What's new

The Armory - Video Podcast Show Test Episode - 1080HD - Give me feedback + ideas for future shows

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is a test episode for a video podcast I've been wanting to put together for a while. Pretty rushed but im using this test episode to see what the viewers want to see and discuss some of the ideas of what is to expect from this show/video podcast. Please feel free to leave any feedback - Positive/Negative and I appreciate it.

Segments on this show:
  • Welcome
  • Introduction to the Set I made for the show
  • Look at upcoming Tournaments
  • A Look at the New Atlanta BNB
  • Closing words
These episode will range from 15-60 Mins. I'm planning to have interviews w TOs, Players, Educational Segments for Beginners and Pros as well as off beat humor segments like Shoryuken Prison made famous by @Tom Brady

Please leave your feedback and ideas and I will listen - I film this at my house and some at work so ehh cant have guests on the show but I can conference them in on video skype and such

@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@HomeLee1121
@colt
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Dizzy
@EMPEROR_THEO
@SonicFox5000
@Laos_boy
@Relaxedstate
@Kenshi Army
@STB Shujinkydink
@Vandy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig Of The Hut

Woah its like SportsCenter for MK. Awesome job @Pig Of The Hut. Seriously professionally done. Tons of potential for a project like this. Tournament replays, interviews, patch discussions.

Looks like a ton of work to put together something like this though heh.
I built the SET w Virtual Set editor 2.0 and Maya, the set has been built and have multiple angles already built for future episodes

Whatever ideas you guys have please let me know because i can probably do it

Skype people in on tv, the small TVs, animate those individual TVs in the background

Tons of stuff, the foundation is built so now i need to focus on future content to really put it all together

I definitely plan to do mu breakdowns, tourney breakdown footage and etc

Pig Of The Hut

Impressive! Is this what you've been doing in After Effects lately? I'd love to help out with some virtual set design in Cinema 4D or whatever you're using.
Im pretty positive i can import a 4D cinema set

I didnt use after effects for any of this except maybe that 8 min effort BNB FLAME i made lol but i definitely will incorporate some really cool effects ive been learning such as this

Test is crimson for @CrimsonShadow who i was talking to at the time

I can use that effect for kinda whatever

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Ideas:

-Some type of "highlight reel" on every episode of the best moments of the last tourney/locals.

-Players submit tech and the best tech gets chosen and winner gets a prize. Maybe feature the top 3 tech's on the show. (Would make good use of new gen record features)

The Shoryukens prison thing is gold. Please make that happen.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
This looks awesome. If you ever wanted or needed any music or audio for segments let me know, I've worked on some smaller indie films and web series before.

I can really see this as an opportunity to have something the whole community can almost "collaborate" on. Obviously it's a lot of work putting something like this together so perhaps having something like representatives from different scenes keeping everyone updated on different happenings around their area could be cool. Lots of potential here.

Last edited:

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
If you happen to travel alot for MKX I think it would be neat to have a small segment introducing the local scene of whatever major/regional you end up going to. Have a small documentary letting TYM know what that local scene is about. Have small interview with each of it's players.

Keep up the good work Pig. Don't let the trolls get you.

Looking forward to it man. In the future, I would like to hear a breakdown + examples, about the preparation & process players form in their mind for & during a match. That is, game specific & when transitioning to other fighting games.

Also, maybe a discussion about what general direction we'd like to see developers in push, in terms of future gameplay mechanics.

Cool name for the show too.

Love the set man!
If you can compare your podcast to any type of show what direction do you see it going? Is it sportscenter or is it a mix of sportsnation and outside the lines
Things I would like to see:
I would definitely like to see a highlight reel or even a countdown of top 5 amazing wins
Educational segments would be great. I think they would be most effective with match analysis where you can inform new players about why certain actions were taken in a match and some alternatives that could be used. For pros you can basically deliver like a news round-up of new tech for certain characters and maybe have someone who plays the character be on the show to break things down.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Dude, great job! Can't wait to see more!

If someone gets thrown in the prison, they should have an opportunity to "fight their way out". As in, say someone is crying for nerfs about a specific tactic of a specific character, they should have the opportunity to use that tactic. If they're crying for buffs, they should have to fight against whatever tactic they think needs buffed. Like a ft5 kind of thing. That could be a fun and funny way to somewhat legitimize their claims.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
presentation, delivery, and execution is really top notch. nice work!

you should do a cosplay segment too! just think if your thumbnail had a sexy revenant Kitana and shirtless alt Erron Black! your youtube views would go through the roof and you'd get ad revenue. sex sells you know!