What's new

The Armory - Video Podcast Show Test Episode - 1080HD - Give me feedback + ideas for future shows

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I absolutely love this this idea pig and am hype for future episodes! :D I would love to see the return of "Kryptonite Academy" for MKX but with, you know, a different name. :p Kombat techniques? Variation specialization? Eh, you get the idea. Anyway, how it would work is you and someone who specializes with a character sit down and they give advice/ a basic character tutorial of the character that breaksdown combos and strats. You could also go over matches you have with that person to have them explain their strategies more in depth. Just something I think the community would appreciate. :)

@Pig Of The Hut

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@Pig Of The Hut
I've labeled the three suggestions in [ ] brackets because I wish to explain them in detail afterwards so you can see what I'm trying to say/where I'm coming from. I hope you take into consideration not even the suggestions themselves, but the reasoning behind them.

[1].The Kryptonite Academy was not only a great way to learn more about certain characters and match ups, but it also brought attention to a lot of players. Case in point is the household-name like status of all the players you made the character breakdowns with. Anything like that present would only make the podcast even more enjoyable.
[2].Updating the community on certain patches/ their ETA's, or certain rules/standards being changed/advertised in tournament settings would be a great, informative way of highlighting talking points, but also almost by default directing inquisitive viewers to the forums for further information. If there are any threads or videos/ media you would feel can complement the discussion, vocally recommending or showing a splash screen with the information listed would be a good way of directing viewers to things you feel you may not be able to cover, or may not wish to dwell on in the podcast. To give you an example of what I mean, the Battle and brew video made me wish I lived in Atlanta. I've got family there and may actually head there just for that. Something that may not have been the case had I not seen this test video. The video complemented what you wanted to highlight, and did so perfectly.
[3].Having images on the television screen that almost foreshadow what would be discussed/shown on the podcast I feel would be a great touch. My eye was constantly drawn towards Erron Black due to it being a fairly vivid color palette with the contrasting screens. I feel this could be an invaluable tool to either generate interest, or prep viewers for what's in store.

-The current set up seemed incredibly elaborate and meticulous. I am sure it isn't by mistake, as it does a great job of focusing the attention towards the screen. I feel you speaking in front of the camera as more than a voice or an avatar is an incredibly effective way of making the podcast feel personal and deliberate. The effects, animations, designs etc. used are not only impressive, but they are effective and have very powerful applications. Few people notice certain aspects of graphic design, media direction etc. and dismiss certain things as mere bells and whistles. Whereas advertisements and billboard ads prove the contrary while also highlighting just how effective proper use of resources can be at drawing in potential buyers. So to translate this concept into a parallel between the aforementioned and this podcast I would like to highlight why I pointed out the above suggestions;

-The podcast is going to be discussing many aspects of MKX. I'm sure a majority of which would be in the realm of improving as players, understanding and discussing match ups and tech, and getting into the nitty gritty of the game. That is why I suggested suggestion [1] and any sort of similar segment to the Kryptonite Academy. Those were effective tools that you had already delved in the process of highlighting, and so implementation into this podcast is complementary. The screen you showed of you pointing to certain sections of the screen during a match is brilliant and should not be overlooked.

-The screen you had with upcoming tournaments and events is excellent. It clearly lists the tournaments in chronological order and even though the information is relayed nice and clear, you added a little more as you went over them. Personalizing the information as you did with your example of your great experiences with Vandy's tournaments further solidifies the information you display and bring them to light even more. Therefore, including [2] into a timeline may also provide an excellent avenue to discuss either upcoming patches, or perhaps dilemmas with tournament standards, venues being changed, players in predicaments, fundraisers, etc. and beyond. The information is succinct when clearly listed, and so even touching base on certain things slightly only aid in viewer reception.

-The reason people who are invited to seminars to speak or lecture seem to know what they're doing is because they mostly do. There are classes devoted to teaching people how to be a public speaker, and speak in a way that will capture audiences. None of any of this is necessary at all. But I wanted to point this out because you were already doing something that is echoed by proprietors of those classes: Speaking TO the audience is extremely effective, which is why you speaking in front of a backdrop is more important than you may have perhaps even considered. Studies have been made to show that even seeing a person's hands move when they speak increase a person's information retention because just like in a regular conversation, we observe and communicate with our hands, our eyes, our body language and of course our voice. The podcast feels more like a conversation to the individual listener in the current manner in which it is shot, framed and designed. If feel this method is extremely useful, just as it would be when you are doing simple gestures like pointing at certain parts of a match in say a break down video of a match. This also leads to [3]. As I previously stated, Erron Black constantly caught my attention. I feel like that is an opportunity you do not want to miss. It caught my attention and it's simply a screenshot. If you WANT to bring something to the viewer's attention, I think that would be a great way to do so, as it seems to already have worked on me. Perhaps a player's avatar if you want to discuss something about them, perhaps a character if the podcast would be focused on them etc. It could also double as a table of contents like set up, that may or may not go in chronological order. The whole miltiple screens design was easy on the eyes and looked very cool. It didn't seem cluttered or overwhelming.

The production value and quality is top notch and sublime. The potential for what can be attained through this podcast's conception is one that could easily be a crowning acheivement in the community. This is an excellent test video showcasing what looks to be an incredible creation. I wish you the best of luck, and hope to aid in whatever way I can. I know I'm not alone in saying that. This must have taken a lot of time and dedication, and it shows. Hell, it doesn't even look like a test video. If it came out of the gate exactly the way it is, you've already began to impress.

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
This is awesome dude. Love the set and everything. Only thing that didn't look that great imo was the background for the event calendar. This is mad hype though!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Heh, the "Shoryuken's Prison" name was actually thought up by me. Me, REO, and others in the skype call were thinking of name to give the setup Shoryuken used with Sub, I came up with that. Then Tom later made fun of it and exposed it.

Anyway, great work @Pig Of The Hut! Battle & Brew looks amazing!! Can't wait for the 27th! This show is awesome, please do more and more!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Pig I have a segment you should definitely add. I'm sure you watch espn first take in the morning with Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith. You need a debate segment. Maybe take the most controversy topic of the week or the one you find most interesting and have a sit down with another person to debate it.

So we name dropping now @Pig Of The Hut ? Lol next time u single me out on a quote in ur video make sure u have ur facts straight. 1. I don't own a copy of the game, I played it through someone else who had a copy. 2. I don't even play reptile and was quoting what showtime said day 1 with reptile....

kevkopdx

Noob
this is incredibly good- i only echo one critique; the schedule's graphic design can be better. i do graphic design and would contribute anything you wanted. but im kind of amazed because the production value across the board is great- this is no easy feat, i know how much work this is - great job! so impressed!

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
this is incredibly good- i only echo one critique; the schedule's graphic design can be better. i do graphic design and would contribute anything you wanted. but im kind of amazed because the production value across the board is great- this is no easy feat, i know how much work this is - great job! so impressed!
you better be at NWM!