on the second time around....any way to fix that, the combo goes, B+2, B+1, 4,3, water ball, 4,3 (lightning doesn't hit)
If you're attempting the combo B2,1+2,43xxbubble,43lightning, RH, 4xxgeyser for 34% damage and you mean the lightning is not connecting it's probably due to you doing the 43xxlightning to early. At that point in the combo the gravity hasn't begun to pull the opponent down very fast so you have to wait till they're about chest high before inputing the 43xxlightning. Honestly though there are many B2,1+2 combos that give you more damage so IMO that one isn't worth practicing. Here are some better options:

-Max damage-B2,1+2 ,dash,2, dash, 43xxbubble,uppercut, 43xxlightning,RH,slight step forward,4xxgeyser-44%/47%jip,-24%meter

-Easier-B2,1+2 ,dash,1, dash, 43xxbubble,uppercut, 43xxlightning,RH,slight step forward,4xxgeyser-42%/45%jip,-24%meter

-Easiest-B2,1+2,43xxbubble,uppercut, 43xxlightning,RH,4xxgeyser-40%/43%jip,-24%meter

Hope that helps pimp. If you're not used to doing the bubble just behind the head uppercut combos just keep practicing them and you'll get them eventually. Any experienced Rain player will tell you, once you get them down you'll almost never drop them.